Dem Governors to Gov. Perry: TX needs to stop trying to steal our jobs!

Gov. Rick Perry’s high-profile efforts to lure jobs to Texas from other states may be good business and smart politics back home, but they’re infuriating to prominent Democrats around the country.
And now at least one Republican business leader says Perry’s taking the Lone Star swagger a little too far.

Perry’s forceful recruitment campaigns, featuring radio and magazine ads as well as personal appearances, promise low-tax, pro-growth policies in Texas —and they also trash the business climate in places like California (“…I hear building a business in California is next to impossible”) and Illinois (“…an environment that, intentionally or not, is designed for you to fail.”)

Read more: Rick Perry faces backlash over jobs raids - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com
Okay these morons are doing everything to drive business away and they complain that there are others who will give them a better deal?

So is Gov. Perry using taxpayer dollars to pay for these advertisements in other states?

I sympathize with governor Perry; oil wealth, low taxes, and every effort to create a friendly pro-business environment…and it *still *isn’t enough to overtake California.

[quote=“Bigfoot_88, post:2, topic:39696”]
So is Gov. Perry using taxpayer dollars to pay for these advertisements in other states?
[/quote]States do this all the time so the point is mote’

The state of Michigan is always running commercials in Indiana for businesses to relocate there. It hasn’t done them much good. LOL!

It’s called moot and no it isn’t.

If I am a business owner I will do my own research. I will not move my business based on a flashy ad.

These ads are not a proper function of government and are taxpayer dollars down the drain.

[quote=“Bigfoot_88, post:6, topic:39696”]
It’s called moot and no it isn’t.

If I am a business owner I will do my own research. I will not move my business based on a flashy ad.

These ads are not a proper function of government and are taxpayer dollars down the drain.
[/quote]So you think these businesses just up and decide to go without checking first if the climate and taxes and resources both human and natural meet their needs? You as usual miss the point. States vie for businesses by offering incentives such as TIF districts.

Obviously they check, which was my point. There is no need to spend money on ads in the radio and newspapers. People will look into it themselves.

Just another example of conservatives supporting wasting taxpayer money because it “helps” business.

I commend Texas’s legislator for passing a bill to allow the words “Merry Christmas”, Happy Hanukkah", and “Happy Holidays” to be used in public schools. It is sad that it takes legislation to promote one’s first amendment rights.

Dang, I’ve been doing that for years. I wasn’t aware you couldn’t say those words in public school. My bad, guys.

Pansy liberals. Whats wrong can handle Texas? :crybaby:

@Trekky: Yes I know it is insane. Here is the article! Texas Legislature Passes ‘Merry Christmas Bill’

:coffee_spray: What a crock! California has everything going for it and they’re still broke!

I respectfully disagree.California has new budget problems: Too much money and how to spend it - Sacramento Top News | Examiner.comPlus GDP of California=about 2 trillion dollars; GDP of Texas=about 1.2 trillion dollars

GDP of states is artificially inflated by the cost of living which CA is one of the highest while Texas is one of the lowest. Not to mention CA has one of the highest unemployment rates beat only by the esteemed business states of Nevada and Illinois while Texas has one of the lowest

I’m from Missouri on this. I’ll believe it when I hear it from a few sources I know and trust. One doesn’t readily reverse a liberal economic black hole.

GDP counts government spending as well.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:16, topic:39696”]
I’m from Missouri on this. I’ll believe it when I hear it from a few sources I know and trust. One doesn’t readily reverse a liberal economic black hole.
[/quote]I read that article. What it means with the influx of money the legislature is looking to spend it rather than spend down the debt. Just like a kid or some one with a credit card who thinks they do not have to pay for it.

Even liberals have limits…and I digress the California legislature was spending far beyond what was sustainable, less spending and more revenue seems to have done the trick. Governor Brown’s being refreshingly realistic so far.

Which California recently cut back on by quite a bit.

Michigan runs their stupid travel and jobs ad’s here in NC. As does California. Texas has every right to do w/e they want.