Clash over hunger strike at guantanamo bay

MIAMI (AP) – Guards clashed Saturday with prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay prison as the military sought to move hunger strikers out of a communal section of the detention center on the U.S. base in Cuba, officials said.

The confrontation occurred after the commander decided to move prisoners into single, solid-walled cells so that prison authorities could monitor them more closely during the hunger strike, the military said.

News from The Associated Press

Who is all for letting them go without food?

Why not?

Maybe it will be like the Jesse Jackson hunger strikes, in eight hour shifts.

They fought with brooms right? What, are they being trained for janitorial jobs after they are released. :rofl:

They lose…

Honestly, this is what happens when confined people don’t have any hope.

Slaves in the 19th century revolted in America. Prisoners are much less likely to revolt when they have appeal systems in place and courts.

These people at Gitmo have neither appeals nor courts nor charges of any kind. It was inevitable that they would revolt. What exactly do they have to lose?

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:6, topic:39068”]
Honestly, this is what happens when confined people don’t have any hope.

Slaves in the 19th century revolted in America. Prisoners are much less likely to revolt when they have appeal systems in place and courts.

These people at Gitmo have neither appeals nor courts nor charges of any kind. It was inevitable that they would revolt. What exactly do they have to lose?
[/quote]These people have had lawyers for awhile. This obvious attempt to play games is just that. You are trying to make them victims rather than those who would kill you if they could.

Gitmo Defense Lawyers Say Somebody Has Been Accessing Their Emails - ProPublica

From the link you provided:

The long-troubled military trials at Guantanamo Bay were hit by revelations earlier this year that a secret censor had the ability to cut off courtroom proceedings, and that there were listening devices disguised as smoke detectors in attorney-client meeting rooms.

Now, another potential instance of compromised confidentiality at the military commissions has emerged: Defense attorneys say somebody has accessed their email and servers.

I think you know the “trials” at Gitmo are a joke. And they are still being held without charge, i.e. the burden of proof is on the defendant to prove they are innocent.

They are not American Citizens and they are not protected by the Constitution. They are international terrorists, protected, loosely, by Geneva Convention which only says we can’t mistreat them. Their prison is paradise compared to our own. They have not been in the news for awhile so they decided to make some noise and get the spotlight back. The problem for them is the media would rather see this story go away because it is a reminder that Obama is an opportunist liar who only said he’d shut down guantanmo because he wanted votes. The far left, the only ones who even care about these enemies of state, are being reminded their messiah is a BUSH when it comes to terrorism. And rightly so, in my opinion. There is no reason to send them back out, especially with what just happened in Boston. Each one of these guys is a terrorist strike waiting to happen and they would just as soon slice YOUR throat as thank you for defending them from the right-wing radicals of 'MERICA.

They have email capability? That’s just wrong!

The defense lawyers have E-mails. :stuck_out_tongue:

If they’re radicals then why is it so hard to prove that and let them try to defend themselves? I’m all for military trials for them rather than public. But many of them aren’t given any sort of trial. Plus, applying the Geneva codes is, at best, tricky. The War on Terror isn’t a real war. Or maybe the war on drugs should invest in military trials as well.

[quote=“Susanna, post:10, topic:39068”]
They have email capability? That’s just wrong!
[/quote]Looks to me these supposed mistreated prisoners have it good. They can contact terrorists on the outside, special treatment, special meals. Only the left would think they are victims.

Well let’s use the Fort Hood guy as an example. Now here is an American citizen, who knows the legal parameters, and is able to disrupt proceedings by simply refusing to shave. They use court rooms as a forum for their vented frustrations and remember, in our system of judicial proceedings, we aire towards support of the victim. Quite frankly, they’ll get some scum lawyer, get off, and we’ll see these guys again killing us somewhere, like we have in the past. These are not CRIMINALS in the true sense of the word. They are enemy combatants that we captured for information. If I had it my way I’d put a bullet in each of their heads and call it a day.

That’s a civil proceeding meant to take as long as possible. A military trial is different. The people at Gitmo don’t even get proper military trials.

Then maybe they shouldn’t have gone to war with America.

Quote from Trekky:
“That’s a civil proceeding meant to take as long as possible. A military trial is different. The people at Gitmo don’t even get proper military trials.”

Trekky, after fighting everything the Left could throw at them all the way to the Supreme Court, the Bush administration had Military Trials underway when Obama took office and cancelled all military trials at Gitmo.

Your Supreme Leader, Obama, has not called the Boston Marathon bombing a terrorist act. He said we will find out who did this and whythey did it. I guess he’ll change what caused them to do it so they won’t do it again. His minions said it’s an act of terror, not himself. Like a good Stalinist he covers his ass.

A question for you Leftist;
If we can declare war against poverty,
If we can declare war against bigotry,
If we can declare war against racism,
If we can declare war against illiteracy,
(Democrats have declared war against everything I’ve listed during my adult lifetime)
Why is it we can’t declare war against terrorism, as Obama and his Left Wing Lemmins say?

Trekky, I put you on ignore so I would not get banned again for responding to your idiotic posts, but just seeing your posts quoted by others really tests my patience.

Offer them all the bacon they can eat.

I don’t really care what Obama or Bush does. The Gitmo actions are wrong, no matter who does it. I’m well aware of Obama’s hypocrisy.

Why?

never mind, you’re going back on ignore, you’re not worth getting censered or banned for. You don’t even make good sense.