Cadet quits, cites overt religion at West Point

A cadet quitting West Point less than six months before graduation says he could no longer be part of a culture that promotes prayers and religious activities and disrespects nonreligious cadets.

Blake Page announced his decision to quit the U.S. Military Academy this week in a much-discussed online post that echoed the sentiments of soldiers and airmen at other military installations. The 24-year-old told The Associated Press that a determination this semester that he could not become an officer because of clinical depression played a role in his public protest against what he calls the unconstitutional prevalence of religion in the military.

News from The Associated Press

Poor baby what a wuss. Lets translate this What he means is because they would not dump all religion for him he is upset.

**“I’d really love to be able to do this for the rest of my life,” he said"

**Now you can go support Obama and get that free phone

Sam… :no:

Yes. The wuss that went to West Point Military Academy, for, presumably, three and a half years.

Sam has it right he is an atheist…

I will BET $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ this is a setup, note he quit with only 1 semester left in school, he can transfer to any college in the US and all but the military courses will walk in the door, he can grad with in the year.

I am saying he was put up to this, its PHONY!!!

I agree. If it wasn’t, why did he wait that long?

That simply doesn’t make sense. He could go to another college to begin with. He’s dropping all his military courses and his chance at being an officer. That doesn’t sound like someone who is seeking personal gain.

Perhaps the military was paying for his courses and his dropping out with one semester to go is how he thinks he gets out of active duty once he graduates.

Army Scholarships and Army ROTC Scholarship Programs | GoArmy.com