Carter to announce killing of ISIS second-in-command!

Carter to announce killing of ISIS second-in-command | Fox News

Press conference in 5 minutes by Ash Carter.

Good work by U.S Special Forces! How many lives have been saved by this one action of killing #2 of this terrorist group? Time for Europe, Canada and the rest of the world to do their part. I am sick and tired of seeing innocent people everywhere being attacked by these cowards. Let’s hope this is one campaign of many over the next few weeks.

Sadly, my first thought was: Did the CIC give the military the go-ahead on one high profile mission just to give political credibility to our “fight” against ISIS?

I understand that reaction, but you have to fight such thoughts. These operations transcend politics and leaders.

My first thought was, nice accurate, and reliable intelligence by the U.S military. Hell of a good job by Special Forces to conduct the attack (as it is suspected it was a ground attack). Of course, the thought of the innocents killed in Belgium and this being some measure of justice for the time being.

The more they attack innocent citizens around the world, the stronger the resolve of military and the citizens in staring them down.

Given the actions of Obama, we neither have to nor particularly should fight such skeptical thoughts; it has nothing to do with what the private citizens and even military think about ISIS.

As far as I am concerned, Shocked Canadian, this was collateral damage from a do nothing policy. Obama doesn’t want his little buddies killed but to save face on the international community, he will accept a bump in the radar every so often, so long as it doesn’t become habit…

Remember obama is saving the planet by not bombing because of global warming. The people killed are inconsequential.

[quote=“old_dog, post:2, topic:48509”]
Sadly, my first thought was: Did the CIC give the military the go-ahead on one high profile mission just to give political credibility to our “fight” against ISIS?
[/quote]I hate to say it but I think you’re right. I think that they are playing patticake with them and have to show some resolve when a tragedy occurs.