Brand New Conservative Here!

Hey guys!
I just joined this message board because I am a brand new conservative looking to discuss politics with some people of a similar persuasion.

You may be wondering my I am calling myself a brand new conservative, and well, it’s because up until this current battle for president I had always identified as a liberal. I was born 24 years ago in the very blue state of New York (though I have since moved to South Carolina) with a very liberal, I’d even go as far as to say feminist mother, and a conservative father from Europe.

The reason I had always leaned toward the blue side is because:
-I support marriage equality in every state, but I do believe churches should be able to deny performing gay marriages if they do not support it,
-I support better sex education in schools and access to free birth control as a means to reduce teen/unintentional pregnancy,
-I care very deeply about the environment and anything that is proven through science to not only be harmful to the plants and animals around us, but to our children, loved ones, and selves I can not support.

With that being said, I realized these things do not mean I can not support a republican candidate. There are also other issues our country currently faces that, in my opinion are far more important.
-National security. On September 11th, 2001 I remember being in school as a 5th grade student when the teachers had to explain that something very serious had just happened. I remember my friends crying and worrying about their parents and relatives, some of whom were in the city. I support any measures to keep this from being something my future children will have to experience.
-Economy. I believe that no politician can achieve any of their promises without first improving the economy.
-Immigration. Being the daughter of an immigrant, I realize this is an important issue. People coming here from many countries have something they are trying to escape from whether it be the crumbled remains of a failed fascist regime, drug cartels, or ISIS. We owe it not only to the current citizens of the united states, but to anyone wishing to be a part of this country honestly to keep dangerous people out and create a safe haven for the good honest people of the world. We can not do this without securing our borders.
-2nd amendment rights. The reason our forefathers established this amendment was so we could revolt against a corrupt system if that time ever came. If a politician supports banning guns I seriously question what their vision for this country truly is. In my opinion, the solution to mass shootings is to create a culture that does not glorify violence, and that recognizes mental illness as the medical condition that it is and treats it seriously.

Maybe you’ve guessed it, maybe you haven’t… but I am a full-on Donald Trump supporter! I voted for him in the South Carolina primary, and if I weren’t afraid of the backlash, I’d have 20 trump shirts and wear one every day. I am looking forward to hearing from like-minded people, or even not like-minded as long as I am not being personally attacked because I am always open to hearing new ideas and opinions!

Good luck avoiding ad hominems but…

welcome.

Welcome to RO!

I guess what I mean is that I am open to listening to ideas other than my own as this is how we all become better people. I’d probably say I’m a burgundy voter (mostly red but a little bit of blue) and if someone has a very decent point against my liberal views, I’d love to hear it, just be considerate is all I ask.

Brand New Conservative Here!

I support marriage equality in every state
I support better sex education in schools and access to free birth control
I am a full-on Donald Trump supporter

Well … one of us is confused?

Welcome to the forum.

I am mildly curious. Why do you hold other people to a far higher standard on debates with your views than you give your own candidate you support?

Warning, lots of cussing and violence!

I am not a Trump supporter but that ridiculous video compilation of all the extremist left wing usual suspects (edited for maximum propaganda effect) is not going to change one vote.

For 4 decades the Left has been using thug tactics and bold violence to censor those who express political or religious ideas that they don’t like;
People are fired from jobs
Businesses are sued into bankruptcy
Polling places are flooded with armed advocates for one candidate
Private Property is destroyed
Objects are hurled at public speakers
Cities are set ablaze and their businesses looted
Intimidation via personal threats and attacks are common
Children of “enemies” are stalked in public

ALL of this occurs while the same scum reporters and networks in that video report these stories with the portrayal of the “protesters” as “victims” instead of the criminal persecutors they are, not of these despicable “reporters” has ever condemned Obama for telling his supporters “If they have a knife, you bring a gun” or Eric Holder for refusing to prosecute any crime committed by someone with black skin.

In this Trump is right, these people are NOT “good people” and their intent is to prevent Trump from expressing his opinions to the voters; these violent leftist “protesters for hire” are used to zero accountability as all of America watches their Rights disappear.

I hope George Soros has to triple what he pays these thugs as they become aware that the reaction might no longer be “thank you, may we have another” from the crowd.

The Left is probably stupid enough to think that they could wage literal war against everyone who holds an opposing view for decades and never get any push-back, but they are about to find out that people will only be crapped on for so long before they say “enough is enough”.

I don’t want Trump for President but I sure want American citizens to stop taking violent abuse with their hands in their pockets

Of course it’s not going to change any votes. People voting for Trump despite his calls for violence, and comments against women are going to vote for him regardless. Propaganda? It’s so easy to propagandize what he says because… he well… says that stuff. I’ve seen the rallies. He absolutely advocates violence. He’s practically writing the propaganda for the leftists.

Hi and welcome! I’ll probably debate you on some of your stated positions (if they come up), but hopefully we’ll keep our disagreement respectful. :smile:

I never denied that, the propaganda is reporting it as if this is something new. Trump advocates confronting violence with violence, he says that we have tolerated these terrorists for far too long and we cannot take back our country if we allow them to keep using violence against the innocent without accountability.

EVERYONE sees this, when the Left burn down a city their media and politicians blame the innocent.
When the Left censor the speech of their opponents the media and politicians blame whoever has been censored.

That is why your video will have no effect, these advocates and cheerleaders for violence when it is being used on those they want silenced are trying to condemn the victims and defend the domestic terrorists once again; just as they have been doing since the 1960’s. Many of those innocent people have had enough of that crap.

The Left is who decided to use violence and force against innocent American citizens in order to get what they want, they were foolish enough to think it would never blow back in their face; the Left obviously do not know Americans very well.

Some societies will just get on their knees when attacked and some will fight back, the effort to “tolerate, understand and appease” these terrorists has simply been viewed as weakness by the Leftist terrorists. Soon they will realize that “slow too anger” is anything but weakness, the innocent people that have been attacked for decades do not need George Soros’s money to get them to engage; they will do so voluntarily once they have had enough.

[quote=“VRONKZ, post:1, topic:48474”]
Hey guys!
I just joined this message board because I am a brand new conservative looking to discuss politics with some people of a similar persuasion.
[/quote]Meet a fellow member who is still a very liberal Democrat. While I work hard I get recreation from disrupting GOP candidate rallies, yelling “off the pigs” and similar slogans.

The reason I had always leaned toward the blue side is because:
[/quote]In my case, I find Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to be sincere and effective advocates for the common man. They are deeply compassionate, sincere people, dedicated both to helping people and to strict adherence to the Constitution.

-I support marriage equality in every state, but I do believe churches should be able to deny performing gay marriages if they do not support it,
[/quote]I support as a fundamental right the ability of transvestite and transexual copies to adopt. I support the right of people to publicly funded gender assignment operations on demand, particularly whenever they are in a bad mood or otherwise have a whim.

-I support better sex education in schools and access to free birth control as a means to reduce teen/unintentional pregnancy,
[/quote]I support the right to abortion as long as 70 years after the successful ending of a pregnancy in birth.

-I care very deeply about the environment and anything that is proven through science to not only be harmful to the plants and animals around us, but to our children, loved ones, and selves I can not support.
[/quote]I think we need to immediately shut down all industry and most mechanized transportation so that New York City doesn’t wind up under 10 feet of water. I believe in payment of large subsidies to the leaders of countries such as Chad, Nigeria and the Marshall Islands to help the leaders adjust to climate change by engaging in world travel and transfer of funds to high-elevation bank accounts in Switzerland.

With that being said, I realized these things do not mean I can not support a republican candidate.
[/quote]I could never vote Republican.

There are also other issues our country currently faces that, in my opinion are far more important.
[/quote]To me the most important issues are the rights of transexuals.

-National security. On September 11th, 2001 I remember being in school as a 5th grade student when the teachers had to explain that something very serious had just happened. I remember my friends crying and worrying about their parents and relatives, some of whom were in the city. I support any measures to keep this from being something my future children will have to experience.
[/quote]We all know that George W. Bush and the Israeli Mossad organized September 11 to demonize peaceful Muslims.

-Economy. I believe that no politician can achieve any of their promises without first improving the economy.
[/quote]Hillary is the answer.

-Immigration. Being the daughter of an immigrant, I realize this is an important issue. People coming here from many countries have something they are trying to escape from whether it be the crumbled remains of a failed fascist regime, drug cartels, or ISIS. We owe it not only to the current citizens of the united states, but to anyone wishing to be a part of this country honestly to keep dangerous people out and create a safe haven for the good honest people of the world. We can not do this without securing our borders.
[/quote]I want more ISIS immigrants to strengthen the Democratic Party.

-2nd amendment rights. The reason our forefathers established this amendment was so we could revolt against a corrupt system if that time ever came. If a politician supports banning guns I seriously question what their vision for this country truly is. In my opinion, the solution to mass shootings is to create a culture that does not glorify violence, and that recognizes mental illness as the medical condition that it is and treats it seriously.
[/quote]It is well-known that guns, often without assistance from humans, cause most mass shootings.

[quote=“Maylar, post:8, topic:48474”]
Of course it’s not going to change any votes. People voting for Trump despite his calls for violence, and comments against women are going to vote for him regardless. Propaganda? It’s so easy to propagandize what he says because… he well… says that stuff. I’ve seen the rallies. He absolutely advocates violence. He’s practically writing the propaganda for the leftists.
[/quote]I actually enjoy following Trump’s example. This morning a lady with a cane was trying to get into Temple for Torah Study. I closed a glass door in her face and told her she was an ugly, fat loser.

Rosie O’Donnell goes to your temple?

To the OP: You need to understand that JBG’s tongue spends a lot of time in his cheek…

[quote=“RET423, post:13, topic:48474”]
Rosie O’Donnell goes to your temple?
[/quote]She’s not Jewish.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:14, topic:48474”]
To the OP: You need to understand that JBG’s tongue spends a lot of time in his cheek…
[/quote]This time though I set forth my actual liberal positions.

That is why I was shocked that you saw her at the door, she may have confused your temple with a donut shop

Sorry for any confusion.
Donald Trump has been rather vague about his stance on gay marriage. the SCOTUS decision actually hurt Hillary though because I know that the only reason a lot of people would have voted for her was that one issue. If it’s hurt Hillary, then it has helped Trump. Through the first amendment, churches can not be forced by the government to perform these ceremonies anyway, so if this court case needs to happen, so be it.

Donald Trump is anti-abortion and supports defunding planned parenthood, but has stated he realizes planned parenthood has other services that help women. One of these services is birth control. Considering birth control does not kill babies, I believe it is definitely the better option. prevention is the best option, and planned parenthood isn’t the only place to get birth control.

I think Trump would be an excellent leader, and to me, he represents the freedom in America. I have also taken a poll on isidewith.com for fun that has matched me with Trump on 81% of issues. I thought I’d be surprised for sure, but sure enough, I am truly a Trump supporter. (81% at least lol)

Whoa! just realized how many other comments there are! (still new to this, sorry!)
jbg: Surely you’re just being funny. I enjoy a good laugh.

susanna: what’s with the salt? I don’t get it :X