Democrat Senator Berates GOP About Tornadoes and Global Warming

*** While many Americans were tuned intonews coverage of the massive damage from tornadoes ravaging the state ofOklahoma, Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse took to the Senatefloor to rail against his Republican colleagues for denying the theory ofanthropogenic global warming.***

*** Whitehouse spent 15 minuteschastising GOP senators and justified his remarks by alluding to states thatseek federal assistance in the wake of natural disasters.***

*** “So, you may have a question forme,” Whitehouse said. “Why do you care? Why do you, Sheldon Whitehouse,Democrat of Rhode Island, care if we Republicans run off the climate cliff likea bunch of proverbial lemmings and disgrace ourselves? I’ll tell you why. We’restuck in this together. We are stuck in this together. When cyclones tear upOklahoma and hurricanes swamp Alabama and wildfires scorch Texas, you come tous, the rest of the country, for billions of dollars to recover. And the damagethat your polluters and deniers are doing doesn’t just hit Oklahoma and Alabamaand Texas. It hits Rhode Island with floods and storms. It hits Oregon withacidified seas, it hits Montana with dying forests. So, like it or not, we’rein this together.”***

Undoubtedly, you’ve allheard about this, and I was so angry about it that I looked up this guy’semail and wrote the following message to him:

You should beashamed of yourself. How can youself-righteously stand there and blame good American citizens (many of themyour constituents) for the destruction and devastation in Oklahoma. If the taxpaying public were to grant youevery cent of the trillions that you would require in your eyes to"fix" or “reverse” the “damage done to our ecosystemby human beings” will you guarantee in writing that another naturaldisaster will never take place again? Doyou think we’re stupid because we’re not earning 70K+ a year? Please don’t be so condescending to us, theunwashed and uneducated masses. It’srude, presumptuous, and unseemly behavior coming from someone who should behonored to be working for the government by the people, for the people, and ofthe people. You need to check yourhigh-and-mighty stance and remember that we are your employers. We pay your salary. Remember that this is a rare privilege amongUS citizens to hold an office as prestigious as yours. I pray that you find the humility toapologize for your mis-statements, because anyone who would use a terribletragedy like the one in Oklahoma in order to advance the talking points of theday for your own party needs a gut-check, and quickly. I was tearing up when I heard about those poor,poor children and the families that lost loved ones. You should have been compassionate andrespectful…not scornful and throwing blame at your political opponents. Shame on you!

I may have stepped in it, in that I had to provide my email,address, and phone number, so the IRS may be knocking at my door soon, but Idon’t care anymore. I’m not afraidanymore. Bring it on. I’ve got nothing to lose. I don’t earn enough money for them to destroyme or for me to influence anyone. Then,I just saw only AFTER sending the message that he went on CNN andapologized. Oh, well. At least I feel like I got it off mychest. LOL