Boycott time

I save money by boycotting stuff.I do not buy illegal drugs nor tobacco products nor alcoholic drinks.I do not buy high priced clothes & shoes.I do not buy much music either.I do not buy rap crap music either.I boycott holidays because they are just days.Rather than buy stuff for each holiday spend time with family.I shop online to say money.Stuff online is lower than in the stores mostly.The stuff i do not need i buy less of .[ATTACH]2213[/ATTACH]

That’s called Going Galt. We’re doing it too. I’m not buying new cars. I deal in cash under the table. Barter with friends and neighbors. Be a monkey wrench in the works whenever possible.

Funny, I do this with my entertainment. I boycott movies and TV shows of the radically leftist and overly outspoken celebrities. Uh, why do folk worship celebrities? Aren’t they just people doing their job, you know, like waitresses, convenience store clerks, janitors, etc.? OK, maybe not LIKE, as the last three actually provide a service.

No new cars, Lol, I drive a 14 year old Buick with 112,000 miles.

Love the barter system! It is just so honest to me. “Fair and equitable trade is no robbery.” Remember my time in Ithaca NY, they started an alt currency system called Ithaca Hours in the late 1990’s. Also, what happened to that (short lived?) TV show called, “Down East Dickering” on History Channel? Enjoyed the heck outta that as it showed a realistic bater system at work.

Yes, I am a non-conformist…

I’m sorry, but I can’t go without a few drinks.

Go ahead and cut off your nose to spite your face. Me, I see no reason not to enjoy life’s pleasures (within my budget and in the context of my other responsibilities, of course). Nor am I afraid to see movies, read books and consider opinions other than my own.

Boycotting, by and large, is stupid because it is ultimately self-destructive.

I’ll bet you’ve supported liberal boycotts in the past. I’d bet money on it. See how the left does. Use their own tactics against them and suddenly
they become opponents of boycotts.

Boycott. obviously it is effective. The left just doesn’t want you using it as successfully as they have.

Boycotts are useful IF they are applied to those issues that make a difference and there is a consensus of thought, otherwise you are spraying the hose into the wind and just soaking yourself.

I can’t recall supporting any “liberal boycott”. Why would I - I was probably a conservative and a Republican before you were born, punkette.

I will, however, go out of my way to buy American.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:5, topic:44250”]
Go ahead and cut off your nose to spite your face. Me, I see no reason not to enjoy life’s pleasures (within my budget and in the context of my other responsibilities, of course). Nor am I afraid to see movies, read books and consider opinions other than my own.

Boycotting, by and large, is stupid because it is ultimately self-destructive.
[/quote]I go out and be happy but i will not support these fools who do not care about me but want my money.Like those i hip hop the disrespect people but want them to buy their crap music.I am not going to keep making the rich richer while give OUR JOBS TO ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Mailey, if you won’t patronize those “who do not care about me but want my money”, you won’t buy or do very much of anything at all. Don’t you understand the basic precepts of a free market? Most everyone who seeks your business wants your money. A free market is by definition a market of self-interested individuals. Few enter the marketplace to be altruistic but rather to obtain goods and services they need, which includes, of course, money.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:10, topic:44250”]
Mailey, if you won’t patronize those “who do not care about me but want my money”, you won’t buy or do very much of anything at all. Don’t you understand the basic precepts of a free market? Most everyone who seeks your business wants your money. A free market is by definition a market of self-interested individuals. Few enter the marketplace to be altruistic but rather to obtain goods and services they need, which includes, of course, money.
[/quote]YEAH i buy stuff i need like food & so forth i do not need sports,hip hop/rap ,lame movies,i am not paying $500 for a concert.

Then it’s simply a matter that you’re not interested in such things. But it’s silly to say you’re “boycotting” them.

If you have a DICTIONARY HOME LOOK UP THE WORD BOYCOTT that is all you have to do.DO have a nice day now.

Umm, for a little bit of friendly one-upsmanship, I drive a 16-year-old Subaru with 125,000+ miles. Of course, it was barely broken in good when I got it (22,465 miles, but it was already 5 years old).

I drive 90,000 miles a year. I go through many vehicles.

I know the meaning of the word. It’s the context in which you choose to use it that’s silly. Just because you don’t enjoy a sport doesn’t mean you’re “boycotting” it.

More to the point, though, why are so down on enjoying the pleasures of life? Life is short, even to a youngster like yourself. Live a little, eat, drink and be merry. You let a day slip by, you’ll never get it back.

mailey; remember, a Boycott only works when a majority of others are involved if you are alone in your boycott, you are the loser.

Why need it be a “cut off your nose” scenario? It is purely a choice of where and what to spend one’s discretionary funds on (we ARE still in control of that aren’t we?). Cutting off one’s nose suggests that there is something of value being missed. Sorry Jazz, but Hollywood and TV rarely come up with an original thought/plot these days. Same can be said about the outspoken leftists that I tune out and who’s entertainment I choose to forgo, nothing original or new there! Just a self-important bullhorn blaring the same-old to attract attention, be cool and attempt relevance.

I get plenty of entertainment supporting those things I like and doing them with like-minded people (ie.fishing, boating, Bible study, reading non-fiction and some of the responses here :smack: ) so I do not need to live vicariously through someone else’s imagination.

AFRAID :rofl: to see movies, read books and consider other opinions? Ok, hold on to that…

So if boycotting is self-destructive, and you go to great lengths to buy American, by your definition you, therefore, choose to engage in the self -same destructive behaviors you attribute to boycotters. Sorry, that is a little too twisted for me to contemplate this am.

No, boycotting is not self-destructive, it is a conviction backed up by our finances, not just empty words or actions…

Actually, I “boycott” several things. I will NEVER, for example, watch a TV program or movie (even if it’s offered “free” on TV) in which Hanoi Jane Fonda, Susan Sarandon, Ed Asner, Rosie O’Fatso, Roseanne Barr or Babs Streisand appears. I will only reluctantly tolerate Whoopie Goldberg, Danny Glover, Tom Hanks or any other far-left loon because they sometimes DO have redeeming qualities. Glover, for example, is a GREAT bad-guy as he was in “Shooter.” I can easily imagine him having the same attitude as his character had in that movie…“I’m protected.” Maybe I’ve missed some great movies, but I can live without them quite well, thank you very much. I don’t shop at Starbucks and wouldn’t buy “Progressive” or GEICO insurance on a bet. Maybe my little “protests” don’t matter one whit, but they are MY “choices.”

NOT REALLY A LOSER BECAUSE I SAVE MONEY!!!Instead of spending much money like others & then they may need that money you know.So i save for better things.