California to adopt cap-and-trade

I am positive members here that live in California are not looking forward to additional taxes and associated costs which will be factored in from food and other costs.

California regulators Thursday are expected to adopt the nation’s most comprehensive carbon trading regime, creating a market-based way to lower greenhouse gas emissions at a time when similar efforts have stalled in Congress.
The program is the centerpiece of the state’s 2006 global warming law, which aims to slash carbon dioxide and other planet-heating pollution to 1990 levels by 2020. That would amount to a 15% cut from today’s level.
The cap-and-trade system “will help drive innovation, create more green jobs and clean up our air and environment,” said California Air Resources Board Chairwoman Mary D. Nichols, adding that it “provides flexibility” to industry and takes “into consideration the current economic climate.”

Great news: California to adopt cap-and-trade « Hot Air

Just as I have seen other green projects cost more than they help and actually create more problems, I expect this to do the same.

I would love to see a Mass Exodus from that God Forsaken place.

Unfortunately, many of them will help to repeat California’s mistakes in the other states.

I have never seen a group of people so bent on destroying themselves as the majority of voters in the state of California. Do they brainwash people into committing suicide in school or something?

For those conservatives who still live there: RUN!!! Sell your house, sell your businesses and get the heck out of there. California is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and when it does, anyone with a dime to their name is going to get eaten by the mindless hoards.

California to adopt cap-and-trade

RIP California.

California is a little behind. The East Coast has had this and NEW JERSEY also, Cris Christy likes Tax and Trade.

This is AB-32.
We had an opportunity to postpone (not even repeal) the implementation of this evil turd of a law in the last election until our unemployment rate fell to 5 percent (where it was when this law was passed) and we said “nope, we want it on schedule”.

The “science” they used to justify this joke has been discredited as well but that did not even cause our idiot voters to hesitate for a second in their support of immediate implementation.

We deserve every single bit of pain we experience in this bastion of idiocy.

Well this should just about finish California off. I moved out of there in 05, and I’m glad I did. California is becoming a third-world country, and the refugees have been streaming out of there for years now. I expect there will now be a mass exodus.

That state has been killing business for a long time, and now it’s going to finish the job in one fell swoop.

RET about covered it, except for mentioning that the twit in charge of the “science” underlying this economic suicide was exposed as having a mail-order “doctorate degree”.

Well, states are the laboratories of democracy. An imposition of cap-and-trade would allow the rest of the country to see how well it works to lower carbon emissions, and just how much it “drives innovation” and “provides flexibility.

Just like the Massachusetts health care law that raised everyone’s rates, reduced their actual coverage (while covering garbage like acupuncture and sex changes) and increasing the government debt burden.

Such a stupid law would never be implemented nationally…

SV,I saw this coming in Nov. 1988. My wife and I left the LA County area for good. Since, I have convinced my elderly mother to come out to NC. My kid brother will probably be next, since the house he bought for 200,000 is now worth 69,000. After I get done with him, I am working on my oldest son and his family, and my number three daughter, who just had a baby, alone. I intend to make it possible for all of my family to get out of there.

[quote=“RET423, post:6, topic:28608”]
This is AB-32.
We had an opportunity to postpone (not even repeal) the implementation of this evil turd of a law in the last election until our unemployment rate fell to 5 percent (where it was when this law was passed) and we said “nope, we want it on schedule”.

The “science” they used to justify this joke has been discredited as well but that did not even cause our idiot voters to hesitate for a second in their support of immediate implementation.

We deserve every single bit of pain we experience in this bastion of idiocy.
[/quote]As a side note, I read an article that told about the junk science that was used to justify limiting the water in California for those fish we had discussed earlier.

Oops… Federal Judge Rules Liberal Fish Study That Forced Officials to Cut Off California Water Was Based on Junk Science | The Gateway Pundit

Junk science devastates farmworkers | Heliogenic Climate Change

Can we just cede from them and get it over with.

Can you deport a whole state?

Just give it back to Mexico. Solves our problem and theirs… (jk, jk)

Alright Pete, your avatar sure is putting out some carbon. Can’t zoom in on it to well, SoDak?