Christian Group Booted From Michigan University

InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, one of the nation’s oldest and most respected campus-based Christian ministries, said in early February that the University of Michigan has booted its Asian InterVarsity chapter off campus after the student outreach refused to drop its biblically based requirements for leadership.
As is happening at an increasing number of universities across America, the University of Michigan has instituted a non-discrimination policy that often requires Christian groups to compromise on such issues as the sinfulness of homosexuality, same-sex relationships, and even the fundamentals of Christian faith.
According to Fox News, last December leaders of the Asian group, one of 10 InterVarsity groups on the Michigan campus, “were summoned before university officials who told them there was an issue with the section of the club constitution related to leadership. In order for students to be InterVarsity leaders they must sign a statement of faith. But the university said that requirement violated their non-discrimination policy.”
Sara Chang, one of the group’s leaders, said that instead of revising the group’s constitution to fall in line with the university’s non-discrimination requirements, the club decided to stand firm in their Christian convictions. “For us, there’s no other option than to hold to the tenets of our faith,” Chang told Fox News. “We want to model a lifestyle of integrity. Holding the Bible as the inspired, divine word of God and seeing the commands for us to choose leaders who have a vibrant faith in Jesus — is obviously something very important that we want to continue to uphold.”
The decision by the Christian leaders to stand by their faith prompted university officials to take away the Christian group’s official recognition, forcing the group to relocate off campus.

READ MORE: Christian Group Booted From Michigan University

Makes one wonder what the requirements are for their very large Muslim group? Hmmm?

MSA Home | University of Michigan Muslim Students’ Association

And it’s in Michigan. The plot thickens. Dearborn is in that state.

That will never be reported on!

The university then reportedly offered a compromise that would allow Asian InterVarsity to continue operating as a university-recognized group with its current leadership policy. The catch would be that the school would bear no responsibility if someone later files a discrimination grievance against the group.

Asian InterVarsity declined to accept the compromise, The Michigan Daily reports. Its members did not want any special exemption

By Monday afternoon, though, an Asian InterVarsity representative had received an email confirming the group’s registration as an officially recognized campus group.

Ultimately, then, Asian InterVarsity made no changes to its constitution. Leaders must still sign a statement professing their Christian faith. The group is apparently still in violation of the University of Michigan’s official nondiscrimination policy. The difference is that it wasn’t recognized as a campus group and now it is — maybe.

University of Michigan apparently reinstates Christian group it tolerantly ejected | The Daily Caller

I participated in InterVarsity Christian Fellowship quite a bit when I was a student at Penn State, many years ago - to you youngsters, back in the Dark Ages . . .

Just more proof of the intolerance of the lefties… and the reality of marxist influence in schools–all schools.

Yep classical, the intolerance of tolerance .
No wonder why we have shootings like columbine and others.
Moral relativity is the norm and what’s one man’s wrong is another man’s right

Gotta wonder when they will deem rape as ok?

I wonder if the Muslim groups have to be more tolerant?

Moby: My eyesight is terrible. What am I looking at in this picture? It looks like a big, grey blurr to me. :geek:

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:10, topic:38155”]
Moby: My eyesight is terrible. What am I looking at in this picture? It looks like a big, grey blurr to me. :geek:
[/quote] Burned Christians.

Except that it isn’t.
Fake Nigerian Christians Burnt Alive Photo Resurfaces on Facebook | loonwatch.com

[quote=“Cam, post:12, topic:38155”]
Except that it isn’t. Fake Nigerian Christians Burnt Alive Photo Resurfaces on Facebook | loonwatch.com
[/quote] I did not know that partner. Thank you, I stand corrected.Dag gone internet hoax’s.

[quote=“Moby, post:13, topic:38155”]
I did not know that partner. Thank you, I stand corrected.Dag gone internet hoax’s.
[/quote]While certainly not unheard of here on RO, it still is refreshing to see someone belly up to the bar and admit an error. My compliments.