Congress members back legislation that could benefit themselves, relatives

A California congressman helped secure tax breaks for racehorse owners — then purchased seven horses for himself when the new rules kicked in.

A Wyoming congresswoman co-sponsored legislation to double the life span of federal grazing permits that ranchers such as her husband rely on to feed cattle.

Congress members back legislation that could benefit themselves, relatives - The Washington Post

Is it no wonder that politicians get rich? I read the other day that Obama is worth over $10 million inspite of claiming to donate the proceeds of his books to charity. Throw in the spending that they claim he uses while he goes on these elaborate vacations and outings and I have to wonder how he amassed this money.

The president makes $400,000 a year and has a spending account of another $100,000 which even if he did not use it would give him $2 million over the past 4 years. So where did this money come from? Is it campaign funds? Obama has a nasty habit of not paying his bills so I have to wonder about this.

Reports have come in of place after place where Obama has failed to pay for the services provided.

[quote=“samspade, post:1, topic:36486”]
A California congressman helped secure tax breaks for racehorse owners — then purchased seven horses for himself when the new rules kicked in.

A Wyoming congresswoman co-sponsored legislation to double the life span of federal grazing permits that ranchers such as her husband rely on to feed cattle.

Congress members back legislation that could benefit themselves, relatives - The Washington Post

Is it no wonder that politicians get rich? I read the other day that Obama is worth over $10 million inspite of claiming to donate the proceeds of his books to charity. Throw in the spending that they claim he uses while he goes on these elaborate vacations and outings and I have to wonder how he amassed this money.

The president makes $400,000 a year and has a spending account of another $100,000 which even if he did not use it would give him $2 million over the past 4 years. So where did this money come from? Is it campaign funds? Obama has a nasty habit of not paying his bills so I have to wonder about this.

Reports have come in of place after place where Obama has failed to pay for the services provided.
[/quote]I would tend to believe it is from foreign sources.