CUBS WON!!!! World Series Champs 2016!!

OMGosh! I can’t believe they did it! My city is in ecstasy! It took 'em 108 years, but they finally did it!

Cubs win 2016 World Series | MLB.com

Yeah, I thought the Cubs manager was throwing it away in game six when he brought in Chapman in the seventh inning.

Game seven, Chapman looked tired.

I went to bed after the top of the ninth and the Cubs did not score.

I didn’t watch the games because I get too upset and nervous. But, I kept watch on the MLB website. That was enough excitement for me at this age! LOL! I think Chapman is a free agent and I read somewhere that the Yankees are interested in him. I think all of the Cubs are absolutely gorgeous!

Shouldn’t this thread be stickied?

to the Cardinals!

The Cubs winning is just another indication that the end times draw nigh…

I’m glad for the Cubs fans. As a Red Sox fan who waited saw the stretch from 1918 to 2004, l know how it feels to go from 1908 to 2016.

What does “stickied” mean?

The world has seen it all

[ATTACH]2844[/ATTACH]

Stickied or Sticky means that topic has been made to stay at the top of the list of topics in that particular forum. It keeps it front and center until a moderator removes the ‘sticky’. [MENTION=10504]ClassicalTeacher[/MENTION]

I think that’s perfectly reasonable. Mods?

The link doesn’t work. At least, not on my laptop.

It was an animated picture of a pig flying but it would not take because of the animation.

I was rooting for the Cubbies, but I was a little hesitant because I didn’t want the BEAST, who is from Chicago herself (hey, CT, can you do something about that?) to take a Cubby win as a harbinger of her own contest.

I’m guessing she did.

She didn’t even mention it, as far as I know. She grew up in a very affluential suburb of Chicago, Park Ridge, and attended an equally affluential high school (Maine South High School). Surprisingly, she grew up as a Conservative and supported Republican candidates such as Barry Goldwater and Nelson Rockefeller. She belonged to the Young Republicans at Wellesley College until her third year. She did her senior thesis on Saul Alinsky. Needless to say, she converted to marxism.

Since Chicago is primarily a democrat city, she gets a lot of support from the dems both civilians and elected officials. However, the rest of the state of Illinois is predominantly conservative/republican and we have only had a few democrat governors. She will not get much support from the rest of the state.

Bobjam: BTW, thanks for rooting for the Cubbies! I’m a “southsider” and southsiders are White Sox fans. The northsiders are Cubs fans. But, whenever we have a winning team, we all join hands and celebrate together! White Sox won the World Series in 2005. The southside went insane. You have to be a Chicagoan to understand the dynamics and rivalries of the “northside vs. southside”. It really began with the rivalry between the southside Capone and the northside Moran antagonisms. Capone hated “Bugs” Moran, and the feeling was definitely reciprocated. Northsiders are typically your yuppies, well-to-do folks, lots of artsy boutiques and shops. The southsiders are typically your blue-collar folks. Lots of ethnic neighborhoods. Irish, Italian, Mexican, Polish, Croatian, and a lot of Slovaks. There are areas of the southside where you have four Catholic Churches on each of the corners of an intersection–all different ethnic priests and congregants. Very cool place, imo. Lots of great food and fun.