BO wants racial quotas in school discipline--Thomas Sowell

More idiocy from BO and the other leftist commies. Just one more reason to abolish public schools.

» School punishment by racial quota » Commentary – GOPUSA

:banghead:

1 Like

u guys need to do more research before u speak on race issues

Some of the members here are black so what research do we need to do?

u guys need to do more research before u speak on race issues

a) Please try when possible to use proper grammar and spelling when posting. It makes everything easier to read, not to mention it elevates the level of debate. This is not a text message; it is a discussion board.

b) Please clarify what research we (or I) need to do regarding race and race relations. I presume you will point us towards books like The New Jim Crow and the like, which point to disciplinary disparities among races across our society. We can discuss these points, unless you choose to ignore part c.

c) Please take a stance, put forth an opinion, or introduce new information when you post. It makes everything more fun and exciting. :grin:

Some of the members here are black so what research do we need to do?

Sam, this is splitting hairs but this comment makes it sound like because we have black members, we are well educated on issues of race. Its a modification of the old “I’m not racist I have black friends” defense. I know that’s probably not what you meant to say, but I felt I should point it out.

You are right in inquiring after the specific research we have to do though.

1 Like

Um, the article was written by Thomas Sowell. As far as I can tell, he’s black.

4 Likes

So you are saying the black members here do not have input and would not say something? The implication was we were racist because we are all considered white. Not true and you know we do not practice racism here unless it comes from a liberal. Such posts have those members barred but you knew this.

He is a BRILLIANT black man and he’s a conservative. He has never minced words about race or other political issues.

4 Likes

That’s what makes bigboi’s post even more funny.

So you are saying the black members here do not have input and would not say something?

Nope.

The implication was we were racist because we are all considered white. Not true and you know we do not practice racism here unless it comes from a liberal. Such posts have those members barred but you knew this.

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up! I wasn’t sure where you were coming from.

It would also be helpful if you could restrain yourself from explaining to the rest of us HOW we should post here. I’m white, for example, but I have a black son, daughter-in-law, three grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren–all of whom would be very surprised to find out that their father, father-in-law, grandfather and great-grandfather wasn’t qualified to speak to racial issues BECAUSE he’s white.

It would also be helpful if you could restrain yourself from explaining to the rest of us HOW we should post here

I was explaining to Big Boi, who joined this month, certain conventions that I see as making debate here easier, more enjoyable, and more productive. The first part of that post was directed solely at him, and his baiting, informally formatted post.

The second part of my post was directed at Sam, for something that I wasn’t sure he was saying, but wanted to clarify. He has since clarified his position, and the issue is resolved.

I’m white, for example, but I have a black son, daughter-in-law, three grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren–all of whom would be very surprised to find out that their father, father-in-law, grandfather and great-grandfather wasn’t qualified to speak to racial issues BECAUSE he’s white.

I never said or implied that white people aren’t qualified to speak on race. Heck, no one is qualified to speak on race, but we all have to do it. I’m not really one for saying “you can’t talk about that, you don’t know enough” or “you can’t talk about that, you aren’t X Y or Z.” Experts are often wrong and people with little experience are often right. Especially on an issue as complex as race.

True. From what I read years ago some of our schools are majority black around here. Do we need to import more whites to have parity?

It is funny years ago I posted an article by Mr. Sowell and was criticized as well about the author being racist. I pointed out as well Mr. Sowell is black.

1 Like

And I have blacks as members of my family as well.

just because hes black does not mean he is accurate.
just because he is black does not mean he speak for all blacks.
saying or inferring that alone is racist. would it be ok to say rush limbaugh is accurate and speak for all conservatives and or all whites

Oh boy…looks like we got a live one. :banghead:

1 Like

just because hes black does not mean he is accurate.
just because he is black does not mean he speak for all blacks.
saying or inferring that alone is racist. would it be ok to say rush limbaugh is accurate and speak for all conservatives and or all whites

No one implied any of those things.

What is your position on what he is writing about though? Are you for racial quotas for school punishment?

I can argue with you on the substance of these issues, but you seem to be baiting here. No one will take kindly to you or your ideas if you come in here and make unsubstantiated claims of racism. That’s the kind of stuff the mods will ban you for.

6 Likes

Do you think Democrats don’t routinely say that NOW?

1 Like

so if the demobrats are doing so should you?

Except that we aren’t DOING that. We’re merely pointing out to those who accuse US of being racist that the man we’re quoting is NOT anti-black…he IS black.