Comey's book

The Congress and the FBI’s IG apparently disagree with you.

In other words, it confirms what you already believed and wish to continue believing.

Did the IG find Comey to be “less than candid”, or was that just McCabe? Hard to keep a pit full of snakes straight in my head…

LOL, yes you are a fountain of impariallity…

OK, That’s one Slimeburger with extra Sleaze Sauce and a Pepsi. Would you like to Supersize it?

Comey Memo: Pressure From CNN Prompted Dossier Briefing

Former FBI Director James Comey wrote in a newly released memo that pressure from news outlets — “CNN in particular” — convinced him to brief then-President-Elect Donald Trump on the infamous Steele dossier during a meeting at Trump Tower on Jan. 6, 2017.

“I said media like CNN had [the dossier] and were looking for a news hook,” Comey wrote in a memo just after briefing Trump about the salacious allegations in the dossier.

“I said it was inflammatory stuff that they would get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports,” he added.

Four days after that meeting, CNN published a story revealing the existence of a salacious report alleging the Russian government had compromised Trump.

Then the turds use media reports of the dossier as additional “evidence” to the FISA court. That’s showing real “professorial intimacy with Protestant thought”.

The man is a self-serving, arrogant, elitist pig. QED

Oh, ABSOLUTELY! I’m Spock hisself, dontchaknow? :laughing:

I made no such claim, Brown. I’m definitely more pro than anti Trump, even though I dislike him. I, however, am willing to be convinced if sufficient untainted* evidence is found. No matter if the investigation never turns up a shred of evidence against Donald Trump, I’m pretty sure Jay will remain convinced of his complete perfidy. Comey has proven to be, at best, a self serving, egotistical hypocrite.

*The entire Mueller investigation is tainted by rabid anti Trump partisanship. It’s going to be a tough sell to convince me that any ‘evidence’ was not manufactured. I mean the investigators would have to have a video record of the ENTIRE investigation kept by an impartial third party before any evidence acquired in this hyper-partisan witch hunt will rise above suspicion.

I won’t speak to your motivations out of respect, I’ll just say that I doubt many Trump supporters could be convinced that any evidence against Trump is “untainted”.

Would a man like Comey commit some sins of omission and the like? Sure.

Would he completely fabricate a meeting with the President of the United States and engage in bald-faced lying about what the President said during this meeting?

No way. It’s just not believable. That’s not who Comey is.

Would Trump lie like that? Of course he would. Of course he has. What kind of person actually looks at this situation and believes a toad like Trump? Unbelievable. That’s why this country is in deep trouble. No one cares about character anymore. It’s all hypocrisy.

We don’t have to speculate on who is the moral midget, we have it in his own words. Brief the President on the phony dossier at the behest of CNN. Leak the fact that the President was briefed on it so that CNN would have a “hook” to talk about it as “news” since their original sources were too sleazy even by CNN’s low standards.

Did you actually read my earlier post today? I forgot to put @J.Anderson in it. I will admit that I am a long time strong supporter of Trump but I believe in the rule of law, equal justice and the Constitution. You seem to be just another end-justifies-the-means Trump hater.

LOL. It’s hard to even IMAGINE a Democrat ever being concerned with someone’s “character.” Or, is it that it’s a putative REPUBLICAN whose “character” matters to them? BOTH of the Clintons are completely DEVOID of character, yet they gave one the White House and WANTED to give it to the other. As my wife said in 1992, when she switched her registration to the GOP, “An overnight or week-long affair shows lack of judgment, but a 12-year-long affair shows lack of character, and I won’t abide it any longer.” Then there’s the media-ignored reports by the Clinton’s Arkansas security officers of their volatile arguments, shouted “N-word” when referring to any black man or woman, Hillary’s affair with Vince which they ALL knew about, and the virtual platoon of odd, unexplained deaths surrounding those who tended to look into or KNOW of their corruption.

I suppose everyone’s entitled to their own OPINION, but yours seems to be based solely on your animus towards President Trump (still galls you, doesn’t it?).

That is undoubtedly correct, because the entire premise of the investigation is based on partisan lies which was known to the people who got it started. That’s what happens when a political party weaponizes the machinery of state against it’s opposition; the machinery of state loses credibility with everyone who isn’t ‘party’. The FBI is a disgrace to law enforcement, in my opinion.

Quite true. There IS NO SUCH FEDERAL “CRIME” AS “COLLUSION” other than in anti-trust cases…which this is NOT. Therefore, the entire nearly 2-year “investigation” is an investigation into a non-crime which is a violation of FBI protocols and DOJ regulations–and NO ONE can tell us that the Obama FBI and DOJ weren’t fully aware of that fact when this whole thing began in July of 2016. This was based solely on an effort to insure a Hillary “win” the following November and, failing that, on delegitimizing the Trump election. It’s as plain as the nose on Barbara Streisand’s face to ANYONE with a functioning brain cell…which eliminates most Democrats…including Barbara Streisand.

/speachless

Are you really that desperate that you believe that career people that are working on this are really pursuing something that isn’t a crime?

No, the media reports it as “collusion” to all us lay folk, but the career people are looking at things that are against the law. When they look people lie. Lying is against the law (in some cases).

There is more than one standard. Cheating on your wife isn’t a criminal act, but how many people are willing to commit crimes to hide that fact? Thus, I really don’t care at this point if “collusion” is against the law or not, I still have the right to know if Trump and/ or his administration worked with or is compromised by anyone, including foreign powers. It sure seems that list of people are lying about their (according to you legal) activities. That is a red flag and that’s what people like I would like to see uncovered. That goes for Trump and his goons, or anyone in the Dem party too. I don’t care where the bad behavior comes from, it all needs to be sniffed out and put in the light for all too see.

The good “career people” in the FBI and CIA pursue what they are told to pursue. The upper levels of these agencies who lie to Congress and pursue a politicized agenda are what has badly damaged the credibility of these agencies in the eyes of the majority of Americans.

I don’t think Trump is immoral because I’m biased against him. I’m biased against him because I think he’s immoral.

No, I’m looking at how and by whom the allegations were generated.

Oh, you mean career people like James Comey and Andy McCabe? Credibility=0

What ‘things’? What crime is being investigated, and what is the evidence this crime actually occurred? What are the charges? IF there isn’t a crime, why is law enforcement involved?

Isn’t that the rationale for having a free press? Does the press not (largely) hate Donald J. Trump? Did the press not love them some Hillary Clinton? They gleefully report every unsubstantiated allegation and rumor which could possibly undermine or smear the president. And how much has been substantiated?

Then WHY do you think the Democrats and their enablers in the Deep State are frantically trying to HIDE the truth from everyone…including those in Congress with the AUTHORITY to oversee their activities?

I’m not “desperate” (sic) about anything. What “career people” are you talking about here? Comey, Mueller, Stzruk, etc. ALL with a HISTORY of back-door dealings and partisanship.