BO to take "oath" in private

Well, he is getting more and more bold about what he is and what he believes…and it ain’t America or freedom. Hope all you Amerikans are happy now. We now live in AmerIslam.

Obama To Take Oath In Private. Because It’s None Of Your Business, That’s Why - Tony Katz - Page 1

I the der Fuhrer Hussein Obama do solemnly swear upon the Koran to abide by Sharia Law and Black Liberation Theology so help me, Praise be to Allah, Allah is great…

It that legal?

Probably not, but when did that ever stop him?

When you are a dictator YOU make the rules, regs and laws that are followed by subjects…

Rutherford B Hayes took the oath in the oval office in 1877, Calvin Coolidge in his house in Vermont by his own father, a notary public. Hayes because Inauguration Day fell on a Sunday. Coolidge because Harding died and he was vacationing at the time. Just answering the question “Is it Legal?”. The answer is yes

Ok is it warranted in his situation then? I have no problem with him wanting to do it privately but I want to know the reason. He is the President and if he is going from the publics’ eye then he needs to provide a reason.

That I can’t answer. I was just saying that there is no rule that states the oath has to be in public. But, of course, the question is “why not?”

Never let the opportunity for a good conspiracy theory pass you by.

"By David Jackson, USA TODAY

President Obama will have a private swearing-in on Jan. 20 because it falls on a Sunday – all the big public events will be the next day; this situation has affected previous presidents.
inaugural-stand

(Photo: J. Scott Applewhite, AP)

Obama to have a private swearing-in on Jan. 20 -- a Sunday

** A public ceremony, parade, and balls will be on Monday, Jan. 21**
The “Sunday exception” has affected previous presidents

4:30PM EST December 6. 2012 - President Obama’s inaugural committee confirmed Thursday that he will take his second oath-of-office in a private ceremony on Jan. 20 – a Sunday – with the parade, balls, and other public events to take place the next day.

The president and first lady Michelle Obama will also sponsor a National Day of Service on Saturday, Jan. 19, said the 2013 Presidential Inaugural Committee.

“In keeping with tradition for Inauguration Days that fall on a Sunday, the President will participate in a small private swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 20,” the committee said in a statement. “The President’s public swearing-in, the parade and the official Inaugural balls will take place on Monday, January 21.”

It was in the article you linked. Its because inauguration falls on a Sunday.

“In keeping with tradition for Inauguration Days that fall on a Sunday, the President will participate in a small private swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 20,” the committee said in a statement. “The President’s public swearing-in, the parade and the official Inaugural balls will take place on Monday, January 21.”

The Martin Luther King, Jr., memorial holiday is also on that Monday.

The “Sunday exception” also affected inaugurations of presidents James Monroe, Zachary Taylor, Rutherford B. Hayes, Woodrow Wilson, Dwight Eisenhower, and Ronald Reagan

Obama: Oath on a Sunday, ceremony on a MondayEdit: Cam beat me to it

No worries UNT…if he took a public oath on Sunday…they’d be complaining about the Muslim who didn’t honor the Sabbath. :smiley:

However,

The press **will not be allowed **to view the proceedings.

Oh look,

“The last time a president was inaugurated on a Sunday was in 1985. Reagan’s White House allowed complete news coverage of the private ceremony, including three reporters, three still photographers, and one network television pool camera, according to a Los Angeles Times report from the time.

A Private Swearing-in Ceremony for Obama? - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Please note that the actual facts have been available for over 12 hours.

**Obama’s swearing-in will be open-press
By DYLAN BYERS |
12/12/12 10:31 AM EST

**The Presidential Inaugural Committee has announced that President Obama’s official swearing-in will be open to the press, allaying the concerns of those in the White House press corps who had feared restricted access.
"[T]here will be media access to the official swearing in on Sunday," a PIC representative told POLITICO. “We are still working out additional details and logistics and expect to be able to share more about media coverage plans for that ceremony and other Inaugural events soon.”

No problems then.

I don’t believe ANYTHING from the liberal-marxist media, especially anything about BO. Anything and everything that BO does or says I regard as suspect–seriously suspect. He may be Amerika’s president, but he is NOT mine. He does not deserve my respect or belief. He has lied to everyone. Everything he’s done has been to weaken this country. Whether this is a bogus conspiracy or not, it is typical of what this puke has done and will continue to do over the next 4 years of his tyranny. Good luck, Amerika!

How about the facts and not RW blogosphere pissy pants spin. Obama: Oath on a Sunday, ceremony on a Monday

**In keeping with tradition for Inauguration Days that fall on a Sunday, the President will participate in a small private swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 20," the committee said in a statement. “The President’s public swearing-in, the parade and the official Inaugural balls will take place on Monday, January 21.”

The Martin Luther King, Jr., memorial holiday is also on that Monday.

The “Sunday exception” also affected inaugurations of presidents James Monroe, Zachary Taylor, Rutherford B. Hayes, Woodrow Wilson, Dwight Eisenhower, and Ronald Reagan.**

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:16, topic:37473”]
How about the facts and not RW blogosphere pissy pants spin. Obama: Oath on a Sunday, ceremony on a Monday
[/quote]Well now we got left wing pissy pant spin from you

[quote=“samspade, post:17, topic:37473”]
Well now we got left wing pissy pant spin from you
[/quote] At least my link appears to be reporting the barebone facts and doesnt open with a headline BECAUSE I SAID SO

How is it a spin if the official statement from the White House is that the ceremony will be public? If anything the spin is anyone claiming it will be private, contrary to the statement given by the White House.

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:19, topic:37473”]
How is it a spin if the official statement from the White House is that the ceremony will be public? If anything the spin is anyone claiming it will be private, contrary to the statement given by the White House.
[/quote]Standing up for another left winger --got it