Boehner Resigns!!!!!

House Speaker John Boehner is announcing his resignation as Speaker effective the end of October!!! Hooray!

4 Likes

Boehner Resigns Speakership, Claims Job ‘Just Isn’t Fun Anymore’

In a surprising announcement on the steps of Capitol Hill today, Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner officially resigned his post as Speaker, as well as his job as Congressman for Ohio’s 8th Congressional District. “The time has come for me to step aside,” said Boehner through streams of tears. “While I have enjoyed my time as Speaker of The House of Representatives, the fact of the matter is the job just isn’t fun anymore.”

The final straw for Boehner has been the recent government shutdown which came about when House Republicans refused to fund the government unless the Democratic Senate and President Obama agree to dismantle or delay the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. “When I first gained the Speakership after the 2010 elections, I got everything I asked for from the Democrats,” he reminisced. “But now they’re refusing to play with me, and frankly I just want to go home.”

Boehner Resigns Speakership, Claims Job

Look the man is a democrat and has helped obama greatly. Those congress critters like the Tea Party are just mean for asking him to do the right thing instead of facilitating obama at every turn.

McConnell are you paying attention?

3 Likes

So he was only in it for “fun”?

When I first saw this topic, I thought, "Can’t be true. But this isn’t April Fool’s Day, is it?’

I guess he doesn’t like having his feet held to the fire. I hope his replacement is an improvement, but I won’t hold my breath for it.

2 Likes

I believe this is the third or fourth time he has come under fire and his speakership was in jeopardy because of his maneuvering legislation to allow obama to have his way.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that the DEMOCRATS also get to vote for Speaker and there are enough RINOs in the House that we just might get ANOTHER Democrat Speaker. The GOP members of the House aren’t known for being conservatives.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for the best, but not expecting much.

I will be happy so long as it’s at least a usually conservative person.

1 Like

And here we thought he was just so moved by the Pope, that THAT is what he was bawling his eyes out over. (again.)

Oh, and boo-hoo some more, why don’t ya?

“When I first gained the Speakership after the 2010 elections, I got everything I asked for from the Democrats,” he reminisced. “But now they’re refusing to play with me, and frankly I just want to go home.”

Actually, the Reps did make some progress over the last 5 years, but that, sniff~sniff “I just want to go home!,” sniff~sniff, is enough to gag a maggot.

3 Likes

'bout time!

1 Like

Buh bye

1 Like

And that is what scares me. Remember that the dem in this situation could be N. Pelosi.

1 Like

:popc1:

This should be interesting.

1 Like

I strongly suspect that the RINOs will either be AWOL, OR they will finally come out of the closet now.

Meanwhile, out in the corral --------!!

2 Likes

I don’t think that they would do that. Not that they have any moral objection to it, but that they wouldn’t be able to get away with it.

1 Like

Didn’t even the democrats claim they dislike Pelosi?

1 Like

I thought the speaker had to be from the majority. Don’t the repubs have a majority (even if most of them are RINOs)?

1 Like

I am fairly certain that the Speaker does not even have to be a House member.

2 Likes

I seem to recall that the speaker is elected by the membership of the House of Representatives. That vote is pretty much along party lines so it looks as though the speaker has to come from the majority party because he/she does.

1 Like

The fight will be between the RINOS and the more conservative,(not necessarily the Tea party adherents)

1 Like

Good Riddance! He can take McConnell with him.

2 Likes

He could easily be gone next year. The democrats have a real chance to pickup Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and I can’t see any likely GOP pickups. McConnel or Shumer; What difference does it make?

1 Like