Brain-dead Democrats

I don’t see any “loading” with conservative GOP’ers. And any that might be there didn’t get there by voting for RINOs.

Susanna…I don’t recall either of the main RINO’s, McCain and Romney getting elected (you said, electing RINOs)…but if they had been elected, wouldn’t we be better off than with Obama? To avoid getting another RINO, we have to fight for someone now, volunteer, send money, organize a neighborhood group to campaign for one of the many good Conservative Candidates! Do it now! All of you! If you do not, we will be left with Bush (RINO)…if it comes to that either we did not work hard enough now for a better candidate, or to many of us set home complaining about the past elections, whatever happens, we all own it!

I post a lot on some other Forums where we have a good mix of Dem’s and Repub’s and a few Libertarians. Funny, I find many on here who claim to be Conservatives more difficult to discuss logically key issues. I have never been on a forum where so many people want to throw themselves off the cliff (Not voting or voting 3rd Party, or writing in themselves)…

I came here hoping to find some intellect as to how we can continue to drive forward conservative values…what I find is something quite different!

OK, so we are stupid since we cannot subscribe to the “lesser of two evils” nonsense you put forth, huh?
I voted mindlessly for GOP candidates in the past. Never, ever again. Lesser of the evils is like saying “I’d rather have cancer than AIDS.” I, personally, do not want either.
Furthermore, social conservatives like me, have been told by many a Republican’t, that we should go find another party to belong to, since we do not represent Pubbie Policy. We are told we must compromise on our beliefs so the Party can compete with the Dimocraps.
We are told to accept abortion, or we cannot win.
We are told we must accept gay marriage, or we cannot win.
We are told we must accept amnesty for illegals, or we cannot win.
We have been told our religion is evil, our views are outdated, our methods are obsolete, our beliefs are mean and our objections are hateful.

Then, in the same breath, we are told we must vote GOP, or we are enabling their opposition. IOW, "We don’t want your ilk in our party, because you are evil and selfish, but would you please remember to vote for us?"
So, I, and many like me, are really interested in seeing if the GOP can win, without us. They get my vote, when and only when, they deserve it.
You must be kidding, and if not, How Sad.

Sorry for the d/p, folks. Not sure how that happened.

Tiny:

Then, in the same breath, we are told we must vote GOP, or we are enabling their opposition. IOW, “We don’t want your ilk in our party, because you are evil and selfish, but would you please remember to vote for us?”

Honestly, Tiny, can it possibly GET more insulting?

So, I, and many like me, are really interested in seeing if the GOP can win, without us. They get my vote, when and only when, they deserve it.

Quite right. Your vote is YOURS; not theirs.

You must be kidding, and if not, How Sad.

I have a strong inclination to go with the former.

Oh, and the lame, failed attempts to insult are not lost on me.

Ok, so you are so smart…your solution is what! SIT HOME? A real person of action you are!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln
Y

2cent no longer deserves any further replies…as his thoughts truly are not worth 2 cents!

Everyone needs to remember that the Whigs disappeared only after they became indistinguishable from Democrats and that gave rise to a “3rd Party”…Republicans. If it happened in the late 1850’s, it can happen again!

I’m wondering how deep I need to get in this thread…

I’ll start with this:

Critique the posts, not the poster. That goes for everyone.

That’s the official warning. From this point on in this thread, I’ll send infractions.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln
Y

…and don’t forget that Lincoln was one who STARTED the process of destruction. I admire him in many ways, but using military force to prevent individual States from seceding was a violation of the Constitution–and slavery was only a small part of the reason those States decided to secede.

[quote=“Pappadave, post:92, topic:46711”]
…and don’t forget that Lincoln was one who STARTED the process of destruction. I admire him in many ways, but using military force to prevent individual States from seceding was a violation of the Constitution–and slavery was only a small part of the reason those States decided to secede.
[/quote] Explain that one to me Dave… What makes his use of the military to prevent states from seceding (AT THE TIME) unconstitutional? Posse Comitatus and similar laws/amendments were passed AFTER the civil war…

Nope, I am active in local politics. I vote in every national election. I just vote for whomever I believe represents me and my family the best. It usually is not the GOP, and probably never a Democrat.
So what is your solution to my situation? Vote for whomever the GOP wants me to vote for? Vote against someone instead of for someone? Hold my nose and do what YOU think I should do?
Ain’t ever gonna happen.
And yes, it will be destruction from within, assuredly. But, with all your “superior intellect” you fail to realize that the destructive force may not necessarily be Democrat, in nature.
IT COULD BE A REPUBLICAN’T THAT IS INSTRUMENTAL IN OUR DEMISE.(Bolded and capitalized for emphasis, not volume)
I have no loyalty to your beloved party. I may not be the brightest candle on the piano, but I am smart enough not to let people tell me for whom I should vote.
Are you?

I have a feeling some people would like to go back to the ballot where you could vote straight party . The ballot had one spot for choosing either a democrat or republican without having to make individual choices.

We still have that. I thought all voting mechanisms still had that, too. I simply don’t make use of it.

Oh, but I do hear what you’re saying. I just question if they’re sincere about it.

Not in the ballots here

Interesting. We now have ‘touch screen’, as opposed to ‘pull the lever’ type, (have for some while) and the choice is available for “straight party.” I just don’t do it.

What type of voting mechanisms are there in IL where you vote?

Oh, and another thing. People keep saying, “Do a write-in”. I’ve never known how to do that in either case, and am especially concerned that they might get just a little ticked off if I tried writing on the computer screens.

pen to fill in the circle then the ballot goes into a reader

Wow. I would’ve figured IL would be technologically ahead of AR.
(Never has been the case, though. We had long-distance learning long before Michigan did. We had broad band, at a far better rate, and sooner than other states did. Etc. But that’s okay. I like it that nobody wants to move here. It’s quieter that way.)