Breaking: Second Gun Parts Manufacturer to Exit Colorado

HiViz has looked at the new anti-gun atmosphere in The Centennial State and decided that they don’t want their tax dollars to support a state that infringes on its citzens’ RKBA. As such, they’ve just announced that they’ll be joining Magpul in finding a more hospitable place to do business.
April 1, 2013, Fort Collins, CO–HiViz Shooting Systems (a division of North Pass Ltd.), announces plans to relocate operations out of the state of Colorado due to recent changes in Colorado state gun control legislation. HiViz President and CEO, Phillip Howe, states that talks are currently under way with officials of a neighboring stater egarding the move.

Breaking: Second Gun Parts Manufacturer to Exit Colorado | The Gateway Pundit

Driving business away—what were these politicians thinking?

From the linked article:

Magpul Industries, a Boulder high-capacity magazine manufacturer, says it will produce magazines outside Colorado within 30 days.

And these aren’t just minimum wage (or near minimum wage) entry-level jobs. These are operations in which one can get an entry-level position, learn, and be promoted. So congratulations, CO! Your government just drove hundreds of excellent out jobs out of CO. But you’ll soon be bested in this department by CN!

From the OP:

…the majority of its employees will make the move with the corporate operations.

Double whammy. And just what the CO legislature deserves.
I wonder how many individuals will follow. Also wonder where/if those hundreds of elk hunters who spend boo-coos amount of money in CO each year will search for fairer pastures.

What utter fools.

OUTDOOR CHANNEL Pulls Productions from Colorado
Date: Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM
ColoradoSenateNews.com

I met you yesterday after the so-called “public hearings” on the antigun bills; as I mentioned, I am an Executive Producer for OUTDOOR CHANNEL. I currently have four series in production, included GUN STORIES, the top show on OC, with several additional series in development. My series focus on guns, hunting, shooting and the outdoors.

This morning I met with my three Producers, and we made the decision that if these antigun bills become law, we will be moving all of our production OUT of Colorado. We have already cancelled a scheduled filming session for late this month. Obviously, part of this is due to our own commitment to the right to keep and bear arms, but it also reflects 3 lawyers’ opinions that these laws are so poorly drafted and so designed to trap otherwise legal citizens into a crime (one of our attorneys referred to them as “flypaper laws”) that it is simply too dangerous for us to film here.

We are relatively small potatoes in television, but our relocation of production will cost Colorado a little less than a million dollars in 2013.

Secondly, we have proudly promoted Colorado in our productions (and have been moving more and more production into the state); now we will do exactly the opposite. What does this mean for Colorado? The community of television producers is a small one. Last week I had lunch with a major network producer who was looking to locate his new reality series in Colorado. That producer is also a shooter, and the new reality series will now be based out of Phoenix. That lunch cost Colorado over a million in economic impact.

More brown odoriferous stuff hitting the rotating ventilation device in CO. A million here, a million there … CO may be facing an cumulative economic impact in the 100s of millions or even a couple billion dollars. And that will quickly translate into tax increases and loss of business (hunters eat, buy gas, need lodging, etc., just for starters).

Colorado should be able to make up the lost revenue, and more, with pot taxes and pot tourism.

I’d love to open an invitation to HiVis to come to Louisiana! I’ll even host a crawfish boil for them.

Right. IIRC, just the non-resident elk license alone is $400+. And how many hundreds of hunters flock to CO each year? (Or, used to, should I say?)
There’s gonna have to be one whale of a lot of pot selling/smoking going on to make up for that lost revenue alone.
Besides, I highly doubt that pot smokers have near the spending money, nor the expensive tastes, that hunters do.

Magpul is Moving!

Magpul Industries announced today that it is relocating its operations to Wyoming and Texas.

The company is relocating manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Magpul is leasing a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility during the construction of a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit facility in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. The Wyoming relocation is being completed with support from Governor Matt Mead, the Wyoming Business Council and Cheyenne LEADS.

Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas. Three North Central Texas sites are under final consideration, and the transition to the Texas headquarters will begin as soon as the facility is selected.

Magpul has backed their words with actions.