Defense Department classifies Catholics, evangelicals as extremists

The Defense Department came under fire Thursday for a U.S. Army Reserve presentation that classified Catholics and Evangelical Protestants as “extremist” religious groups alongside al Qaeda and the Ku Klux Klan.

The presentation detailed a number of extremist threats within the U.S. military, including white supremacist groups, street gangs, and religious sects.
The presentation identified seventeen religious organizations in a slide titled “religious extremism.” They include al Qaeda, Hamas, the Filipino separatist group Abu Sayyaf, and the Ku Klux Klan, which the slide identifies as a Christian organization.

Snip:

An Army spokesperson said the presentation “was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.” The Army removed the offending slide after receiving complaints.

The person responsible for the presentation, the spokesperson said, “was not a subject matter expert, and produced the material after conducting Internet research.”

Read more: Defense Department classifies Catholics, evangelicals as extremists - Washington Times

Another attack on Christians. It is apparent the fellow who created the slide had an agenda.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…!

It’s the end of the Western world as we know it, I tells ya…!

Biggles, I’m sure there is another way you can voice your disagreement.

Certainly…lets just say that I’ve always admired your miltary forces…:wink:

Mother of God. One soldier in the U.S. Army Reserves made a powerpoint that demonized Christians. Sounds like all out war to me. Stop playing the victim. Pathetic.

Wait until someone makes a powerpoint demonizing homosexuals.

One soldier in the U.S. Army Reserves made a powerpoint that demonized Christians. Sounds like all out war to me. Stop playing the victim. Pathetic.

So it’s not a big deal because you weren’t … slandered … using taxpayer $$ … in official training … for government employees … who may be called on to enforce laws … for/against those slandered??? Just remember, if you take comfort in your ox not being gored, the important operative word is YET.

Training like this creates attitudes that lead to rights infringements; suing infringers and winning can’t make the ones whose rights were infringed whole. I have an example in mind of how training-forming-attitude leads to infringement, but won’t bother citing it. I think it’s significance might get drowned in the proverbial Egyptian River.

I’ll say the same thing

I was slandered. I just don’t play victim and freak out over nothing like you lot do. Christians are the majority in the USA. I wish you all would realize that and stop playing like you have a cross on your shield and you’re fighting the crusades. If you want to feel persecution then change your skin color, change your sexuality, change your gender, or go to a country that actually persecuted Christians.

Because you’re not going to get any sympathy from me for being a white Christian man in America.

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:9, topic:38993”]
I was slandered. I just don’t play victim and freak out over nothing like you lot do. Christians are the majority in the USA. I wish you all would realize that and stop playing like you have a cross on your shield and you’re fighting the crusades. If you want to feel persecution then change your skin color, change your sexuality, change your gender, or go to a country that actually persecuted Christians.

Because you’re not going to get any sympathy from me for being a white Christian man in America.
[/quote]Bigoted. You think only the Black Atheist immigrant can be persecuted? What a laugh.
I have been homeless. I know what persecution is. I got it from blacks, Hispanics, Men, Women, children, cops, crooks, teachers, students, citizens, foreigners, gay, straight, liberal, conservative, etc., etc., etc.
So much for the faux tolerance on the left. Amazing.

Guess you forgot I’m not on the left. Nor the right. And yeah I think you have to be a minority to be persecuted. Or in other words, outside of societal norms (I.e. homeless, black, gay). A majority or someone within societal norms can’t be persecuted because they are the majority.

It’s a very simple concept that you are struggling to accept because that would mean admitting that your group can’t be persecuted and your war mentality on others (gays, atheists, etc) becomes completely unjustified and you’ll have no way to rationalize your oppression.

My BS meter just got pegged.

Cool story bro. I know it’s hard o believe an individual doesn’t need a group of people to tell him what to believe.

Rubbish. An outgunned majority can be persecuted. Not that devout Christians are a majority; which is what the left is counting on.

No, you consistantly defend liberal positions. You have only lied to yourself that you are thinking for yourself. If you did have your position all on your own, you are still a Liberal.

That’s why your statement made my BS meter peg.

Outgunned majority? How are you outgunned? You have more money and politicians. The irony of you referring to it as “outgunned” like you’re in some kind of war against minorities is just hilarious.

Yeah, defending free speech, gun rights, opposing drones over USA, opposing NDAA is super liberal. Guess you’re seeing what you want to see. Like I said, hard to believe that someone is thinking for themselves.

Who’s asking for sympathy, BOP? I’ve made my point abundantly clear, to anyone who bothered to read what I said. But I’ll try to make it simpler:

1.) injustices are happening;

2.) the targets happen to be Christians;

3.) I want to inform others;

4.) if not stopped, the oppression will increase;

5.) in scope and severity.

We’re outgunned by the “minority” called the Federal government which has been instituting policies against freedom of religion and trying to redefine it as “freedom of worship.” And last I checked, the Federal government was being run by the left (and not just Democrats).