CNN Selectively Edits Fox News President Quote to Make It Look Racist

CNN Selectively Edits Fox News President Quote to Make It Look Racist
by John Nolte

7 Mar 2013, 7:53 AM PDT

Look at this madness: article after article after article hitting Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes for agreeing with President Obama on the issue of his work ethic, or lack thereof. Last night, though, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer took the attacks a step further by taking Ailes completely out of context. This allowed 9/11 Truther and cop killer-defender Van Jones to claim Ailes had made a “racial charge” against Obama:
[Embedded Video]
Van Jones being Van Jones is not news.

But for Wolf Blitzer to take Ailes completely out of context and stand idly by as Jones dishonestly smears Ailes for making a “racial charge” only serves to further explain why this network is swirling the drain. In the age of the Internet, the media can no longer get away with this kind of stuff. Once the truth gets out, the damage to your brand’s credibility is forever.

More national MSM tricks. They just can’t get through their heads that they don’t control information anymore.

Soledad O’Brien Caught Not Doing Homework In Roger Ailes Attack
by John Nolte

7 Mar 2013, 6:35 AM PDT

The. Greatest. Thing. In. The. World. just happened on CNN.

On her morning show, the outgoing Soledad O’Brien was all set to rip into Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes for describing President Obama as “lazy” in an upcoming biography. The quote in question was published yesterday in an exclusive excerpt given to Vanity Fair.

If past is prologue, there’s little doubt O’Brien intended to bring race into the discussion. But O’Brien obviously hadn’t done even the minimal amount of homework, you know, like reading the full Ailes quote.

O’Brien turned to her panel and said that was “not nice” Then, after an awkward pause, this happened:

[quote]The Blaze’s Will Cain: Everyone’s latching on to the fact that [Ailes] called the president lazy. … Roger Ailes did go on to say that ‘I’m only quoting from the president directly.’ He talked about an interview that President Obama gave to Barbara Walters where he said, ‘I grew up in Hawaii, which is pretty laid back’. Roger Ailes wasn’t coming up with that on his own. He made a point of mentioning that.

Soledad O’Brien: So “pretty laid back” to “lazy” is a little bit of a leap to me.

CNN’s John Berman: Barack Obama used the word “lazy.”

O’Brien: Interesting. I didn’t know that.

Cain: He did. Obama said he feels a laziness in himself that he attributes to his laid back upbringing in Hawaii.

O’Brien: Hmm. Interesting.
[/quote]
Corrected by a guest and caught flat-footed! Delicious!

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:2, topic:38579”]
Corrected by a guest and caught flat-footed! Delicious!
[/quote]She is one of the few that often escapes scrutiny because she tries (most often, successfully . . . TRIES, that is) to appear “Fair and Balanced”.

This is a good example that she really is just a plain vanilla Chris Matthews.

The GOP can’t seem to grasp this either, they still flee when nobody is chasing them.

How do you get this:

“Obama’s the one who never worked a day in his life. He never earned a penny that wasn’t public money. How many fund-raisers does he attend every week? How often does he play basketball and golf? I wish I had that kind of time. He’s lazy, but the media won’t report that.” He noticed my arched eyebrows and added, “I didn’t come up with that. Obama said that, to Barbara Walters.”

from this:

OBAMA: You know, it’s interesting. There is a deep down, underneath all the work I do, I think there’s a laziness in me. I mean, it’s, it’s probably from, you know, growing up in Hawaii, and it’s sunny outside and sitting on the beach.

I’m not defending CNN, but it’s just a outright lie to say that the statement the Fox News President said was from Obama originally. At best, Ailes defamed and slandered the president and claimed it was his own words. At worst it was mean and insulting, and he cowards behind his words by claiming they’re quoted, which they are not.

Ailes based his lazy comment on Obama’s slothful record as President, things his own staff has said and Obama’s admission of there being “laziness” in him.

All of which is absolutely true, Obama has not even submitted his first *Constitutionally required *budget to Congress yet and he is starting his 5th year as President.

Obama is a lazy slacker who has never had an actual job or met an actual mandatory level of performance in any job in his entire life.

So in other words, Ailes’s comment in the interview was false. He made the statement from observation. He was not repeating what Obama himself said, as he claimed.

If by “in other words” you mean “other words than the ones I used” then I guess that would make sense, if the words I actually used are what you are talking about then no, I said no such thing.

Observed fact;

"Obama’s the one who never worked a day in his life.

Observed fact;

He never earned a penny that wasn’t public money.

Observed behavior;

How many fund-raisers does he attend every week? How often does he play basketball and golf?

Logical conclusion;

He’s lazy, but the media won’t report that.

Backing up his choice of the word “lazy” by noting that even Obama sees his laziness;

“I didn’t come up with that. Obama said that, to Barbara Walters.”

Sounds like a pretty easy to follow dialogue, I see nothing that is not factual or reasonable in any of that quote.

But I am not an Extremist Lefty tasked with defending the indefensible.

Maybe someday the left will learn that the magic recordings and video tape they have from the past will work for anyone.

Yeah, and CNN reported his observations, so defending Ailes’s comments, as the article does, by saying Obama said them means nothing, because Obama did not say the stuff CNN was reporting. So what exactly is your point? CNN may have left out the final sentence, but it means nothing if the first four things, as you so graciously pointed out, are observations, and not quotes or statements made by the president.

You have no idea how context works, I should have remembered that.

“How do you get this:”

“He never earned a penny that wasn’t public money.” Public record: Obama’s resume’ is government jobs and working with advocacy groups that get both government $$ and contributions that come from the public (albeit voluntarily and without the 70%-80% bureaucratic overhead subtracted); it’s work, but not work that produces a product or service.

“How many fund-raisers does he attend every week?” All POTUS’s have done this to some degree, but I think Obama has gone well beyond average in this respect.

“How often does he play basketball and golf?” Again, the problem isn’t that he does these things, but how much. Activities like these and his fund-raising and his frequent vay-cays have him away from where he can best do the business of being POTUS, and occupying his mind and body so that, even with necessary communications at hand, he can’t be doing what he should as POTUS.

You can call it laziness, you can call it stealing from the taxpaying public (who pay him to be POTUS, a job where “on duty” is 24x7x52), or both. I think “lazy” at least a justifiable opinion, one that uses a word Obama applied to himself.

You ignored the “from this,” but that’s all right.