CA Hispanics to Outnumber Whites by End of Year

I have no way of knowing if the numbers are accurate but … I am not surprised!

According to figures revealed in California Gov. Jerry Brown’s 2013-14 budget proposal, the number of Hispanics will be equal to the number of whites by July of this year–39% of Californians will be Hispanic and 39% will be white then. By the end of the year, the number of Hispanics will outnumber whites.

In addition, the report found that 80% of Hispanics in California are younger than 50, compared to only 73 percent of whites.

The report notes that "as many in the non-Hispanic white population retire, they will be replaced by a more diverse workforce.”

Hispanics made up 12 percent of the electorate in 1998. In 2012, though, they represented 20% of the electorate…

Read more at breitbart.comCA Hispanics to Outnumber Whites by End of Year

[quote=“sillipuddi, post:1, topic:37953”]
I have no way of knowing if the numbers are accurate but … I am not surprised!

Read more at breitbart.comCA Hispanics to Outnumber Whites by End of Year
[/quote] And?

Just something that I didn’t know and found to be interesting.

Didn’t interest you?

sp, OSB is accustomed to people implying more than they actually say, especially in a discussion site like this with strong opinions. Probably most people are so accustomed. But sometimes a curious fact(oid) is just that, interesting.

You’re both from east of the Mississippi, though you may have been to CA. There probably aren’t many populous places in the US where a racist - of any flavor - can easily avoid persons of other ethnic origins, but CA may be among the “worst” states in that respect. CA is a racist’s nightmare. CA had “Native Californians” before the Spanish came (building missions, military outposts and civilian towns and ranches). CA became part of Mexico with Mexican independence. Fur trapper/traders and the Gold Rush brought people from the US (mostly non-Hispanic “whites”); the Gold Rush also brought people directly from Europe and from Asia (China especially). After the Civil War and in the 20th Century, blacks, Japanese, Indians, Filipinos, Koreans, Vietnamese, Africans … . I’m not sure when non-Hispanic “whites” ceased being the majority in CA, but I would not be surprised if it was in the 1980s or earlier.

Personally, this kind of mix is what/where I was raised with and lived most of my life, normal. So the “news” that “Hispanics” will soon outnumber “whites” in CA (and the ridiculous and racist implicit assumption that “Hispanics” and “whites” think and act as homogeneous conflicting herds) doesn’t mean that much to me.

What Pete said.

Yes indeedy! Very very interesting!

And? You said “and?”

… heh heh, read on …

Right on!!

Moreover, all I pray about is that the new arrivals are Christians and it doth look like the Sovereign God hath answered my prayers. /BIG HUGE GRIN

Start quote.
"About 53 percent of all immigrants to the United States come from Latin America. Mexicans and Mexican-Americans make up 58 percent of all foreign born Latin-American immigrants.

About 93 percent of all Latin-Americans, coming from 22 countries, self-identify as Christian. Of the foreign-born Latinos in the U.S., 74 percent identify themselves as Catholic, while 18 percent consider themselves Protestant or non-Catholic.

Mexico, second to Brazil, has the largest Catholic population in the world; and not surprisingly, the largest number of Catholic immigrants to the United States come from Mexico. Mexico also sends the largest number of Protestant immigrants to the United States. Mexicans come to the United States in such large numbers that they bolster both the Catholic Church and Protestant congregations.

“Mexico is the largest Catholic and Protestant-sending country to the United States. Everybody wins numerically. Catholic and Protestant denominations are growing in raw numbers,” Espinosa said.

Latino religious affiliation
According to the Hispanic Churches in American Public Life national survey, Latino religious affiliation in the United States breaks down this way:
•70 percent of Latinos are Catholic, translating into 29 million Catholic Latinos in the United States (compared to 22 million white mainline Protestants).
•23 percent of Latinos are Protestant or “other Christian” (including Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons). That translates to 9.5 million people.
•85 percent of all U.S. Latino Protestants identify themselves as Pentecostals or evangelicals. That translates into 6.2 million people.
•37 percent of the U.S. Latino population (14.2 million) self-identifies as “born-again” or evangelical. This figure includes Catholic charismatics, who constitute 22 percent of U.S. Latino Catholics.
•26 percent, or 7.6 million, of all Latino Catholics self-identify as being born-again.
•1 percent of Latinos identify with a world religion, such as Buddhism, Islam or Judaism.
•.37 percent of all Latinos are atheist or agnostic.

Evangelization of Latino Christianity
The vast majority of Latino Protestants consider themselves to be evangelical or "born again” – that is, they report to have had a “personal conversion experience related to Jesus Christ,” Espinosa said.

Evangelicals believe in sharing their faith through active proselytizing and missionary work. Their inspiration comes through being born-again – the defining experience for evangelicals.

Latinos often substitute the term evangelical for Protestant, because many Latinos feel Protestant is too closely associated with Anglo-American culture.

The largest subset of Latino Protestants are Pentecostals. Pentecostals believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit exist in the present time. Pentecostals believe their bodies can be inhabited by the Holy Spirit, which can involve speaking in tongues, miraculous healings and divinely inspired prophecies.

Aggressive proselytizing, the intense worship experience, healing, the emphasis on conversion, transformation, and increased leadership opportunities in the ministry have all contributed to the trend of “Pentecostalization” of the Latino church, Espinosa said. The emphasis on youth ministry and popular culture is another important draw to Latino Protestant churches."

Latino Religion in the U.S.: Demographic Shifts and Trend | National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC) | Hispanic Evangelical Association

End quote.

Heh heh, we want to shake up them thar “white” secularist leebruls out thar in the Golden State and get them so nervous they have to eat Valium for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 24/7/365 … LOL … while they pray to their god Mankind to deliver them from the religious influence of the HUGE tribes of HISPANIC CHRISTIANS, tens of millions strong from Central America and South America, now in the process of moving into California and then on into America.

I read some where that by 2050 there is going to be over 100,000,000 CHRISTIAN HISPANICS in the United States based upon continued immigration patterns and very high CHRISTIAN Hispanic birth rates. Btw, secularist leebruls don’t have babies …they have very low birth rates, actually way down below replacement levels, ain’t that a shame, I tell ya, that just breaks my heart. /sarcasm LOL.

Cheers.

Sorry to unhinge the subject for a minute, but you have a request in the Faith and Beliefs thread Jack.

Hello Perkins Man, er, I usually catch on pretty quick, but er, I seem to need furthur clarification here! Eh, could you link me to the “request” or tell me where it is?

Cheers and a Happy New Year.

From Susanna in the “Why do people love God so much” thread. I bring it up because I’m curious about it too.

If Jack Hectormann was around, I would ask him to point you to his post where he compared life to eternity for a man who lived to be 100, and suffered all his life - comparing increments in eternity to the 100 years he had lived on earth, until that 100 years was such an infinitesimal amount of his complete life (both on earth and in heaven), that it lost its meaning.

If Jack Hectormann was around, I would ask him to point you to his post where he compared life to eternity for a man who lived to be 100, and suffered all his life - comparing increments in eternity to the 100 years he had lived on earth, until that 100 years was such an infinitesimal amount of his complete life (both on earth and in heaven), that it lost its meaning.

Perkins Man, its in my blogs under God, Free Will, And The End Of Evil, Part 2 - Member Blogs - Conservative Republican Discussion Forums

I’ll go stick the link under Susanna’s post in the “Why do people love God so much” thread too.

Cheers.

(and the ridiculous and racist implicit assumption that “Hispanics” and “whites” think and act as homogeneous conflicting herds) doesn’t mean that much to me.

Well then, how do you explain Obama getting 71% of the Hispanic/Latino vote?

Because there are a lot more Puerto Ricans and Mexicans than Cubans (people who escaped communism).
:howler:

Well, first of all, 29% did not vote for Obama. A minority, but still pretty large. Second, maybe, just maybe, the Rs surrendered a few states with large numbers of Hispanics … like CA, while Ds did not. I could say more, but lack time at the moment.