Clinton: I'm responsible for diplomats' security

Clinton: I’m responsible for diplomats’ security
From Elise Labott, CNN
updated 5:29 AM EDT, Tue October 16, 2012

Lima, Peru (CNN) – Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday tried to douse a political firestorm over the deadly assault on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya, saying she’s responsible for the security of American diplomatic outposts.

“I take responsibility,” Clinton said during a visit to Peru. “I’m in charge of the State Department’s 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The president and the vice president wouldn’t be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They’re the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision.”

Is it me? Or is there something odd in SecState Clinton’s comment? CNN’s headline quotes the “money” quote, “I take responsibility.” She reinforces this first sentence in her third: “The president and the vice president wouldn’t be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals.” Well and good, but then there’s her fourth sentence (as CNN quoted her): “They’re the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision.” Did she contradict and negate her first three sentence with this fourth sentence? Or, since this was probably a carefully crafted statement, was she indirectly saying that the individual decisions, for which she said she is responsible, were made in accordance with policies and directives from the White House. If my reading between the lines is correct, it has the ring of truth. A POTUS is unlikely to see individual requests from a specific embassy; that’s the job of the SecState and various Under and Assistant SecsState. But the criteria for the decisions those officials and bureaucrats make would come from the President through White House staff. So this seeming “admission” may be a finesse move to take SecState Clinton between the Scylla of full hyper-vehiculation and the Charybdis of patently ludicrous hand-washing denial. It may also be a gambit to draw Pres. Obama into making his next move, revealing his strategy. Or maybe she’s saying, “I’m tired and want to go home.”

To be honest Col. North jumped on his sword to save Reagan by taking the blame for Iran Contra. I say let Hilary take this blame; fire her for dereliction of duty, and bring her up on charges for wrongful death by withholding and giving false information (claiming it was a video no one ever heard of until they put it forth) that caused 4 deaths. If I was the families of these 4 men I would bring suit against Hilary for their deaths.

Yeah, let’s see what Bill has to say about that… I suspect this will never happen anyways. Liberals have no honor, and they would never feel the need for self sacrifice on this level. And that is just assuming someone would actually support Obamama, and we all know that the Clintons do not.

The article won’t come up. (Maybe I need be more patient.)

That aside, when I first heard Hilary state this, my immediate thought was, “Why is she falling on her sword for Obama?” "What did he promise her in return?"
Ain’t NO Clinton takes full responsibility for anything. That is, unless it’s good, (and most likely not their doing), or they have something to gain by it.

But I hadn’t yet heard this line from your post, Pete:

“I’m in charge of the State Department’s 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts.”

Drama queen, much?

Plus, there’s been plenty of news sources out there stating that Obama KNEW the Libya embassy had been screaming for extra protection for weeks.
Or didn’t he? How he could not know, boggles the mind.

Then, yesterday, a caller into Rush who really sounded like he knew what he was talking about stated for a fact that there was no way the Libya embassy didn’t have a “panic button,” directly linked to those who come to their aid when the shtf. But no one responed for SIX HOURS while they were under direct attack.

There is a LOT more to this story that’s getting covered up and buried - at LEAST until after Nov. 6.

I’d say Clinton is compliant with it while doing her ever best to retire from SecState position with as much dignity and ability as possible to go into a different or higher position.
Frankly, I was stunned by her SecState position. I thought she’d immediately get 'Embassador to the U.N."

But you are right, Pete. She’s talking out both sides of her mouth, making sure to cover her backside as she watches the preverbial ship sink.

[And what is it about Democrats who let their appearance go when they get into ‘worldly positions’? It’s as if they purposely set out to make themselves look as haggard and tired out as possible. It’s as if they think it somehow makes them appear more important.]

I wish I could be as succinct as you. A deal was definately made.

[quote=“2cent, post:5, topic:36601”]
I wish I could be as succinct as you. A deal was definately made.
[/quote]Makes the wife mad when I cut out all the small talk.

I’m screwed.
:coffee_spray:

First of all she is not responsible, she is however 'Accountable".

The person who is is he Commander in Chief and he CANNOT subjugate his responsibility to anyone else…“the buck stops here”. Obammy has led a life of not taking responsibility and having someone else do his dirty work.

One MUST ask the question of WHY the Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice was on the talk show circuit rather than Billary and instead of the POTUS himself. This begs the question that in the event of a 9/11 attack just who would he send out to take the fall.

Prediction: There will be a nuclear detonation by an adversary of the US in my lifetime. In spite of the Liar in Chief babbling about “HIS Arab Spring” and how the bad guys have all but started BBQ eating pork ribs the ME is more dangerous that at anytime in my life, and as we draw down, making arsine statements like we are leaving on the west bound train at 8am next week…they are alive, healthy and well and growing in strength and numbers. Iran will have a nuke if Obammy has his say and the really bad guys will buy one from Hussein’s Nuke outlet and take action.

Lets pass a law LIKE I LIVE UNDER. As a retired military officer, what it says is that I am ONLY receiving reduced pay for reduced services and that I am subject to the UCMJ for as long as I live. Same for the POTUS, a screw up can come back to haunt him at any time in his life and he is subject to the law, he can go to jail tomorrow for what he did today.

Quite a few folk are pointing out that the POTUS is the one responsible - the buck stops in the Oval Office. It may be that this is exactly Hillary’s intent, to force Obama into a take responsibility or plead ignorance/negligence position. Then there’s the previous attacks in Benghazi, which Obama might have known about but for his habit of being AWOL from intel briefings.

I think you are giving him too much credit. Obama really believes he is the Messiah and without flaw. If he admits a mistake or incompetence he isn’t the god he believes himself to be.

She needs to be asked if taking responsibility means she is responsible for leaving the embassy without sufficient security even after repeated attacks on it over the months leading up to the current debacle, and the deaths of the personnel there, incuding the U. S. ambassador to Libya? Was she also responsible to the lies regarding “spontaneous demonstrations” that never took place - lies fed to the American people for the first 2.5 weeks; demonstrations that she and other administration mouthpieces blamed on an internet video?

You want to see a Kabuki dance? Lob those questions in her direction.

[quote=“Dacabeti, post:2, topic:36601”]
To be honest Col. North jumped on his sword to save Reagan by taking the blame for Iran Contra. I say let Hilary take this blame; fire her for dereliction of duty, and bring her up on charges for wrongful death by withholding and giving false information (claiming it was a video no one ever heard of until they put it forth) that caused 4 deaths. If I was the families of these 4 men I would bring suit against Hilary for their deaths.
[/quote]Yanno, she was/is an attorney. Seems like admitting her guilt, is an invitation to be sued. Cannot fathom the stupidity of her taking the blame. Must be a sizable check, or promise.