Candy Crowley Admits She Was Wrong!!!!!!

Debate moderator Candy Crowley admitted that Romney was right to address the president’s response to the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, but he “picked the wrong world.”

[http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/10/16/candy-crowley-embarrasses-herself-falsely-corrects-romney-libya](http://washingtonexaminer.com/debate-moderator-candy-crowley-romney-was-right-in-main-libya-argument-but-he-picked-the-wrong-word/article/2510979#.UH420sU81Ik<br /><br />[URL=“http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/10/16/candy-crowley-embarrasses-herself-falsely-corrects-romney-libya”)[Debate moderator Candy Crowley: Romney was right in main Libya argument, but"]http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/10/16/joe-trippi-crowleys-interruption-libya-looked-ref-just-threw-flag

Debate moderator Candy Crowley: Romney was right in main Libya argument, but](http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/10/16/joe-trippi-crowleys-interruption-libya-looked-ref-just-threw-flag)

How did she admit she was wrong? She corrected him in that Romney said Obama did not refer to “acts of terror” when he did indeed refer to “acts of terror”.

Nowhere in there did she say she was wrong. I believe in the the debate she corrected him on the “acts of terror” and then said something along the lines of but it did take two weeks before they moved off the tape thing. That’s what I saw, anyway.

How did she admit she was wrong? She corrected him in that Romney said Obama did not refer to “acts of terror” when he did indeed refer to “acts of terror”.

Nowhere in there did she say she was wrong. I believe in the the debate she corrected him on the “acts of terror” and then said something along the lines of but it did take two weeks before they moved off the tape thing.

CNN: WH Declared Benghazi Terrorism ‘First Time’ Nine Days After Attack
by Ezra Dulis

17 Oct 2012, 12:09 AM PDT

News agency CNN reported on September 20th that the White House characterized the September 11th attack in Benghazi, Libya as terrorism “for the first time.”

This report, published over a week after the attack, contradicts the assertion by Barack Obama – and CNN’s own Candy Crowley – that the President first made that assessment one day after the attack. Obama and Crowley made this claim in tandem during Tuesday’s town hall debate against Governor Mitt Romney at Hofstra University in New York.

The administration and the debate moderator’s revision of the record is further contradicted by UN Ambassador Susan Rice’s public statements five days after the attack. One five separate television interviews, Rice claimed that the assault which killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans was a “spontaneous reaction” to a YouTube video based on the “best information at present.”

My emphasis.

Crowley’s False Fact Check Saves President, Derails Debate - UPDATE: Crowley Backtracks
by John Nolte

16 Oct 2012

***UPDATE 4: Politico’s Dylan Byers: “After the debate, even Crowley seemed to acknowledge that she had erred.”

***UPDATE 3: Even Politico’s Mike Allen is questioning Crowley’s call.

***UPDATE 2: Even Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler says Crowley got it wrong: Obama “did not say terrorism.”

***UPDATE: After the debate, Anderson Cooper was the first member of the CNN post debate group to question whether or not Romney really got the Libya issue wrong. They then brought Crowley on and after all the damage she had done during the debate, she finally admitted that Romney was “right” but “picked the wrong word.”

Here’s what Obama said that day:

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.

Context matters and the context here is that Obama connected this “act of terror” to … a mob action over a YouTube video – not a deliberate terrorist attack. Obama was using the term generically and it would be almost two weeks before he used it again.

Let’s not forget that Susan Rice said declaratively on the five Sunday shows four days later that it was NOT an act of terror.

And then there’s that other moment of denunciation before the UN, when Pres. Obama condemned … the You Tube video. Candy Crowley, not Mitt Romney, blew it on the facts, and in so doing, her gratuitous intervention, in frequently interrupting Romney, in skewing speaking time in Obama’s favor (even Politco admits that statistical fact!), in selecting twice as many “questions” that challenged Romney positions as challenged Obama injected her strong partisan bias into the debate. Not that she was alone among MSM folk in her bias. Then there’s Crowley’s parroting of an Obama talking point as the premise of a question: “I do attribute much of America’s economic and international problems to the failings and missteps of the Bush administration.”

All in all, her “moderation” was pretty much what one can expect from US MSM folk.

The only reason Candy Crowly has a job is fear of a lawsuit for discriminating against fat female idiots.

[quote=“natstew, post:4, topic:36618”]
The only reason Candy Crowly has a job is fear of a lawsuit for discriminating against fat female idiots.
[/quote] And she is FUGLY to boot…what a beast, they shoot horses for less…

Full Transcript of Obama’s Rose Garden Speech After Sept. 11 Benghazi Attack

Here is how Obama characterized the attack in his speech:

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi …

… While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

And in the press release:

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. …

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. … And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Here is the context of the “acts of terror” remark in the press release (but not Obama’s speech):

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

His “acts of terror” comment is not a direct and specific description of the Benghazi attack. Because the context of the phrase is in reference to the hardihood of Americans’ character, it’s not certain that the Benghazi attack whether “acts of terror” refers that attack or to worse attacks that actually are “acts of terror”.

That debate was a joke. It was a setup for Obamama to get up and lie. Romney did himself no favors.

I will say that his closing statement was pretty good.

I got up and went to bed after Candy spouted her lie. After that it was nothing but a you will not talk against dear leader show.

[quote=“Dacabeti, post:8, topic:36618”]
I got up and went to bed after Candy spouted her lie. After that it was nothing but a you will not talk against dear leader show.
[/quote]I dind’t watch the whole thing. Obamama started off with lies. Followed up those lies with more lies, and finished with lies.

I saw bits and pieces, and heard more clips today on the radio.

I told Aimee that it’s a simple format for Obama. Lie, Bush’s fault, Lie, Romney is lying, Bushes fault, Lie, GOP blocked it. Her son had to rate the performance of each Candidate and ten tell a fact he learned. I really love this kid. He’s 11 and when Candy said Obama called it terrorism he said “well that’s not true”. For hi fact about Romney he put 10.6% Unemployment rate as actual number of people not working which means to everyone but the President “unemployed”. For Obama’s fact he put Has a hard time knowing facts.

And the transcript from the debate:

ROMNEY: I - I think interesting the president just said
something which - which is that on the day after the attack he went
into the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.

OBAMA: That’s what I said.

ROMNEY: You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it
was an act of terror.

It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you’re
saying?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because
it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi
an act of terror.

OBAMA: Get the transcript.

The fact is that Romney was wrong. The Rose garden speech calls it specifically an attack multiple times, and then refers to acts of terror at the end. Romney shouldn’t have claimed he didn’t say it was an act of terror in the rose garden even if it were this uncertain.

NO, Romney was NOT wrong, you are wrong, Obama LIED, nothing new here on either count…

Did you read or listen to the Rose Garden Speech. The President clearly attributes the attack on the Youtube video which is completely false:

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

In that context, his use of “acts of terror” did not mean that Libyan attacks were done by a terrorist group to assassinate our diplomats. Everyone knows what the President meant in his Rose Garden speech. It is weaselly to try to say now that he meant something else.

Where did he say anything about a video in that transcript? Moreover, why exactly would he call them “attacks” and then refer to “acts of terrorism” if the two were not related?

You are right on, they just played his rose garden speech on Fox, what is it about this that liberals do NOT understand…only took bammy nearly 2 weeks to finally admit it was not due to the video…and how many years are they still calling the TERRORIST ATTACK AT FT HOOD a work place accident?

bammy is a pathetic liar, unable to deal with the truth, the truth, he can’t handle it…

OK, then YOU tells what the next two weeks of blaming the video were??? Was he walking back the terrorist statement or WHAT???

70 million witnessed her cut Romney off and then “fact check” during the debate. Perhaps a few political wonks will note her admission. Damage done to Romney on a VERY key point; opportunity lost.

But, if you think this CNN “journalist” was jacked up, wait untill you get a load of the mainstream media lefty, Bob Scheiffer - the moderator of the final debate.

Next election let’s “level the playing field” - after all, it is all about “fairnes”, right? I suggest Rush Limbaugh, Bernie Goldberg and Andrew Wilcow sit in the moderator’s chair for the 3 presidential debates in the next election cycle.

I posted the paragraph where Obama was referring to the video. What the else do you think he was referring to? If you are going to take that obtuse of a stance, then there is no getting through to you.

Sorry, Trekky, Obama did not specifically refer to the Benghazi attack as an “act of terror”. If I understand what I linked correctly, he did not use the phrase “acts of terror” in his speech, but in the press release about the speech; regardless, the phrase was “acts of terror”, “**acts[/b” plural, a general non-specific word; not “act” singular, which would necessarily and specifically refer to Benghazi. In his speech and in that press release there were multiple times in which the Benghazi attack was mentioned and characterized directly. That’s why Crowley admitted, after the debate, having been wrong. In not one of those instances was the Benghazi referred to as an act of terror or terrorism. In an obviously carefully word-crafted speech and press release, that omission was significant and intentional. Obama used ambiguity to give the impression of calling the Benghazi attack an act of terror - you and others took his bait - without actually doing so and being able to deny having done so.

Whether Crowley also took Obama’s carefully word-crafted bait or knew she was wrong while challenging Romney is something we aren’t likely to learn. Words and facts are her business: she should have known exactly what Obama said and didn’t say; she should have known Romney was right; regardless, as a supposedly non-partisan Moderator she should not have intervened.

Whatever one thinks of Candy Crowley’s personal appearance, it’s irrelevant to being a debate moderator or reporter. Denigrating comments reflect on the one(s) commenting, not on her.

Trekky knows that, Pete. He’s a lefty - facts are simply things to be set aside.