CURL: W outclasses Barack and Bill, without even trying

DALLAS — Shortly after Barack Obama was elected in 2008, a fellow reporter who’d covered President George W. Bush all eight years told me she’d had enough of the travel and stress and strain of the White House beat, that she was moving on.

We reminisced about all the places we’d been, all the crazy days and wild nights, all the history we’d seen — first hand. Just before we said our goodbyes, I asked her if she’d miss covering President Obama.

“Not at all. He’s an inch deep. Bush is a bottomless chasm, a deep, mysterious, emotional, profound man. Obama is all surface — shallow, obvious, robotic, and, frankly, not nearly as smart as he thinks. Bush was the one.”
Her words, so succinct, have stuck with me ever since. By the way, she’s a hardcore Democrat.

Read more: CURL: W outclasses Barack and Bill, without even trying - Washington Times

Obama as always trying to coop an event to make it about him and his wishes.

I get the feeling Obama really is not well liked and is being used to push democrat objectives.

What a moving article:

But it was the end that gave us the truest glimpse of the man. Like so many other times, the power of America got to him. With tears in his eyes, his voice breaking, he said: “It’s the honor of a lifetime to lead a country as brave and as noble as the United States. Whatever challenges come before us, I will always believe our nation’s best day lie ahead.” By the end he was in tears, barely able to creak out: “God bless.”Then with a wink and a wave, he turned and went back to his chair. Leaning in to Laura, he said with a shrug, “Sorry.” Then he sat down, looking shell shocked. The 10,000-plus crowd was on its feet, cheering. That made him even more sheepish. He pawed at an escaping tear. Then he noticed the other presidents on their feet. So he stood back up, and held up three fingers — W.But there was one last classy move not many saw. The program nearly over, Sgt. 1st Class Alvy R. Powell Jr. came to the side of the stage to perform the “Star Spangled Banner.” A big, powerful black man, Mr. Powell belted out the anthem. With the crowd applauding, the sergeant moved along the line of people, shaking hands with all. After greeting W, he turned to go. But the 43rd president put his hand on the sergeant’s arm and said, “Stay,” just as a chaplain stepped forward to give a benediction.So the final tableau of the day: Five presidents, five first ladies, heads bowed in prayer. And Sgt. 1st Class Alvy R. Powell Jr. No one, really, just the man a president asked to “stay.”
Always the true gentleman, who aways stayed true to his convictions.God bless you, President Bush!

I wonder, how many times did that reporterette’s employer parrot some form of the Bush-is-a-dummy narrative?

President Bush and his wife were such a class act; he so distinguished, and she so refined and well-poised. They shined because it came from the heart.
I miss their resprsenting our country. I’m glad President Bush got his moment in the sun with this dedication of his library.
Should I pass that way, I will definately be visiting.

Pete S:

I wonder, how many times did that reporterette’s employer parrot some form of the Bush-is-a-dummy narrative?

I wonder how many news agencies will baulk at Obama bringing politics in where it didn’t belong like they did with Dr. Ben Carson.

I love the numerous threads where all of you get together and sing kumbayah about how good republicans are and then also spend time hating democrats even when they compliment your republicans.

You all and your political parties whose policies you walk like your life depends on it.

It’s like the cliques in 4th grade in the schoolyard.

Well in all fairness I thought Carter’s was a nice speech. Talking about humanitarian efforts in Africa. What I didn’t like was Clinton and Obama using the ceremony to promote themselves or their wife for political gain. I was glad Carter’s only request was that we continue to help the poorest people on the planet with medicine and food. It took Clinton and Obama 10 seconds before they turned the event into a bully pulpit. That was my take on their delegation.

Oh and I hate to say it, but I think Bush 41 is not long to be with us. He looked very weak.