Considering The Donald.

Long time RO members know that I am a SoCon first and foremost. And further that I am a Huckabee supporter. But I am beginning to have the same trouble with him I have with my other favorite, Rick Santorum. He’s just not getting traction. So, the question is where is The Donald on my issues, Israel, right to life and the Culture War in general?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

He’s no cultural warrior that’s for sure. I’d guess Carson would be a better bet for that.

Trump is Romney with a pair. Flip-Flopper in Chief if he gets his way.

Trump is amoral and expedient. I’d think those characteristics would disqualify him from consideration by any social conservative.

The Donald represents the 21st Century in modern political thought. He has focused on the issues most important to the American people: Illegal immigration, the economy, and jobs.

He has been very specific in those areas. You can get his EXACT views (without the establishment RINO filtering of some of the more left leaning posters here) at his website:

So far there are only four positions on his site. These seem to be the most important positions in the campaign.

As far as anything else:

1. THE DONALD will be a good and loyal friend to Israel. That goes without saying. He’s going to TAKE Iraqi oil (which has been financing ISIS). He’s going to renegotiate that deal with IRAN. Israel is in better hands with him than with any other candidate running today.
  2. THE DONALD claims he is pro-life. He said he changed his way of thinking because of some personal experience with a friend. I don’t care how he did it as long as he thinks this way.
  3. Culture war and political correctness have just got a huge kick in the nuts from THE DONALD.
  4. He wins ALL the arguments with his views about the treatment of our veterans. Outside of building the wall (which gets the loudest applause) his second loudest applause comes from anything veteran related.
  5. Most important: He is the most LIKABLE and believable candidate in the race. Look at some of his personal appearances some time. Compare them with the snooze fest photo ops his opponents are getting. Nothing else, he is the real deal. And THAT’S why he’s at the top of the polls.

Common…tell the truth. You work for Trump right? Maybe you are Trump even?

There is NOTHING amoral about Trump, unless you believe ALL successful businessmen are amoral. He is certainly more moral than any president we’ve had.

The problem is simple: You cannot wrap your mind around Trump’s rise to power. You’re so ESTABLISHMENT in you way of thinking that you can’t imagine ANYONE not from the country club being made president, even if one outsider has the power to BUY that country club.

I’ll tell you why Trump’s ahead and why he is so believable and why he is going to be the next president.

HE ISN’T FAKING ANY OF THIS.

He means what he says about illegal aliens, about anchor babies, about the mistreatment of our veterans, about the border, about the jobs lost to China. Everything he has said on all those subjects has been taken apart by all the left wing media and put under a microscope. His views have been “fact-checked” by EVER liberal site out there calling itself a fact check site. A normal campaign would take almost a year to amass the kind of information on Trump that we have right now, thanks to instant electronic media. There are no surprises here.

People LIKE Trump. They BELIEVE him. They TRUST him. They believe he has the best leadership qualities of anyone in this race. And these are people who have the SAME access to information about him as you do. They are seeing what you are seeing and they are ready to vote him into the presidency NOW. And they are not going to change.

And all you can do is call this HUGE group of people “uneducated whites.”

I just don’t get it. You have no reason whatsoever to be acting this way. You have no basis for this behavior.

You’re seeing a LOT of Trumps, aren’t you? I just one of MILLIONS. I get it. He’s the right man for the job.

Let’s just say that I’ve done a LOT of homework. (apparently more than anyone else around here, it looks like.) I have studied the other candidates I remember the history of the last couple of elections. I’ve watched the RINO Establishment wing of the Republican Party saddle us with eight years of the WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY: BARAK SADDAM HUSSEIN. From what I gather, the next president will either be Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. There is no one else who has a shot.

That doesn’t make me a Trump operative. It just makes me smarter than most. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our choices will decide if that light is the exit of the tunnel or another oncoming train about to crash into us.

I’m just wondering what it would be like if OTHER posters did as much homework as I did.

Toot your own horn, much?
You cannot castigate others for calling Trump supporters uneducated whites, and then in the same breath, tell us how much smarter you are. Same difference, AFAIAC.
I have not yet decided for whom I will vote. I may pull the trigger for Trump, I may not. At my age, I have learned to LOOK long before I LEAP. I love the way Trump has turned the GOP on their ears, and I yearn for straight up action from our political leaders, but Trump must EARN my vote, like everyone else.
I do not have a reputation for defending Jazzhead. In fact, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But regardless, you have done no more research than us old fogies, and by claiming so, you breed resentment.
I encourage you to support whomever you think is best, but quit trying to manipulate the rest of us. We’ll vote out minds, hearts, and pocketbooks, just like everyone else. I like Trump, but I also like a few others. I’ll choose, the week of the primary in my State.

Toot your own horn, much?

Well, as a matter of fact I play three horns on the job: Trumpet, Flugelhorn and flute. (although you probably wouldn’t classify flute as a horn.)

You cannot castigate others for calling Trump supporters uneducated whites, and then in the same breath, tell us how much smarter you are. Same difference, AFAIAC.

I’m not saying I’m the smartest one on the room here (although frankly the evidence is piling up faster than I thought.) I consider myself part of the smartest Americans, those who will vote for Trump. I believe that’s a few million miles away from the “uneducated whites” remark.

I have not yet decided for whom I will vote. I may pull the trigger for Trump, I may not. At my age, I have learned to LOOK long before I LEAP. I love the way Trump has turned the GOP on their ears, and I yearn for straight up action from our political leaders, but Trump must EARN my vote, like everyone else.

Well, that begs the question: What does he have to do? This is the electronic election cycle. It’s not a matter of waiting for the newspapers to report and pontificate on what they THINK the candidates are running on. We have ALL the candidates represented on their own websites. We have access to their speeches via YOUTUBE. What else can you learn about Trump that isn’t already available to you right now? About all that’s left is waiting for him to stumble and watch his poll numbers tank, which hasn’t happened and probably won’t happen.

Last time I had this much confidence for a candidate was Ronald Reagan. And if you think I took some heat from Republicans now…

I do not have a reputation for defending Jazzhead. In fact, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But regardless, you have done no more research than us old fogies, and by claiming so, you breed resentment.

I’m 61. I’m kind of an old fogy myself, although I’m still acting like a young rock star. (Probably the young kids are laughing their asses off, but I’m getting paid.)

Jazz and I have this running back-and-forth thing going because of our ideology. You can look at our views on the issues to get a clue. What makes it so difficult is that we’re not like Democrats, (who march in Nazi lockstep in every issue.) Conservative Republicans are messy. We argue with each other almost as much as the communist left. That’s what happens when you try to cram too many independent thinkers into the same party.

I encourage you to support whomever you think is best, but quit trying to manipulate the rest of us. We’ll vote out minds, hearts, and pocketbooks, just like everyone else. I like Trump, but I also like a few others. I’ll choose, the week of the primary in my State.

There’s no way I’m trying to manipulate anyone here. I’m just doing like everyone else: expressing an opinion.

The fact that I happen to be right doesn’t matter, I guess.

Well, there’s this to consider: William Wilberforce, possibly the greatest British politician of his time, did not immediately seek to abolish slavery. His first goal was to regulate the slave trade, and incrementally move toward abolition, his goal from the first. Trump has captured the Conservative imagination like nobody I have seen since Reagan, and would be STRONGLY competitive against either Madame Clinton or Bernie Sanders. The GOP needs somebody that rank-and-file Republicans can SUPPORT, and not just vote for the R because he/she’s **not **a liberal Democrat.

I’m not a Trump guy, yet, but I am listening.

Trump has provided some benefits even as he isn’t anyone who I would want to see as president, and I am not even concerned he will be elected, though I am concerned he might take the place of a strong Republican candidate who might.

First, he has drawn a great deal of attention to the Republican party with his “celebrity” status and some of the absurd things he has said. We had someone like him in Toronto by the name of Rob Ford in terms of the “shock value” he brought on a day to day basis. Second, he has lit a fire in the bellies of some potentials. From Rubio to Carson, there is a belief that if this outsider can receive some early poll success, what’s to stop me from being the leader? As far as I can see, nothing. They could really shake things up in the 2016 election.

:rofl: I was 13 years old when you were born and I’ll GUARANTEE you that I knew more about politics THEN than you seem to know now. I’ll make a bet with you. If Trump wins the nomination and the general election, I’ll publicly apologize to you here–profusely and openly. If Trump doesn’t win the GOP nomination and files as an “Independent” in order to throw the election to the Democrat–regardless of who that may wind up being, then YOU will publicly and profusely apologize to all of US on this board who you’ve insulted with your “I’m-much-smarter-than-you-guys” nonsense.

You’re 74?

Just goes to show that people are living longer than ever. I’m glad you still have your mental facilities and can still type.

First of all, WHEN Trump wins the nomination you will NOT owe me (or most of America) an apology. That’s just plain stupid. You have a political opinion and you have every right to your opinion. Jeez! We’re worried about apologizing to one another when political winds blow a certain way. I call that political correctness. I don’t want your apology when America does the right and smart thing. You don’t owe me an apology.

This is political DEBATE. Sometimes it is an ideological cage match. There’s nothing wrong with spirited debate.

If the country is stupid enough not to nominate Trump, the votes will owe ALL of us an apology for making Hillary the next president. I will not back down from any assertion that I’m smarter than those who want Hillary to be elected.

The next president will either be Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. That’s just the way it is. There isn’t going to be an emerging RONALD REAGAN from the wannabe pack of GOP candidates. The voters aren’t going to all of a sudden get excited about Ben Carson or Ted Cruz, just because they win a primary. Carson and Cruz will be fair game for the Democrat LIE machine. They’ll fight back a little, but it won’t amount to anything.

Trump is the ONLY one who can fight back and win. Hell, he’s the reason some of the top Republicans are fighting back NOW. He has forced them to grow a set of balls.

Trump has provided some benefits even as he isn’t anyone who I would want to see as president, and I am not even concerned he will be elected, though I am concerned he might take the place of a strong Republican candidate who might.

I believe that is the least of your worries. There was no strong Republican candidate before he entered the race. Had he not thrown his hat into the ring, Hillary would have been a lock. That’s just the real world. None of the other candidates had a chance at all. They ALL were going the same route as McCain and Romney. They ALL would have been politically correct and once again they ALL would have made the Silent Majority stay home.

First, he has drawn a great deal of attention to the Republican party with his “celebrity” status and some of the absurd things he has said.

Drawing attention by itself does not automatically translate into high poll numbers.

We had someone like him in Toronto by the name of Rob Ford in terms of the “shock value” he brought on a day to day basis. Second, he has lit a fire in the bellies of some potentials. From Rubio to Carson, there is a belief that if this outsider can receive some early poll success, what’s to stop me from being the leader? As far as I can see, nothing. They could really shake things up in the 2016 election.

In other words, Trump has given the other candidates a set of balls. He has helped knock some of the political correctness out of their heads. He’s given the Republican Party a set of cojones, and the party has shown those cojones by cancelling an NBC debate. Already Trump is showing superior leadership.

Why wouldn’t the Republican Party want this powerhouse to be its nominee and leader of the country? Clearly, Trump is the most qualified.

Trump has captured the Conservative imagination like nobody I have seen since Reagan, and would be STRONGLY competitive against either Madame Clinton or Bernie Sanders. The GOP needs somebody that rank-and-file Republicans can SUPPORT, and not just vote for the R because he/she’s **not **a liberal Democrat.

I’m not a Trump guy, yet, but I am listening.

Here’s what a lot of people (here apparently) are missing.

The last few elections have been the traditional liberal versus conservative, with the Republican establishment at the last minute pulling the rug out from the conservatives out of fear of making the liberals and the media angry. That has given us candidates like McCain and Romney and by extension eight years of the absolute WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY.

I think you’ve figured it out. The SILENT MAJORITY is sick and tired of the establishment sticking just an R candidate in our faces and demanding we vote for that R regardless. That’s why this MAJORITY has sat out the last two presidential elections.

Trump has lit a fire under the SILENT MAJORITY and they WILL show up on Election Day and tell Hillary to go to hell, but ONLY if Trump is the nominee.

I’m glad your clear desperation means I don’t have to take you or Trump seriously.

This is political DEBATE. Sometimes it is an ideological cage match.

Cage match? You’re a populist, you follow polls, not principle. And as I just demonstrated in the other thread, you’re rather selective about the former too.

I will not back down from any assertion that I’m smarter than those who want Hillary to be elected.

Except you’re trying to frame that as “support anyone other than Trump”. Which is ridiculous.

Trump is the ONLY one who can fight back and win.

An opinion. Based on selective poll data. Figuring out why we don’t believe you?

I’m glad your clear desperation means I don’t have to take you or Trump seriously.

If you’re getting any hint of desperation out of the things I’m saying here, you need to start taking those Gincko pills again. I’m too old to be desperate about anything except the possibility of another stroke. (The last one was mild and I’ve been very careful since then.) The way I look at it, the country will do the smart thing and nominate Trump and then make him the next president. That will get us out of this mess the Obama regime and the REpublican establishment has created. If the country is STUPID and nominates anyone else, then Hillary will be president and we’re all screwed. That stroke will seem a minor glitch by comparison. But I’ve made my peace, either way.

Cage match? You’re a populist, you follow polls, not principle. And as I just demonstrated in the other thread, you’re rather selective about the former too.

I’m not as serious about this–apparently–as you are. I just see what most of America sees. I’m not out here nit picking every single thing a man says just because of a TV show that frankly I never watched. I agree that it’s not always smart to follow polls. In the last Republican primary, the lead in the polls changed from week to week. First Perry had the lead, then Cain, then Romney. It became a running joke with the left wing media.

In THIS season, Donald Trump has led in most polls since he announced. He is leading today in most polls. This has never happened before in the history of American politics. Not even Ronald Reagan had that kind of support. I’m looking at his speeches, his website, his drawing power and his marketing skills. And I’m looking at his choice of issues to run on. Illegal immigration ALONE put him at the top of the pack, and he’s still there. THAT’S how a president is picked in the 21st Century.

Except you’re trying to frame that as “support anyone other than Trump”. Which is ridiculous.

No one but Trump has a chance to beat Hillary. That’s just a fact.

An opinion. Based on selective poll data. Figuring out why we don’t believe you?

WRONG. It is based on actual events. At the very beginning, Trump made a few gaffes that the liberal media was SO certain would tank his campaign. All the pundits were demanding that he apologize for what he said about Mexico, about John McCain, about anchor babies. Had he apologized, he would be gone. But he dug his heels in and his poll numbers climbed higher.

Hell, his rejection of political correctness has given some of the other Republican candidates a set of balls they didn’t bring with them to the match. Hell, Trump has given the REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE a set of balls that didn’t exist. NEVER in the history of American televised politics has the GOP ever CANCELLED a debate on a major TV network because of reaction to liberal bias. That’s TRUMP.

Right now, Trump is a better leader than the last four president. America sees that, which is why he is leading and why he will be the next president.

THIS is the man who will win.

I have no respect for conservatives who sat out the last two presidential elections. Were you one of them?

But here’s where I fundamentally disagree with you. The past two election are over and done. You may have resented who the majority of your fellow Republicans chose to be the nominee, and I understand the critique that the candidate fields weren’t the strongest. But this year is different. There’s a terrific choice of candidates this year, an embarrassment of riches. We have young, smart faces, like Rubio and Cruz. We have men of tremendous experience and accomplishment in advancing a conservative agenda in the face of opposition, like Kasich, Bush and, before he dropped out, Walker. (People forget that Bush during his tenure as Florida governor lowered taxes, limited spending, enacted school choice and Medicaid reforms, and left office with a 60% approval rating.) We have men of estimable moral fiber, like Carson and Huck. We have candidates itching for an ideological fight, like Cruz and Fiorina.

Choose one! Fight for him! Just don’t be a shill for a charlatan and demogogue like Trump.

Not simply in what you say, but in how often you say it.

Confidence speaks for itself. You however need to voice things constantly, as if reassurance for you and Trump’s “Star Power” is habitual.

I’m not as serious about this–apparently–as you are.

About ideology or principle? Truth enough. The same to economics.

You’re arguments on both matters have been highly superficial, that you think we can’t see that speaks volumes.

No one but Trump has a chance to beat Hillary. That’s just a fact.

That’s what you’ve convinced yourself of at any rate.

WRONG. It is based on actual events. At the very beginning, Trump made a few gaffes that the liberal media was SO certain would tank his campaign. All the pundits were demanding that he apologize for what he said about Mexico, about John McCain, about anchor babies. Had he apologized, he would be gone. But he dug his heels in and his poll numbers climbed higher.

To 26%. With few second choices willing to support him, he’s peaked, that’s the truth of the matter.