China slams US after B-52 bomber flies over contested South China Sea reef

China slams US after B-52 bomber flies over contested South China Sea reef | Fox News

And while China is slant-drilling offshore in the Gulf of Mexico (I think that’s where it is), and stealing the oil under our territorial waters.

If an American company tried to do the same thing Obama would destroy them.

sooooo what’s your point? do we stop and allow the Chinese to do their will or do we stop them from drilling in international waters? and stop flying over the South China sea area which is also international?? what is the answer?
Knowing the effete, ineffectual, jackass of a ‘leader’ this nation has, what other option is there?

You contact China and let them know you will fly closer next time. Make them aware that it is International water and encourage other nations to do the same. The expansion into International waters is an existential threat to everyone.

I see.--------------- And you think Obama can or will do this?

I know he can, what will happen is anyones guess. I know that there should be some serious heat brought through the UN, as there was when the Russians moved nukes into Cuba many moons ago. The point is to nip this in the bud through diplomatic means before it becomes a much larger and more difficult issue to deal with.

where are you going to find a reputable US diplomat?

Up to you to vote in a reputable Republican.

BS, SC! The UN sat on its collective hands and did little or NOTHING about it. It was a President who convinced the USSR that we’d go to WAR to prevent them from targeting US cities with nuclear-armed, intermediate-ranged missiles that stopped that nonsense. The UN is the worst sort of “paper tiger”…talking big, but impotent–not to mention nearly united in its opposition to the best interests of the United States. Like MOST Democrat ideas, it’s a total failure–except in its successes in sucking up Americans’ tax dollars.

Except that the UN brings legitimacy to any action. I’m not a fan of many of the members of the UN but it provides an International environment in which to call out abuses and global issues. Furthermore, the rest of the world will feel the pressure to do their part to reign in problems.

Almost any action the UN brings “legitmacy” to is at best worthless, and at worst, a slap at the US.

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:11, topic:47987”]
Except that** the UN brings legitimacy to any action**. I’m not a fan of many of the members of the UN but it provides an International environment in which to call out abuses and global issues. Furthermore, the rest of the world will feel the pressure to do their part to reign in problems.
[/quote]:coffee_spray:The UN is a tax sucking entity that does nothing but create problems and is guilty of crimes against nations it “helps”.

It has basically turned Muslim and therefore useless to free nations.

Legitimacy? Do they brainwash you in Canadian schools, too? Nonsense on a shingle! The UN sends troops as “peacekeepers” into various African countries and those troops RAPE and pillage.

Sorry, but I’m with the others about the UN’s “legitimacy.” The only legitimacy they have is self-proclaimed. They have no credibility in their dealings.

Regardless of the opinion of the UN, it is the only place the world can go to and openly challenge each member state.

Rolling up the culprits | The Economist

Unicef Says Fraud Cost $10 Million - NYTimes.com

Charity Navigator Rating - United States Fund for UNICEF

I have to wonder what the practical value of such a venue is.

Which “challenge” each member state is free to simply IGNORE–and mostly do–so what good is it?