Buh-Bye, mailey2074

mailey2074 has been consigned, permanently, to the outer darkness for chronic “Being Stupid”, expressed defiance of Moderator instructions to comply with RO rules, a polyester-robed messianic complex, and repeated bad imitations of Ahhhhh-nold: "I will be bahhhck."

PeteS

If he does come back, we can smack him with the ban hammer a few more times.

The MagnaClams clean and polish it after every use, and burnish it regularly when not on sentry duty.

Busy as they are, they do an excellent job too. The evidence of their superior burnishing skills
is overwhelming:

Guardians of law and order, sanity, peace, and hope, and protectors of the disenfranchised
and downtrodden of the galaxies, the mighty MagnaClams also wage a never ending war
against tarnish.

:diamonds: :clubs: :spades:

PS
May all worthies live long and prosper.

:smile:

Neutronium Shell Shine works wonders…

I think the shine is important. Reportedly it’s brilliance acts as a merciful “stun gun” so to speak. As the Mighty Hammer
descends upon the guilty culprit the brilliance of the shine reduces the felt-impact of the blow of being “shown the door.”

Then once out the door and into the Digital Outer Darkness their digitalized self can wander hither and thither among the
Graveyard Of The Banned more relaxed and at peace as they make their way towards their homeland, Troll-Dom, where
the King Of The Trolls, Progress Of Pain, awaits their arrival.

/just saying …

… lol …

Thanks to all the mods for a great job that you are all doing on behalf of the members of RO. We don’t give you guys credit where credit is due often enough. You hear our complaints and whinings, but rarely our thanks and appreciation. As for Mailey, he was definitely an irritant. Adios muchacho! (“The Soup Nazi”)

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:1, topic:44610”]
mailey2074 has been consigned, permanently, to the outer darkness for chronic “Being Stupid”, expressed defiance of Moderator instructions to comply with RO rules, a polyester-robed messianic complex, and repeated bad imitations of Ahhhhh-nold: "I will be bahhhck."

PeteS
[/quote]Who was he? And as a liberal Democrat am I in danger of being banned?

[quote=“JBG, post:8, topic:44610”]
Who was he? And as a liberal Democrat am I in danger of being banned?
[/quote]Why would you think you are? Have you been getting lots of infractions?

JBG: Of course not! Just because you identify yourself as a liberal democrat doesn’t mean the mods will ban you for that! All are welcome here regardless of their political identity.

We don’t ban people for their political POV, JBG. After being here 7 years I would think you would know that.

[quote=“Devilneck, post:9, topic:44610”]
Why would you think you are? Have you been getting lots of infractions?
[/quote]Not on this Board. I posted the two threads linked below on americanwx.com 's political portion and am now hovering close to a ban:

[LIST=1]
[]Western self-destruction ; and
[
]Our President, the Oath and Treason
[*]
[/LIST]

Those were deemed to be too left-wing by many and I was savagely attacked for my liberal views.

Why was Mailey2074 banned then?

Pete told you already.

I’m locking the thread before I decide to ban JBG for trying my patience.

Come, now Dn! I was being cryptic as well as humorous. After twice be disciplined for “Don’t be stupid” violations (aka Rule 1) and responding defiantly, m2074 added the threat that were he banned he would be able to re-register and re-register and… . Then while he was in Moderation, he PMed the same threat again. Taken altogether, it was decided to ban him. He also ranted about folks here at RO not “being able to handle the truth” or something to that effect.

Shhhh! Don’t say anything, but I’ve snagged Dn’s carbon steel banhammer and his razor sharp cheese grater slide, leaving a rubber mallet and a Slip-N-Slide in their place.

I think posts here and other communications have smoothed things a bit, so I’m going to re-open the thread.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:16, topic:44610”]
Shhhh! Don’t say anything, but I’ve snagged Dn’s carbon steel banhammer and his razor sharp cheese grater slide, leaving a rubber mallet and a Slip-N-Slide in their place.

I think posts here and other communications have smoothed things a bit, so I’m going to re-open the thread.
[/quote]Thanks and I apologize for stirring the pot. I just had a very bad experience on another board which hasn’t come to a banning yet but probably will. And which will cut me off from my weather hobby, a key interest of mine.

I was banned years ago from GOPUSA (before I found RO) because I was too critical of the Republican Party, nothing any different from what I post here but they had a zero criticism rule for the GOP I guess.

Good Riddance, that ban motivated me to find this place and I have been much happier with this board and the moderation.

I tried to post on Democratunderground once. One post that was actually fairly MILDLY critical of Obama and I was banned for life!

Given a choice between a board that banned at the drop of a hat (i.e. micromanaging) and one that considers banning action as something that needs serious consideration, I’d pick the “hands off unless it’s really egregious” approach any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Some people on here complain about the moderation, and it’s kind of ironic because on some other boards you’d be banned for EVEN COMPLAINING about the moderation.

A good example of the “hands off” approach these guys have here is that A2E thread that went on for some 40 pages and over 390 posts.

That gal accused the mods here of some pretty absurd things, yet they bent over backwards to leave that thread take it’s course. And IT DID fade to black eventually.

If somebody gets banned on here, you can be sure they rily rily stepped over the line . . . REPEATEDLY.