China school knife attack leaves 23 injured

China school knife attack leaves 23 injured - CBS News

All boxes should be banned. If there were no boxes there would be no box cutters and then this and 9/11 would have never happened…

We need to take it farther, hands can be used to strangle, so therefore, we need hand control!

Fishing line can be an effective garote … ban fishing line, and for that matter, all string, twine, cord, rope and extension cords.

No how many inanimate objects get regulated or banned, the killer is the one wielding the weapon. And some one evil enough to want to commit murder will find a suitable weapon for their intent.

They can have my DuPont Stren when they can pry it from my cold dead fingers! Or when they can unknot it from my Zebco 202…

Yeah, in China, 23 injured and none dead. In Connecticut, 1 injured and 28 dead. But don’t let that trouble you. I’m sure if the Chinese attacker had had a high-powered assault rifle, he would still have injured 23 while killing none. Somehow. The point is the weapon did not make the difference.

Interesting that the subject is China, where THE COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT MURDERED SIXTY MILLION UNARMED CITIZENS, and still murders them from time to time, especially in Tibet.

20 dead children 26 killed total then how about the MILLIONS of men women and children killed and BEING killed today by dictators across the world by LEFT WING GOVERNMENTS intent on CONTROL…

Fatalities of April 19, 76 killed to INCLUDE 27 children (under the age of 21) This heinous act was done by an extreme left wing government

Katherine Andrade, 24, American
Chanel Andrade, 1, American
Jennifer Andrade, 19, American
George Bennett, 35, British
Susan Benta, 31, British
Mary Jean Borst, 49, American
Pablo Cohen, 38, Israeli
Abedowalo Davies, 30, British
Shari Doyle, 18, American
Beverly Elliot, 30, British
Yvette Fagan, 32, British
Doris Fagan, 51, British
Lisa Marie Farris, 24, American
Raymond Friesen, 76, Canadian
Sandra Hardial, 27, British
Zilla Henry, 55, British
Vanessa Henry, 19, British
Phillip Henry, 22, British
Paulina Henry, 24, British
Stephen Henry, 26, British
Diana Henry, 28, British
Novellette Hipsman, 36, Canadian
Floyd Houtman, 61, American
Sherri Jewell, 43, American
David M. Jones, 38, American
David Koresh, 33, American
Rachel Koresh, 24, American
Cyrus Koresh, 8, American
Star Koresh, 6, American
Bobbie Lane Koresh, 2, America
n
Jeffery Little, 32, American
Nicole Gent Little, 24, Australian, pregnant
Dayland Gent, 3, American
Page Gent, 1, American

Livingston Malcolm, 26, British
Diane Martin, 41, British
Wayne Martin, Sr., 42, American
Lisa Martin, 13, American
Sheila Martin, Jr., 15, American
Anita Martin, 18, American
Wayne Martin, Jr., 20, American

Julliete Martinez, 30, American
Crystal Martinez, 3, American
Isaiah Martinez, 4, American
Joseph Martinez, 8, American
Abigail Martinez, 11, American
Audrey Martinez, 13, American

John-Mark McBean, 27, British
Bernadette Monbelly, 31, British
Rosemary Morrison, 29, British
Melissa Morrison, 6, British
Sonia Murray, 29, American
Theresa Nobrega, 48, British
James Riddle, 32, America
Rebecca Saipaia, 24, Filipino
Steve Schneider, 43, American
Judy Schneider, 41, American
Mayanah Schneider, 2, American
Clifford Sellors, 33, British
Scott Kojiro Sonobe, 35, American
Floracita Sonobe, 34, Filipino
Gregory Summers, 28, American
Aisha Gyrfas Summers, 17, Australian, pregnant
Startle Summers, 1, American

Lorraine Sylvia, 40, American
Rachel Sylvia, 12, American
Hollywood Sylvia, 1, American
Michelle Jones Thibodeau, 18, American
Serenity Jones, 4, American
Chica Jones, 2, American
Little One Jones, 2, American

Neal Vaega, 38, New Zealander
Margarida Vaega, 47, New Zealander
Mark H. Wendell, 40, American

And all that happened despite the fact that gun ownership was legal in China until the 1960s.

And how many weapons were employed in defense of the children and staff?

EDIT: I mean at Sandy Hook, not the Chinese incident.

Mass shootings come out of nowhere and can be over in seconds. Having a gun doesn’t make you safe. Even if you happen to be in the room when the maniac opens fire, chances are he’ll have the opportunity to kill you and several other people before you even realize what’s happening.

[quote=“Caudipteryx, post:11, topic:37513”]
Mass shootings come out of nowhere and can be over in seconds. Having a gun doesn’t make you safe. Even if you happen to be in the room when the maniac opens fire, chances are he’ll have the opportunity to kill you and several other people before you even realize what’s happening.
[/quote]Defeatism at its best. Why carry a gun? Why defend yourself? Hey just let them kill you. I bet if someone was attacking you , you would wish you had a gun. Your liberal nonsense defies common sense.

Even if all the kindergarteners in the room happened to be carrying assault rifles in their backpacks, how many of them do you think would have to die before the first, firing half-blind amidst a crowd of running, screaming people, managed to hit him?

Defeatism is when we are told every time this happens that massacres of American children are just something we have to accept because 2nd Amendment.

Evidence? And if so, how widespread was gun ownership in that dirt-poor country?

In absolute terms, no. But if one has ability, knowledge and will to use a gun, it makes one safer than not as a general rule.

Over the years we have been robbed a total of 6 times. On 2 occasions the perp found himself staring down the barrel of a Colt 45 and on one occasion the barrel of a 12 ga shotgun. The other times I was not home.

Having that gun brought to an IMMEDIATE HALT attackers intent on doing something inside my property (in all likelihood just theft), but theft has a tendency to escalate rather quickly. Albeit none were armed, I was. Had they had weapons of any kind I would have ended their careers as criminals…I DO NOT dial 911, instead I have the perp dial 911. Those are always comical conservations as the perp has to repeatedly tell the operator HE is the robber.

Then when I see the police car pull up in front of the house I tell the perp to go meet them…quite comical to see a guy running as fast as he can, arms outstretched for cuffs yelling this crazy Vietnam veteran is gonna kill me if you do not take me in now.

Its no doubt a learning experience for them as we talk about their life of crime and how they should use better judgement in picking a home to rob rather then mine or others like me. I told them if the cops are not here to save your worthless azz in 15 min I will shoot you and call and just tell them to send an ambulance no lights or siren needed…

The other side of the coin is not comical in any way, rapes, murder, kidnapping, loss of property, life long trauma for young children, a loved one that can no longer sleep alone in the home, stress on the family, the marriage, thousands in home repairs from damage, loss of family heirlooms that cannot be replaced, but were only thrown in some dumpster somewhere.

But I see we got some Libs on here that favor that over defending your home and family. This is the kind of thinking that leads to mass murders, school zones are gun free zones or what we in Vietnam called FREE FIRE zones, if the brave principal had been armed maybe she would have been alive along with a whole lot of others…So for you LIBS tell me where YOUR GOVT WAS, where was bammy boy, the FBI, ATF, CIA, State, county, city police??? Govt exercising ultimate control over you by wanting to take away you RIGHT to defend you, your family and your property as if that will stop these attacks.

The military has to defend the shores of this United States, its UP TO YOU to defend your own property and family against enemies. In you cannot or won’t do it, then skip 911 and try this: 1 800 PRAYER

Here is a catchy little tune for you:

I got those YELLOW STAIN blues

those old yellow stain blues

from my belt to my shoes

For the rest of you, I called a MAJOR gun dealer in Texas yesterday, they are all but sold out of guns, shipment is coming in today along with a load of ammo, I am heading down to pick up a case of 7.62 NATO (for my HOG rifle) and another case of 5.56 NATO and maybe a gun or two…

Yeah, just like how on another thread, you divulged how you led a “highly classified” research team that developed software 90% of us use in our daily lives. I have no doubt the story you tell here is just as truthful as that one.

This isn’t a case where someone was being mugged and could have used a weapon to defend himself. Even if the principal had a gun in her office, her first indication that there was anything wrong was when she heard the shooting. By the time she got there, many were already dead. If she had stopped to retrieve a rifle from the safe in her closet, even more would have been dead before she arrived. It would not have prevented this from happening. It might have reduced the death toll, or it might not. But there would still have been dead children, whereas when the Chinese maniac went on a rampage, there were no dead children. That’s the difference between a knife and an AR-15, which you know and don’t need to be told, if even half your stories are true.

Lying or just stupid, which is it???

1. In my nearly 30 year career I NEVER WORKED in a “black” (classified) IT environment, NEVER said such a thing, EVER.

2. YES team did develop software that most likely 90% of everyone here has interfaced with.

3. Since you did NOT have the common courtesy to even ask what software that was…you pathetic liberal…some words to live by:

‘Life’s tough…it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.’’ – John Wayne"

You’re right, you didn’t say “highly classified.” My apologies. I must have been thinking of someone else.

I don’t see how your personal story relates here, though. Even if the principal had been armed, many of the children would still have died.

OK, point being robberies are not rare and had I not had a gun who knows what may have happened, the gun protected my property, family and myself.

I have carried a gun all my life and had access to them since I got my first one at age 5, they are merely a tool to accomplish with. We can outlaw guns but only outlaws will have guns, you cannot depend up any govt to protect you, in fact this has gone to court and the govt is not there to protect you…simply not enough to have one stationed outside your front door.

At some point in time you must take PERSONAL responsibility for you and your family, if not then you become just another victim…

Who’s talking about outlawing guns? I’m not against all gun ownership. I even think schools should be able to have a gun or two locked away in case something like this happens. But my point is, it wouldn’t have prevented it. Even if the faculty had guns, they could not possibly have reacted fast enough to prevent anyone from dying. The same is true when a crazed gunman opens fire in the parking lot of a mall, or a theater, or anywhere else. Sure, some armed citizen may eventually put him down, but not before he has ample opportunity to kill many others. So if assault rifles and other dangerous guns are legal, we are essentially asked to accept the gurantee that innocents will die, for the possibility that the killer may be stopped afterward.