Culture change on abortion coming

Seems like even the msm has to admit that the number of abortions is becoming a real concern for many Americans today.

‘Fundamental culture change’ on abortion: Conservatives make gains on restrictions - U.S. News

I remember the day last year when I was trying to get WWV on my boom box to reset my watch when I happened upon a British Catholic shortwave program. They were talking about the abortion issue, and they found encouragement from some of the counter-abortion trends here in the U.S.

A cultural change, or a legislative change…?

The same article notes that support for Roe v Wade has never been higher…

Yes, and I am sure that many around the world feel the same way. After all, America seems to set the trends for a lot of countries…unfortunately, to their own demise.

Yeah but unfortunately all other cultures look at us as ‘uncivilized pigs’ I have no idea why. Look I mean no offense to our neighbors living in other cultures, but this is a vocal group of people in other cultures.

How about some specifics? Are you referring to something like “The Ugly American,” where judgment is made on all Americans based on the handful that spend time in Europe?

[quote=“Susanna, post:6, topic:39067”]
How about some specifics? Are you referring to something like “The Ugly American,” where judgment is made on all Americans based on the handful that spend time in Europe?
[/quote]The fact there will always be others in countries that dislike us but that does not mean that broad brushing a country and implying all hate us is true. We do get legal immigrates all the time.

Broad brush a whole group based on a small smaple, that’s pretty much how stereotypes are born.

Yeah, we keep hearing that everyone else in the world hates us, but we have more people wanting to get in - here - while some of those countries who “hate” us - have people trying to get out.

This is true. There is no shortage of people in my wife’s family that wants to immigrate here. In fact, all of her immediate family basically has.

All of hese people that keep making claims about how bad the US is in the eyes of th rest of the world are very ignorant indeed.

[quote=“Susanna, post:9, topic:39067”]
Yeah, we keep hearing that everyone else in the world hates us, but we have more people wanting to get in - here - while some of those countries who “hate” us - have people trying to get out.
[/quote]Those who claim they want to leave over this or that somehow manage to stay to complain “How bad they have it”

At least, Jesse Ventura put his money where his mouth was - and he’s not missed at all!