Court rules states have to accept Syrian refugees

It’s time to ignore these black robed tyrants!

States that refuse to help resettle Syrian refugees are guilty of illegal discrimination, a federal appeals court ruled Monday, delivering a judicial rebuke to GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence, who as Indiana’s governor had tried to halt Syrian resettlement.
Judge Richard Posner, writing for the three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, said there’s no evidence that Syrians are more dangerous, and he said even if they are, allowing Indiana to refuse to resettle them would only foist the problem onto neighboring states.

“Federal law does not allow a governor to deport to other states immigrants he deems dangerous,” Judge Posner wrote, saying the governor should instead report his fears to federal bureaucrats for redress.

Court rules states have to accept Syrian refugees - Washington Times

Said South Carolina before the Nullification Crisis.

Once again it is made obvious how important it is that a Democrat not ascend to the presidency. The appointment of federal judges is one of the most important functions of a POTUS.

“Judge Richard Posner, writing for the three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, said there’s no evidence that Syrians are more dangerous, and he said even if they are, allowing Indiana to refuse to resettle them would only foist the problem onto neighboring states.
“Federal law does not allow a governor to deport to other states immigrants he deems dangerous,” Judge Posner wrote, saying the governor should instead report his fears to federal bureaucrats for redress.”

Personally, I suspect we are getting close to the time that we tell the SOB to pack it were the sun don’t shine…

I used to live very close to a judge and got to be friends with him. We enjoyed out bourbon and water. He told me there are two kinds: The honest, decent ones that do their best to bea even handed judge and there is all the rest. He told me most most judges retire extremely wealthy. As in $Millions . All it takes is a few, very few high profile big wheel players in any game, be it drugs or white collar crime. Look at some of the sentencing that judges pass on some guy that any other judge he would lucky to get the life without parole instead of the chair, and some judge gives him credit for time served awaiting the trial, the gives him a 6 mo sentence and 3 years of parole. Everyone is stunned except the Judge who knows that upon retirement he opens up his swiss bank acct and lives the good life.

I have a problem with people who are appointed to life time jobs. I know the founding fathers thought that would make them incorruptible. The reality has turned out to be just the opposite. The founding fathers did not intend that the judiciary would become legislators.