Cardinal Burke and Biden

I just read this and I was so happy to see that one Catholic clergy has the guts to proclaim the truth about “Catholics” who support abortion. Not even the pope has taken a firm stand on these people claiming to be “devout” Catholics. This is absolutely what I’ve been saying for a long time. Read on!

3 Likes

“Not Catholics in good standing.”

“They are commiting a mortal sin”.

“They can’t receive Holy Communion”.

These things can be said about ANY Catholic in the Democratic party. (Nancy Pelosi comes to mind. I don’t know if she receives Holy Communion or not, but if she does than every time she does she’s committing a mortal sin . . . so also is the priest that gives it to her.)

3 Likes

Sure, but only 1 politician has been in a fight with the pope and called “not Christian” by him

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” Francis said, according to The Associated Press’ translation of the press conference.

Trump wasted no time firing back. “If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’s ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened,”

1 Like

LOL. You quote THIS, far-left “Pope” as “authoritative?” Many of his own Archbishops and Cardinals think he’s a moron.

1 Like

I mean he is THE leader, that was elected by the other leaders. Those at the top must be like minded to have appointed him.

So, I guess Catholicism is a far left group now with some fringe offshoots like the one from the original article here.

I may be mistaken, but I believe there was an incident not too long ago where a dem, who is openly pro-abortion, was refused Holy Communion. I don’t remember where it was or who the dem was but it was beautiful.

Only if the priest knows the person and is aware of their support of abortion. In most of these cases, the priests do know and you are correct, they are gravely sinning as well–perhaps more so. And, it is more than a mortal sin. It is considered a mortal sin with a capital M.

Trump is correct. He’s not Catholic but he knows Catholicism. The Pope should be careful who he decides to pick on.

Gene: There are factions within the Church that are definitely left-wing. Without passing judgement, I can say that this pope is definitely influenced by marxist liberation theology which is condemned by the Church. Argentina is saturated with it and our present pope was born in Argentina. I haven’t heard much out of him lately, so perhaps he has decided to turn his attention to other things.

Also, this Pope condemns President Trump’s plan to build a wall along our southern border while living behind walls around Vatican City that are anywhere from 40 to 60 FEET tall with armed members of the Swiss Guard there to protect him from anyone who manages to get INSIDE those walls.

2 Likes

Yes indeed. Popes have traditionally sided with the poor and defenseless. Pope Francis sees the Mexicans as a poor and defenseless group just wanting to live some place where they can be free. There are those, but more of them just want what they can get free. I don’t recall the age of the pontiff, but he has to be in his 80’s.

10/6/2020

@Gene

The current Pope, Francis, was born Jorge Mario Bergoglio in 1936, and is from Argentina. He is . . . a JESUIT, a sect notorious for their left leaning views. The guy is about as left-leaning as they come. He was mentored by a Paraguayan Communist.

Now Cardinal Ratzinger (“Benedict XVI”, the Pope before this guy) was no rock star like Cardinal Karol Józef Wojtyła of Poland (AKA Pope John Paul II, canonized a saint . . . relative to some pretty awesome popes John Paul II is it. Prolly be a while . . . maybe NEVER . . .'till we get another one like him) was a hell-of-a-lot better than this Bergoglio nutbird (Pope Francis).

John Paul II annointed Bergoglio a Cardinal. I generally am a fan of John Paul II (was raised Roman Catholic but left the church and am now non-denominational, but still follow Roman Catholic happenings . . . though CT is the authority on all things Catholic), but making Bergoglio a Cardinal was the one huge mistake John Paul II made, though I suspect he did it because he wanted a representative from South America.

{digression 1} A lot of Roman Catholics believe that whatever the Pope says is . . . flawless, i.e. “infallible”. Truth is, the Pope is infallible ONLY when he speaks on MATTERS OF FAITH.

For example, what language is used for reciting mass is NOT a matter of faith.

Now this Bergoglio/Francis moron makes a lot of BS proclamations in areas other than matters of faith, and they are taken by the herd as . . . INFALLIBLE. THEY ARE NOT!!!

In fact, if you look at what this idiot has declared on matters of faith alone, the doctrine of infallibility itself becomes questionable. {end digression1}

Soooo . . . yes, Gene, there “is a far left group” of Catholics, led by Francis himself.

Will there be a schism between far left Catholics and traditional Catholics? I don’t know but the table is set.

The future of the papacy? It will likely remain far left perpetually.

Why?

Francis has stacked the deck by appointing his far left brethren to influentual positions in the Roman Curia (consists of the supervisory agencies of the Holy See and the primary authorities through which the affairs of the Catholic Church are conducted. It acts in the Pope’s name and provides the central organization for the church to achieve it’s goals).

I can’t remember which of the Curiae it was but Francis actually “fired” a traditional Catholic member and replaced him with one of his far left minions.

Anyway, Francises far left Church will remain, probably forever.

1 Like

Hey, I’m gonna be honest, I’m out of my depth here as an atheist. I’ll take your word for it on the differences in catholic sects and whatnot. Genuinely asking here though, is Jesus thought of as a far left figure in today’s context?

Not at all, Gene. Jesus never said to take care of others by giving your money to Rome and trust that Rome will take care of them…which is the LEFTISTS’ position. Jesus said to “suffer the little children to come unto me.” He did NOT say to murder them in the womb to prevent overpopulation by “inferior” races, which is the leftists’ position.

1 Like

FAITH and morals. And even in those cases in order to be infallible in faith and morals, the pope has to speak “ex cathedra” (“from the chair”) (little note here: the “chair” refers to St. Peter’s Chair. Yes, we have the actual Chair of St. Peter!) * The Pope only speaks infallibly when he addresses dogmatic issues , and intends that his pronouncement constitutes a definitive statement which all Catholics must accept as the Church’s teaching. Historically, we could come up with countless examples of doctrinal statements made by previous Popes on matters pertaining to faith and morals." (The Catholic Exchange) A pope cannot speak ex cathedra or impose dogmatic teachings, for example, regarding climate change,(climate change is neither a matter of faith or morals), or other secularist teachings. Here is a picture of the actual Chair in St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome.

For a “fallen away” Catholic, you know your stuff!

Very good point, Pappa!

The Papacy is a very strange concept. The Papacy, therefore, the priesthood was given to us by the Lord Himself:

6 Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven.

18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven. (Matthew 16-19) Before these verses, there is a very intimate exchange between Jesus and His Apostles. He asked them whom did they think He was. Only Peter answered correctly. And that is when Jesus deferred the Papacy and the Priesthood upon St. Peter.

1 Like

My paternal grandmother was a devout Catholic, even though she’d married a man who became a staunch atheist! She once told me that she had to SNEAK her three sons to the church to have them baptized because her husband would have refused to allow it otherwise. She remained married to him even though he was a womanizer, an alcoholic, was verbally abusive towards her and even abandoned her at one point with an infant son (my father) and only came and got her when his boss threatened to fire him if he refused to support his family. After his death by suicide, she started again walking the 4 blocks to church every day for mass. She refused to accept my wife for over a year after we were married because I’d had a previous marriage though she later apologized to both of us and grew to love her. Amusingly, she was born in 1888 and was, in fact, 8 years older than my grandfather who was born in 1894 and he never knew it when he shot himself a few days before his 60th birthday in 1954. She lived to the age of 97 when she died of a heart attack in her sleep the week before Christmas of 1985. They are buried next to each other in Indianapolis, though not in “consecrated ground,” but in a public cemetery where my parents and my mother’s sister are all three also interred, my parents in a mausoleum about 80 feet from my grandparents’ graves. I visit those gravesites on the rare occasion when I went to Indianapolis to visit other family members…actually only once in the last 17 years now.

I grew up as an Episcopalian for the most part and my parents, brother and sister, also joined that church when I was in my early teens. I started out in the Episcopal church when I became a boy soprano in the Christ Church choir when I was about 6 and was confirmed in the church at the age of 14. I remained an Episcopalian until the latter part of the 1960’s when the church took such a hard-left turn that they abandoned the 1928 Book of Common Prayer to a re-written one that they deemed to be “gender-neutral,” did the same thing to the hymnals and actually “consecrated” a “lesbian bishop” in New England. They even removed “Onward Christian Soldiers” from those hymnals as being “too militant.” I might return to the church IF I could find one that abandoned all of that leftist BS, but I don’t have much hope of ever doing so.

Sorry for the narrative. Got carried away, I guess.

1 Like

Papa, please don’t apologize for this post. It is BEAUTIFUL. I love these accounts because it shows that the Lord is ALWAYS a part of our lives even though we claim that He isn’t.

One of my favorite non-Catholics was/is Dr. D. James Kennedy. I used to watch his speeches and even collected some of his most powerful sermons. He was Presbyterian but held very “catholic” ideals. Godly man, for sure.

In my family, both my parents were Catholic. However, they were vastly different in their faith. My father was the devout Catholic, my mother not so much. My father made sure we went to Sunday Mass and on Holy Days, if possible. My father made sure that we went to catechism class every Sunday before Mass. I don’t think I remember a single time when my mother went to Mass with us. She was too busy cooking and planning for the holiday. Very sad.

I, too, experienced the transmogrification of my parish church and many, many other Catholic churches in the area. It was worse in south Florida. Many, many homosexual “priests” down there. Kinda sickening. So, I found a little Catholic Church not far from where I lived. Since it had the Latin Mass and the Traditional Sacraments, I decided to go to Mass there. I did so for over 10 years. I left because they had their own set of rules that went against my moral compass and the Traditional Catholic Faith. They had some wacky ideas such as women wearing pants, TV watching, and even child raising. After awhile, I couldn’t take it anymore and after some blistering Parish events, I knew this was it for me. At the time, I remember asking myself, “Well, where do I go now?” Thankfully, I found a very young, straight, traditionalist priest who helped me find home again.

I don’t believe that many of the non-Catholic churches/parishes will last long either. The Catholic Church has been negatively affected by the many accusations of sexual deviancies and the large sums having been paid to the victims or parents of victims. I believe that this is the cause for priests/congregations begging for $$ for this project and that project.

I am lucky to have 3 parishes in the area who generally try to keep the long-standing “Traditional Catholic teachings.”

So, Pappa, I do understand where you’re coming from. It has been a very long search for me.