ChristianMingle Opens Doors to Gay Singles Under Settlement

The owner of online dating site ChristianMingle.com has agreed to let gay and lesbian users search for same-sex matches under a judge-approved settlement of discrimination claims.
Two gay men filed class-actions claims against Spark Networks Inc. in California courts in 2013 alleging that ChristianMingle.com and several other sites in the company’s portfolio of niche dating services excluded users looking to meet singles of the same sex.
ChristianMingle, billed as the largest online community for Christian singles, required new users to specify whether they’re a man seeking a woman or a woman seeking a man. The lead plaintiffs, two gay men who tried using it, claimed that the limited options violated California’s anti-discrimination law.

ChristianMingle Opens Doors to Gay Singles Under Settlement - Law Blog - WSJ

These rulings have one thing in common and that is to destroy all structure and exclusivity of organizations. These will be repeated in business, religion, and any venue that used to enjoy having a goal or sense of belonging. Now it appears a man can join the girl scouts or make a church include others who do not share their faith. All in the name of antidiscrimination.

Well, they can’t be considered “Christian” anymore.

Let us not forget that one of the most fundamental rights of mankind is to discriminate in the countless choices one makes each and every day.

Discrimination is not a dirty word. It is an inalienable right connected to the freedom of association.

That Judge needs to be punished . . . no punishment to be left off the table.

JWK

80% of green energy money taxed away from hard working American Citizens WENT TO the Hillary Clinton / Obama Administration’s donors!

A ridiculous assault on the rights of American citizens.

Won’t anyone stand up and fight these idiots?

We/people are. We’re losing.

It’s getting less far-fetched to imagine a day when your date may not be selected based on creed, hair color, professional background, income, class, religion, race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, otherkin identification, etc. You will simply have to accept the date with whatever it is that wants one, particularly if you are white, male or both.

So I own and run a business that provides services and I saw an opportunity to provide those services to what I felt was an undeserved market, I did my homework and invested my money in: Ford Owners Dating Service.

My lawyer called the yesterday and told me Chev is suing me because I am discriminating against Chevy owners.

Since when does the govt or anyone have the RIGHT to tell me who and when I sell my goods and services to?

How long before we are forced to list all of our customers and note how many are minorities and if you do not meet the Gay quota we will be forced out of business!

Interesting in that I just got off the phone with my wife discussing our business and why we have not expanded operations, after 6 successful years, increased sales and profits…will show her this and she will understand.

This is a true story. I think I shared it sometime ago here on RO. A girlfriend of mine had a father who owned a business. I don’t remember what kind of business, but he employed about 300-500 people. It was some kind of a manufacturing business that had a factory. One day, some EEOC people came to his business and wanted to see his list of employees. He provided the list. Then, one of the EEOC guys asked him if he had met the quota of blacks and hispanics required by the Federal Government. The man just looked at the EEOC and asked what was the required quota. The EEOC guy told him. The man thought a few moments, then called his plant manager over. When the plant manager came over, the owner said, "I want you to fire ________ (I can’r remember the exact number) employees who are black and Hispanic. The plant manager was totally confused and asked why. The owner said, “We’re over the Federal Government’s quota for minorities. We have to conform to the quota, so fire those people. We have too many.” Needless to say, the EEOC guys were speechless and left without incident. Oh, and the owner didn’t fire those minorities. The point was made.