Boy was 'excited' by Sandy Hook shooting, planned to 'break the record'

This school is in the neighboring county.

Bloomington is the liberal oasis of Southern IN. That school system is the most notorious for blatant liberal indoctrination in the area. At a play, that people paid to see in this school, teachers used the stage before the play to urge people to vote for a local school tax increase. People have taken their children out of this school system and have moved a few miles south into my county to make it happen.

Police: Boy was ‘excited’ by Sandy Hook shooting, planned to 'break the record’

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - A Bloomington student is being evaluated after police say he had plans to “break the record” in a school shooting this upcoming Friday.

Bloomington police said a Bloomington High School South student referenced the 26 people killed at Sandy Hook and said he was planning to “break the record” on Dec. 21, according to a report from another student.

Police said the student who made the threats claimed to have a gun in his locker.

Investigators said when interviewing the student about his statements, he told police he was “excited” when he heard about the Connecticut shooting, and he said he liked guns and felt “powerful” when holding a gun.

Officials did not find a firearm in the student’s locker, but confirmed that he had access to guns at home, police said.

Police said the student’s parents owned firearms but kept the ammunition locked in a safe.

Tuesday, police obtained a search warrant for the weapons at the student’s home, under the guidelines of the Jake Laird Law, which allows law enforcement to remove weapons from those who could pose a threat.

Police removed two rifles, two shotguns, two handguns and ammunition from the home. The arms will be kept at the police department pending further review of the case.

Police said the student’s actual intentions are unknown, and arrangements have been made for the student to be evaluated.

The case remains under investigation.

Tuesday, police obtained a search warrant for the weapons at the student’s home, under the guidelines of the Jake Laird Law, which allows law enforcement to remove weapons from those who could pose a threat.

Police removed two rifles, two shotguns, two handguns and ammunition from the home. The arms will be kept at the police department pending further review of the case.

And if the police find there was no crime and the weapons and ammo were properly stored, does this law require the police to return the confiscated weapons? Or leave that up to their “discretion”.

I was going to say, “Well, at least they didn’t print the name of the twit-headed attention seeker,” until I got to this part…

…and my jaw dropped.
CL, “liberal oasis” ain’t the word. “Gestapo” would be more like it.
What in the dear name of Jesus has happened to my country!!!

Police said the student’s actual intentions are unknown, and arrangements have been made for the student to be evaluated.

Oh, how very special of them.
In the meantime, they took away the line of defense (where no crime has been committed from 2 people who’ve never committed a crime), and will most likely put their kid on psycotropics; whether the parents want him to be or not.

And to think, the only thing that came to mind when reading the headline was, “La Pierre was right!”

When I saw the part about entering the home and confiscating the weapons, that bothered me too. The only place that would fly is in Bloomington. Out here in the coutryside, I don’t think that it would have been handled that way.

If this had been my son, I probably would have received a call from the Sheriff, who I have met on several social occasions–mostly at school functions. We would have discussed it and found a way to deal with it that was not draconian like the Communist Republic of Monroe County. They actually know my son through the various law enforcement outreach programs at the grade and middle schools. They all think that he’s a great kid. He was a baseball team mate with the son of a local deputy.