Cancun's Climate Crock

Cancun’s Climate Crock
By Brian Sussman
American Thinker
12/8/10

It began with a prayer to the Mayan moon goddess, and it has quickly devolved into a junk science circus.

Delegates to the United Nation’s Framework Convention on Climate Change in Cancun, Mexico were greeted by the Convention’s Executive Secretary, Christiana Figueres, who prayed to the goddess Ixchel.

Like with carnies hawking tickets to a sideshow, the predictions made at this year’s U.N. climate conference were more outrageous than ever. They included:

* Temperatures climbing 6.4o Celsius (11.4o Fahrenheit) after 2050.
* Sea levels rising two meters by the end of the century.
* The islands nations of Maldives and Tuvalu soon to be inundated by rising waters.
* Developed countries must immediately implement energy rationing systems to mandate the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions, thus reducing the imminent threats imposed by global warming.
* By continuing on our current emissions path, climate change will double grain prices by 2050 and leave millions of children malnourished. 

The assertions are a crock. For example, since 1850 – the beginning of the Industrial Revolution – the earth’s average surface temperature has risen only 0.7 degrees Celsius (just a bit more than one degree Fahrenheit). Point-seven degrees Celsius in 160 years – that’s all the warming planet earth has experienced, and this minuscule temperature increase coincided with the proliferation of the train, car, truck, and even the lawnmower and leaf blower. Oh, and here’s a pill that’s tough for the global whiners to swallow: the bulk of this warming occurred before 1940.

The Enviro-Looters of the UN aren’t ready yet to seek another pretext for looting.

I envy these hard working vacationers, err, hard workers for the planet. They seem to sachet from one tropical paradise to another on behalf of global salvation. Bali, Cancun…

I recommend everyone to watch “The Great Global Warming Swindle” on this topic if you haven’t yet (from UK Channel 4), I believed Al Gore’s graph until I saw it. The correlation between CO2 levels and temperature is actually the reverse of what the GW crowd says, as in, CO2 levels follow temperature (ie. they are the dependent variable, not the independent)

Cancun carbon footprint by the numbers
Rick Moran
American Thinker
12/12/10

If the Klimate Kooks had their way, we’d all be freezing or roasting to death just so that they can live life high on the hog. For when it comes to leaving a carbon footprint, the delegates to the Cancun climate summit wear some mighty big shoes:

[quote]The meeting’s carbon footprint was 25,000 metric tons of emissions, according to host nation Mexico. That includes the carbon output of everything - flights by delegates, shuttle rides from the swanky Moon Palace hotel, even food preparation.
[/quote]
If nothing else clues you in to the fact that these Envirocrats don’t really believe what they preach, its hypocrisy like this!

[quote=“JBG, post:2, topic:28560”]
I envy these hard working vacationers, err, hard workers for the planet. They seem to sachet from one tropical paradise to another on behalf of global salvation. Bali, Cancun…
[/quote]Haven’t you noticed that when “important work” needs to be done a vacation spot has to be selected to get the maximum benefit of the outcome?:rolleyes:

That’s part of the humorous irony of this conference. After last years snowy debacle in Copenhagen they went to Cancun. And Cancun had, during the conference, record-breaking … cold weather!

The Gore Effect is ubiquitous. Attempts at evasion are futile!

[ATTACH]1138[/ATTACH]

I think God is trying to tell them something

• but they haven’t got the message yet!

[quote=“Susanna, post:8, topic:28560”]
I think God is trying to tell them something

• but they haven’t got the message yet!
    [/quote]Apparently last winter’s 60+ inches of snow in NYC, the third-snowiest ever (and incredibly during a La Niña) and the October 29, 2011 storm hasn’t sunk in yet.

When record cold weather hits, it’s because of man-made global warming. Didn’t you get the memo? It’s also Bush’s fault.

NO