Chef removes foie gras from Valentine's Day menu after getting death threats from veg

[FONT=times new roman]The chef at Kings Arms at Fleggburghopted out of serving the decadent dish during Valentine’s Day dinner this weekend after being subjected to “harassment” by activists who threatened to protest the menu, the *Guardian *reports. Foie gras is traditionally made by force feeding geese until their liver becomes enlarged.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman]Mark Dixon, an award winning chef, posted the Valentine’s Day menu on Facebook in January. For 50 pounds per person, diners could indulge in a specialty tasting menu that included vodka cured salmon and grilled halibut. Also on the menu, foie gras and chicken liver parfait which drew the ire of activists. Soon after the menu was posted, the restaurant was reportedly bombarded with phone calls, threats, and fake reservations.[/FONT]

Read more: Blog: Chef removes foie gras from Valentine’s Day menu after getting death threats from vegans

Honestly this is ridiculous to think someone would threaten people because they hate meat.

Were I the chef, I’d have told them to shove off. I’d hire guards before I changed my menu. Foie gras is simply delicious. I have made it with ripe persimmons in a glaze. Awesome.
they are animals. They are here for our food enjoyment. Don’t like it? Tough Turkey, turkey.

Here is PC and activism run amok and the chef needs to report this to the FBI as a terrorist threat and stand his ground.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:2, topic:48271”]
Were I the chef, I’d have told them to shove off. I’d hire guards before I changed my menu. Foie gras is simply delicious. I have made it with ripe persimmons in a glaze. Awesome.
they are animals. They are here for our food enjoyment. Don’t like it? Tough Turkey,** turkey**.
[/quote]:banana:

I don’t think it was in the U.S. The price for the meal in question was in pounds.

Ahh, the animal people again. Boy that sounds familiar.