CBS News seems to have fallen out of love with Obama

Among my home pages are Fox News and CBS News. Since the AP scandal broke, I’ve noticed that CBS has been taking swings at Obama much more frequently. Here’s today’s

State Department memo reveals possible cover-ups, halted investigations - CBS News

(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered documents that show the State Department may have covered up allegations of illegal and inappropriate behavior within their ranks.

If you take a look at the Fox site, you’ll notice this is CBS leading an Obama Administration scandal, not reacting to a story broken by a more conservative source. The change in attitude is interesting.

After reading the headline and your remarks, Metfan, I was JUST about to concede to Jazzman that perhaps I was off the mark about reporters being intimidated into fear of reporting - to the point where our “Free Press” is gone, when I came across the last line or so:

Fedenisn, a DSS agent for 26 years, was a part of the team that prepared the draft report and is now a whistleblower who has taken her concerns to Congress.

Two hours after CBS News made inquiries to the State Department about these charges, investigators from the State Department’s Inspector General showed up at her door.

Still believe the whistleblowers aren’t being intimidated? (And I believe every conspiracy theory that comes down the pike like I believe in apple-blossomed potatoes, but when EVERY whistleblower has been accused of “Acts of Espionage”, a pattern starts to develop.)

Aside from that, also from the article: (emphasis, mine)

CBS News’ John Miller reports that according to an internal State Department Inspector General’s memo, several recent investigations were influenced, manipulated, or simply called off. The memo obtained by CBS News cited eight specific examples. Among them: allegations that a State Department security official in Beirut “engaged in sexual assaults” on foreign nationals hired as embassy guards and the charge and that members of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s security detail “engaged prostitutes while on official trips in foreign countries” – a problem the report says was “endemic.”

Maybe THAT answers why Ambassador Stevens was in Benghazi instead of Beirut, where the actual embassy is.

And further on:

In such cases, DSS agents told the Inspector General’s investigators that senior State Department officials told them to back off, a charge that Fedenisn says is “very” upsetting.

Ah, you didn’t KNOW the height of Hilary’s vindictiveness and shrewdness, didja?

And as you read on through the article, it doesn’t name names, but it appears that Steven’s whole crew were an embarrassment, and PERHAPS that’s why they didn’t get the back-up they were wanting and needing.

Mind you, I’m simply speculating. It certainly isn’t to defend any wrong-doing by the State Department, whose very job it is to see to these people’s defense.
It could also be that leaks of drug running and whore mongering are being put out there to excuse the State Dept’s dereliction of duty.

Who knows?

And, in the infamous word of Hilary, herself, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE, NOW? Either way, the State Dept., namely, Hilary Clinton, screwed up…ROYALLY.

(And I hope this kind lady, Fededisn, is prepared to be labeled for espionage, and John Miller is prepared for a very thorough audit from the IRS.)