Compulsive liar who cried rape 11 times is jailed

Compulsive liar who cried rape 11 times is jailed: Her last victim was an innocent man who she simply 'didn’t like any more’
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 06:26 EST, 26 February 2013 | UPDATED: 04:42 EST, 27 February 2013

A woman who cried rape was jailed yesterday after a court heard it was her eleventh false claim.

Compulsive liar Elizabeth Jones, 22, was exposed when CCTV footage disproved her allegation against a man she ‘did not like any more’.

She had made her first false rape claim in 2004 when she was just 13, Southampton Crown Court heard.

Between 2005 and 2007 she made another eight allegations which police investigated and dismissed, although she was not prosecuted.

In 2009 she was sentenced to a ten-month detention and training order for a similar offence.

Jones’s latest victim was a boyfriend against whom she made the allegation after the pair had an argument.

This used to be a quote in my Signature: “Until false accusers receive the consequences the falsely accused would have received, false accusations will continue to abound.” Ms. Jones is a case in point. Had she been given a rapist’s sentence in 2009 (when she was 18), she might not have been out of prison to be able to make this latest false accusation.

I actually feel sorry for her. Her crying wolf may come back to haunt her in ways other than legal consequences. She strikes me as being a very troubled young woman. Mind you, I don’t dismiss the gravity of her false accusations.

Concur. Evidently she had a very rough upbringing. Doesn’t particularly mitigate the crime, especially after doing it so many times. It just increases the sadness. The adults on whom she should have been able to rely when she was a child instead messed her up.

I don’t feel a lick of sympathy for her. Imagine being sent to waste years of your life in prison, and then be excluded from any normal employment opportunities once you get out, because some %*&$ing whore falsely accused you and the jury took the side of the poor defenseless woman. And you’re there, knowing the entire time that you did nothing wrong, possibly sharing a cell with an actual rapist or other criminal on that level. Wonder how many men are in that position.

16 months? Should be doing the same time as her victims would be if her claims weren’t found out to be lies.

Her photo is almost enough evidence to throw the case out of court, anyway. “Compulsive liar”- pfft. Every update of the DSM and ICD (mental disorder diagnostic manuals) brings with it some new syndrome to explain away what is sometimes just a complete lack of regard for anyone but oneself.

Volk, it’s all too easy to dismiss her (I’ve been guilty of dismissing other guilty parties like that many times), but the choices she made didn’t just come out of a vacuum. If one just says “they’re guilty, away with them” without a care for the reasons why, then one is only addressing the symptom and not the problem; a problem that she’s a victim of too, whether she realizes it or not; and whether people are forgiving of her or not. I reemphasize that I don’t dismiss the seriousness of her crime, nor the consequences of it.

Ok, that is a good point. I’d be interesting in hearing a few more details about her “disturbed childhood” though, especially as this is the daily mail.

I’d like to know more myself. But I submit that it is unlikely that she just up and decided to go this route without a catalyst in younger years.

Yes its terrible that her upbringing wasn’t better and all that stuff. But I feel no sympathy for her. Maybe a couple times of her doing it I could kind of understand, but 11 is way past my sympathy threshold. Luckily for everyone she has accussed, they have been cleared of all wrong doing. Unfortunately they still had to alter their lives while they were under the assumption of being guilty. The last guy was arrested and questioned for 9 hours. That’s 9 hours of his life he will never get back. Also, he will never be looked at the same again by those who saw him being taken away in handcuffs. Even when everyone found out that he was innocent, it still doesn’t fully change the perception in the witnesses minds. Rape is no joke. Unfortunately for these guys, even though proven innocent, they will still have the rapist label on them in the back of the minds of everyone that knows. Including other women they may find themselves with. Really sucky situation for those guys.

Yes, there are always people who will assume that an arrest means guilt. “There’s no smoke without fire,” is their motto.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it disturbs me greatly that she has been allowed to make false claims 11 times. In that sentiment, I think she should be criminally charged and put in jail. On the other hand, I also believe that she is a terribly troubled young woman who needs intense therapy and should be locked away until she is deemed “cured”. Then, it dawned on me that this article is from the UK. They typically allow things like this to go on until there is no other possible solution but to prosecute. I think she should be held in some institution with regular therapeutic counseling for the amount of time that she would have garnered for a criminal sentence.

Would you all be having the same feelings if this were a man being imprisoned who was “deeply troubled”? It seems like you lot are coddling her a little bit more than what I would expect if it were a man in the same position

Geesh, BOP…you’re never happy are you?? :sad:

The Colorado Theater shooter also has a troubled mind. Who knows how he got it.
But he knew what he was doing and knew it was wrong. I think it’s sad she had issues, but 16 months
is not acceptable if she put men in jail. If men actually did time, had their lives destroyed, and reputations ruined, then 20 years would be appropriate. If she made accusations and know one went to jail, then 5 years would be fair.

People need to understand their actions have consequences. We all have bagage.

Speaking for myself, I did acknowledge that there are consequences. A to the Aurora shooting, I submit that that took a lot more planning and conscious thought, and with it, a lot more suppression of conscience (not saying that the woman didn’t suppress hers; I don’t know; but it wasn’t necessary to the degree that the Aurora shooter’s actions required). And yes, we all have baggage. But we don’t know how much baggage another person has. It does make a significant difference, and for that reason we should be slow to judge harshly (better too slow than too quick, unless it’s a tactical situation).

Agreed I do not want to be too quick to judge which is why I added, IF someone went to jail due to her lies, she needs hard time.
If not, she still needs real time. Far too often there are false accusations of rape or child molestation.

The problem is we also must be careful not to intimidate women to the point of not reporting. Always teach your children, if raped, go get a rape exam to get the evidence.

I agree. In the same vein, I have a problem with some feminists who try to make like unwelcome lewd talk or an uninvited pat on the backside are of the same magnitude of an actual rape. They’re hurtful and wrong, but not nearly as much so, and instead of elevating the seriousness of those lesser acts, they’re demeaning the seriousness of the real thing; and that does a major disservice to real victims.

There’s a definite double standard between men and women, even in the justice system. 16 months is far too short for this woman.

Also, as a man, I wish I could say hello to cute babies and children without overprotective mothers automatically assuming I’m a pedophile scouting or something. :frowning: I just like cute children.

No sympathy, lots of people have rough childhood’s and do not try to throw innocent people into jail and ruin their lives.

The absolute worst thing you can do for someone who was raised in a difficult environment is to berate them and everyone else with the idea that these beginnings are an excuse to become a worthless, abusive adult.

Every time I hear the term “scarred for life” I know the one being referenced is being propagandized and abused far more by the “sympathy” than by the event or life circumstances that they endured to begin with.

There is not a single reason that justifies using a Judicial system to punish the innocent intentionally, this girl is evil and should be treated like any other evil monster.

I’m going to be blunt. “No sympathy” is NOT Christlike.

God forgives us…but he does not remove the consequences.