Confirmed: U.S. Attorney John Huber NEVER started the ‘Spygate’ probe

SURPRISE!!!

Confirmed: U.S. Attorney John Huber NEVER started the ‘Spygate’ probe Jeff Sessions assigned to him

Given the advantage of hindsight, there is no question that Trump’s biggest failing has been his appointment of Jess Sessions to AG. Obviously, Trump failed to take seriously the importance of the AG position as Sessions was clearly appointed as a reward for his outspoken support and loyalty to Trump from day one of the campaign. The Sessions appointment was made even more absurd given the exceedingly hostile political climate during the election - specifically hostile toward Trump and Trump’s election. One is left to wonder what kind of a presidency Trump might have had were it not for this unforced stumble right out of the gate. My guess is the political landscape would look far different if not for the presence of Jeff Sessions in arguably the most key position in Trump’s administration. I can’t ever recall a POTUS who’s administration was so extensively damaged by the utter ineptitude of a political appointee.

I don’t think that the Sessions appointment would have made much difference. The Democrats have learned that if when they lose an election, they can sometimes get it overturned in the courts. If they don’t get that, they can continue with prosecutorial harassment and constant whining which will get full coverage and sympathy in the press. Stacy Abrams, who lost the governor’s race in Georgia, is a prime example. Their goal is to undermine all Republican officeholders, especially the POTUS.

Don’t get me wrong. The Sessions appointment was a disaster. The point is another AG would not have changed the Democrats’ behavior. They have been using these tactics at least since 2000 during the Florida presidential election re-count.