Brand New Conservative Here!

You see the same kind of thing going on with bernie’s supporters, except people aren’t actually showing up to vote for him on the level Trump supporters are.
I do not like Ted because I am really not into the idea of a theocracy,
I do not like bernie because I don’t like the idea of a communist dictatorship full of self-flagellating white college students
I do not like Hillary because I don’t want America to become Europe 2.0(nor does my Italian born father) and I don’t think a woman who stays with her husband after he admits to cheating on her is a very great role model for young girls not to mention the emails(if you vote for hillary, you’re voting for whoever she chooses as vice president essentially)…

Trump is my best option. Not voting is not an option. Trump has been called racist since the very beginning of his campaign when he said illegal immigrants are rapists. Saying someone who is breaking the law does other things to break the law is not so far fetched. he didn’t say " all mexicans are rapists" . the liberal media has incited rioting because they are using scare tactics to demonize trump. This is him fighting back.

[quote=“VRONKZ, post:20, topic:48474”]
jbg: Surely you’re just being funny. I enjoy a good laugh.

susanna: what’s with the salt? I don’t get it :X
[/quote]I am extremely serious on those positions. Sorry, those rights “Trump” all.

[quote=“VRONKZ, post:21, topic:48474”]
You see the same kind of thing going on with bernie’s supporters, except people aren’t actually showing up to vote for him on the level Trump supporters are.
I do not like Ted because I am really not into the idea of a theocracy,
I do not like bernie because I don’t like the idea of a communist dictatorship full of self-flagellating white college students
I do not like Hillary because I don’t want America to become Europe 2.0(nor does my Italian born father) and I don’t think a woman who stays with her husband after he admits to cheating on her is a very great role model for young girls not to mention the emails(if you vote for hillary, you’re voting for whoever she chooses as vice president essentially)…

Trump is my best option. Not voting is not an option. Trump has been called racist since the very beginning of his campaign when he said illegal immigrants are rapists. Saying someone who is breaking the law does other things to break the law is not so far fetched. he didn’t say " all mexicans are rapists" . the liberal media has incited rioting because they are using scare tactics to demonize trump. This is him fighting back.
[/quote] Where on Earth did you ever get the idea that Ted Cruz represents a potential “theocracy???” That’s as far from his position as it’s POSSIBLE to get. Trump is a buffoon and about as “presidential” as my pet Yorkie. He will NEVER be President. On the off-chance that he wins the nomination, Hillary will beat the pants off of him and we get another criminal administration. If he doesn’t go into the convention with enough delegates to win on the first ballot, he’s toast and won’t be the GOP nominee. If he decides after that to run as a third-party “spoiler” in the general election, all he’ll do is pull enough votes from the GOP’s nominee to allow Hillary to win (which is WHY I think he ran in the first place.) Cruz is the ONLY candidate remaining–in EITHER Party–who knows, understands and respects the U.S. Constitution and will be able to ENFORCE it–even against an out-of-control Legislative and Judicial branch of government. He can do this by vigorously wielding the veto pen.

1 Like

[quote=“JBG, post:22, topic:48474”]
I am extremely serious on those positions. Sorry, those rights “Trump” all.
[/quote] Have you every heard the phrase, “Take everything he says with a grain of salt,” meaning that he’s pulling your leg? With JBG, you have to take what HE says with a LARGE dose of salt.

[quote=“VRONKZ, post:20, topic:48474”]
susanna: what’s with the salt? I don’t get it :X
[/quote]The idea of the salt is that Susanna, FantasyChaser and PappaDave (link) say my posts need to be taken with a grain of salt. In fact, I am an extreme liberal, fresh from a ban by DemocraticUnderground and multiple bans from DailyKos.

Have you ever thought of voting third party? I mean, the establishment always says you shouldn’t vote third party because you are “throwing your vote away” when you do. But when you vote third party, you are voting “against” establishment politicians, and by following their advice, you are voting to “continue” the establishment of the same old same old demorat and republithug. They don’t want you to vote third party because they don’t want to lose their power… power that both sides have obviously put to poor use.

As for Bernie and Trump, voting for Bernie is not going to send us into commie hell like the PRC of China no more than voting for Trump is going to send us into a facist Corporatocracy. US politics has turned to crap no matter who of the major 2 parties you vote for, and a vote for a Demorat or Republithug is just going to net you more of the same crap we’ve been dealing with now for years.

[quote=“Maylar, post:26, topic:48474”]
Have you ever thought of voting third party? I mean, the establishment always says you shouldn’t vote third party because you are “throwing your vote away” when you do. But when you vote third party, you are voting “against” establishment politicians, and by following their advice, you are voting to “continue” the establishment of the same old same old demorat and republithug. They don’t want you to vote third party because they don’t want to lose their power… power that both sides have obviously put to poor use.
[/quote]The problem with voting third party is that it weakens the party that you’d ordinarily support more. Faced with a choice between Hillary and the Donald I’ll probably vote for Hillary.

1. That assumes that either party is worth supporting anymore. I dispute this.
  2. Why? What’s the benefit in choosing between two bad choices? If you vote for a third party or write-in, you’re having the effect of sending a message to those who might be persuaded to run on a third party ticket. People are becoming more disgruntled with both parties, and that could mean some interesting things.

Aside from that, Hillary is, so far as I can tell, devoid of any sense of shame. I’m not sure where Trump is at in that regard, but I don’t think he’s as far gone as she is.

I think some people are drawn to Trump because they don’t believe he is EITHER a Republican or Democrat. Truth is, he’s “registered” as a Republican, but is imbued with Democrat “sensibilities.” In that regard, he’s not much different from McConnell, Boehner or Ryan.

1 Like

No, Ryan’s a budget hawk through and through, and he thoroughly understands the concept of subsidiarity. You may not agree with the approach he’s taken to fight for them, but his principles are clearly conservative.

Welcome, enjoy the site.

Welcome!!!

Yeah. He’s such a “budget hawk” that he’s just overseen giving the Democrats and RINOs everything they wanted in the latest budget!

1 Like