Breaking: Holder Justice Department Also Tapped House of Representatives Cloak Room

The cloakrooms serve as a place for members to socialize, eat, and take naps without leaving the building. These rooms are closed to all except for Senators and Representatives, and a few of their trusted staffers, and even have their own phone numbers.

Congressman Devin Nunes (R-CA) went on the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight and dropped this bombshell. The Holder-Obama Justice Department tapped the House of Representatives Cloak Room.

Oh My… Breaking: Holder Justice Department Also Tapped House of Representatives Cloak Room | The Gateway Pundit

Taps All Around!:ninja:
Makes one wonder … SCOTUS before Roberts changed his mind?

HMMMmm:wink:

The most transparent administration in history…

:howler:

They are very transparent. It’s plainly obvious they are the most crooked bunch of gangstas ever to leave Chicago.

Exactly, Stang. They promised transparency, and they are.

Sadly, after 20 years of fighting it, I’m up to ‘shrug’ 'cuz I know my input isn’t going to make a dime’s bit of difference on the large scale of things.

Something IS up, though, with all these scandals, (and I use the word loosely), coming out all at once. There’s got to be a bigger reason than trying to cover up for Benghazi or whatever. And I’ll bet it’s hiding in plain sight.

I’m not gonna lose a whole lot of sleep over it, but I’ll admit curiosity.

Nunes is walking this back

What Rep. Nunes meant by “tapped” was that the DOJ seized the phone records, as has been widely reported. There was a little confusion between him and the host during the conversation: He did not mean to refer to phone records of the cloakroom itself, but of the Capitol. This refers to the phone records for the AP from the House press gallery, which the DOJ admitted to looking at. He was explaining that if those phone records were seized, they would reveal a lot of conversations between the press and members of Congress, since reporters often speak to Members from the press gallery phones. The notion of the DOJ looking at phone records from the Capitol of conversations between Members of Congress and reporters is something that concerns Rep. Nunes, bringing up issues related to the separation of powers.

No, the Justice Department Did Not Wiretap the House Cloakroom - Philip Bump - The Atlantic Wire

I didn’t read every detail, but from what I did, it sounds like a lot of double-talk was going on. Not possible to know exactly what did happen.

LMAO!! Al Capone is beginning to look like a cross-dressing punk when compared to Barack’s band of Chicago thugs that matriculated with him to Washington DC.

The country has been under siege for 4.3 years - ONLY 3.7 years to go.

I watched Chuck Todd wringing his hands the other night while lamenting the thought that Obama could conceivably become ineffective and unable to “get anything done” in his second term as a result Benghazi, AP and IRS.

Hell, one can but pray Todd’s fears are fully realized.