Danny Davis drops out, endorses Carol Moseley Braun in mayor's race

Danny Davis drops out, endorses Carol Moseley Braun in mayor’s race
Posted by John Chase
Chicago Tribune
12/31/10

U.S. Rep. Danny Davis ended his bid for Chicago mayor tonight, endorsing former U.S. Sen. Carol Moseley Braun.

Davis said he is endorsing Braun in the name of unity.

“I’m proud that I will be here when Carol Moseley Braun becomes the next mayor,” Davis said. “I come here tonight…to help prove unity is more than just a concept.”

Braun said she is emboldened by the endorsements from both Davis and state Sen. James Meeks, the other major African-American candidate who dropped out of the contest last week. Braun called it a “great way to start the new year.”

The Rev. Jesse Jackson brokered a roughly four-hour meeting Wednesday night with Davis and Braun at his Rainbow PUSH headquarters …

This could get ugly on more levels than I care to try to count! The bottomn line for the people of Chicago, IMO, is that their choice for mayor is between an incompetent fruitcake and a possibly competent thug. Either way, services will suffer and corruption will be guaranteed. This appears to be shaping up as a playing of the race card by some black leaders in Chicago, against the D Party. It could get so ugly as to become a choice posed to Pres. Obama: “Are you a ‘real’ black? Or an Oreo cookie?”