David betray us

Haven’t seen this here yet, but the report is out, General David Petraeus has left his CIA post on the pretext of having an affair.
OHHHHHHHH it strains the sensibilities, having an affair, shoot! that seems to be the daily regimen for Government officials. So what makes him different. My guess is he was going to come up before the Benghazi committee and he was NOT going to rat on his boss. Some things may begin to unravel, but you can make book on that Obama will bring all of this to a halt on the point of national security. He will give Issa enough rope to be enticing and then string him up with it.

[quote=“njc17, post:1, topic:37022”]
Haven’t seen this here yet, but the report is out, General David Petraeus has left his CIA post on the pretext of having an affair.
OHHHHHHHH it strains the sensibilities, having an affair, shoot! that seems to be the daily regimen for Government officials. So what makes him different. My guess is he was going to come up before the Benghazi committee and he was NOT going to rat on his boss. Some things may begin to unravel, but you can make book on that Obama will bring all of this to a halt on the point of national security. He will give Issa enough rope to be enticing and then string him up with it.
[/quote]I don’t know if he quit because he didn’t want to rat Obama out, but if subpoenaed, he would still have to testify. The problem lies in the fact that the House indicts, and the SENATE will try the case. Nothing will come of it.

Hmm. This combined with the WH looking for a replacement for Hillary.

Coincidence?

If Bill Clinton and half of the Kennedy family can have affairs and keep their positions, I see no reason why he shouldn’t be able to either

In the intelligence community, having ANYTHING that someone can use as leverage on you is THE big no, no. You can lose your security clearance at that level for such things.

As Director of the CIA, not stepping down after this comes out is the equivalent of “do as I say, not as I do”.

He had to step down because he has to set the example.

He had to step down because he was being investigated by the FBI as they THOUGH he was being blackmailed by the woman.

Now the timing is interesting in that he did it the day before he would have had to swear to tell the truth and my guess is it would have sunk Obama, so bad that he may have been forced to resign, we KNOW its worse than Nixon.

But then this begs the question, will he step and testify as a civillian and HONOR his code of ethics. If he does not I and most military officers well lose ALL RESPECT for him. I did not known know him well enough to say who he was one way or another, but I did know who he was and what kind of rep he had. He was HIGHLY thought of by those who worked with and for him and I had good friends who thought VERY highly of him.

David Petraeus Allegedly Had an Affair With His Biographer, Paula Broadwell
Paula Broadwell was embedded with Mr. Petraeus in Afghanistan.
By Hunter Walker and Steve Huff 5:52pm

Slate’s Fred Kaplan reports that David Petraeus resigned as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency after he had an affair with one of his biographers, author Paula Broadwell. Ms. Broadwell co-authored a glowing portrait of Mr. Petraeus titled, All In: The Education of General David Petraeus.

According to the biography of Ms. Broadwell on the website of her book, she is a “a research associate at Harvard University’s Center for Public Leadership and a PhD candidate in the Department of War Studies at King’s College London” who spent most of a year in Afghanistan with Mr. Petraeus working on the book. Her site described the book as having built on her two-year doctoral dissertation, which was “a study in transformational leadership and organizational innovation influenced by U.S. Army General David Petraeus.”

her site: All In: The Education of General David Petraeus by Paula Broadwell

Not a bad babe at all, he must have been bangin her like screen door on a Oklahoma mobile home in a tornado

Her site is down but here is the Google cache of it:

All In: The Education of General David Petraeus by Paula Broadwell

He did NOT and does NOT want to testify, as a civilian he can lawyer up, which he cannot do as a public servant.

Military retirees are still subject to the UCMJ. I also believe that Congress has the power to reactivate him.

Correct, miitary officers never leave the military, the reg says this: “reduced pay for reduced services”. I am subject to UCMJ the rest of my life as is Gen P

Unlike the president, right? :rofl:

That’s different. Didn’t you get the memo?

Musta been a snafu on Clinton’s part.

Mind helping me out here, Oaks? All I can find as to who is subject to UCMJ are “regulars.” Officers are not ‘regulars’, correct?
Also, it specifies, “With Pay.” Nevermind if it’s ‘unusual’. Is it POSSIBLE for an officer to retire withOUT pay?

If you’re wondering what I’m going on:

Uniform Code of Military Justice - UCMJ. ART. 2. PERSONS SUBJECT TO THIS CHAPTER

Regulars are all officers in the Active and Retired from Active military. Then there is USAR and NG, they are not Regular. In the past we had both USAR and Regular on AD and both could retire, but with DOPMA that all changed. I was one of those who slipped thru the net. I came on AD as a USAR out of ROTC, ALL Academy grads are Regular, but only a small % of ROTC were. You had to apply to go Regular at some point in time, but DOPMA changed that and I did not get converted until I was a SENIOR Major, in fact I was by date of rank the most SENIOR Major in the US Army on AD. Then one day I got a call from HQDA and they told me I had never been converted to Regular and did I want to? I did so I headed down to my bosses office a 2 bullet § and he swore me into the Regular Army.

USAR/NG is a different status IIRC, they do not serve at the pleasure of the POTUS unless they are on AD. SOme of this may have changed since I went thru the Pers Course, but not too much. So I and all the Regulars are subject to UCMJ ever more as long as we stay regular. At one time you could retire and revert back to USAR if you had ever been before…but I do not know if that is still the case. Yes you can retire without pay and a few do. They do so to acquire more years of service and go into the USAR or NG. Then get a promotion and rack up some extra years, then retire and draw pay at a higher rate…

When all is said and done, Obama will hide him and they will stone wall this whole investigation as they did the gun running . There WAS a plan regarding this revelation rising at this time. Regardless of the military code of Justice, As you all well know Obama will skirt anything any law, and investigation at will and dare somebody to do something about it. And i don’t think Issa and company have the brass orbitals to do so

Thanks…except I’ve not a clue what USAR, NG, AD, nor DOPMA mean.
Guessing - United States Army Reserves? and Active Duty?
DOPMA, I should know, but forget.
NG - stumped

National Guard

Defense Officer Personnel Management Act (1980)

Obviously, Look at the Bush presidency. He set the standard! :coffee_spray:

[quote=“Tiny1, post:2, topic:37022”]
I don’t know if he quit because he didn’t want to rat Obama out, but if subpoenaed, he would still have to testify. The problem lies in the fact that the House indicts, and the SENATE will try the case. Nothing will come of it.
[/quote]You can’t be so sure nothing will come of it. A lot of Senators are up in 2014 and they certainly don’t want a scandal hanging around.

And this is not Monica Lewinsky. This is dereliction in the course of duty.