Darren Aronofsky’s Noah: Environmentalist Wacko

Having got a chance to read an undated version of the script for Noah I want to warn you. If you were expecting a Biblically faithful retelling of the story of the greatest mariner in history and a tale of redemption and obedience to God you’ll be sorely disappointed. Noah paints the primeval world of Genesis 6 as scorched arid desert, dry cracked earth, and a gray gloomy sky that gives no rain – and all this, caused by man’s “disrespect” for the environment. In short, an anachronistic doomsday scenario of ancient global warming. How Neolithic man was able to cause such anthropogenic catastrophic climate change without the “evil” carbon emissions of modern industrial revolution is not explained. Nevertheless, humanity wanders the land in nomadic warrior tribes killing animals for food or wasteful trophies.

Darren Aronofsky’s Noah: Environmentalist Wacko - Godawa’s MovieBlog
This looks like a film to avoid if you are expecting at least a retelling of the story of Noah rather than a liberal effort to thrown politics into the film and promote environmentalism.

There have always been efforts to rewrite history or events as well as tenets of faith by liberals.

2 Likes

How they could turn Noah into a liberal is beyond me. If he had been alive today Noah would have been a staunch social conservative at the very least. He followed God’s way in an age where everyone around him had become moral relativists.

1 Like

I read a story written for children or teenagers some years ago - it was in a book belonging to my niece. It was about a modern-day Noah, and it ended with only Noah going in the ark with the animals, so that there would be no humans left on the world after he died - the premise was that mankind had destroyed the world so badly that the animals couldn’t survive, so that only the animals were permitted to survive. Even Noah’s sons - who, of course, with their wives, were not permitted to survive, agreed with the premise.

(Romans 1:19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

(Romans 1:20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

(Romans 1:21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

(Romans 1:22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

(Romans 1:23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

(Romans 1:24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

(Romans 1:25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.