Democrats hold on Blacks weakens as Black owned businesses surge to new heights!

I wouldn’t trust either ABC OR the WaPo if they pronounced the sun will rise in the East without a confirming source.

It’s called a joke :wink:

Though I’ve said from day #1 Trump has very little grasp of the difference between truth and lies, and has no understanding of details at all. But he doesn’t need any of those things.

The sample sizes are never good. In a 1,000 person poll that has “127” black voters, what they usually have is about 25 black voters that get weighted up to 127. So each 1 black person they talk to, comes to represent 5 people in the poll. With a sample size of 25, I can see getting a result of 5% and 25% pretty easily. This is why accuracy in polling begins at around 100, and doesn’t became especially accurate until north of 300.

“Very little grasp of the difference between truth and lies” isn’t something he needs? Or that everybody needs?

You and confused about what someone SAYS and what someone DOES, FC. What the President SAYS is immaterial insofar as what he DOES matters. ALL politicians lie. It’s in their genes. MOST non-politicians also lie. It’s in the human genome. When my wife buys a horrendously ugly pair of yoga pants, I’m CERTAINLY not going to TELL her they’re horrendously ugly when asked…so I LIE about them.

He’s a big picture thinker who delegates for details. Some people need to understand details. If no one understood details, we’d still be climbing trees for food. Trump isn’t the guy who invents a road system. But he might be the king that recognizes the value of it once it’s presented.

Trump’s biggest talent is being able to recognize talent. No one else would have nominated Wilbur Ross, who is possibly the best cabinet appointment in U.S. history. Trump’s had a few questionable cabinet appointments, but he hasn’t been shy about putting them aside. He’s accomplished so much, and almost everything he’s done has been without Congress. The tax cuts are literally the only thing they’ve helped with.

No, what the President says is not immaterial. A lie is a lie. And I don’t want a politician; I want a statesman. Also, lying isn’t a genome problem; it’s a sin problem. God didn’t mince words when He said:

He also provided the means not to sin, although I’ll admit that in my case, I’m very much a work in progress.

Big picture vs. details does not equal truth vs. lies.

Sorry, FC, but there’s a VAST difference between “bearing false witness” and fibbing…or even lying. “False witness” means today (and meant THEN) causing someone to be condemned by lying ABOUT them. The 10 Commandments do NOT condemn or prohibit simply telling a falsehood…particularly one that doesn’t cause harm to another.

Secondarily, STATESMEN lie…probably more often than politicians…because withholding the whole truth is the very ESSENCE of what we know as “statesmanship.”

Trump views words and communication as things that drive actions and results. If his words drive the type of action and results he wants, then they are useful words. If they do not, they are not useful words. He chooses words he thinks will be useful in the moment.

Their factual basis literally doesn’t even register. He’s only examining what they will produce.

Yes, I caught that :slight_smile: That was my acknowledgment of it.

Silly text medium.

I’d have to read further about their polls before I “believed” them, which is not something I’m inclined to do. I barely care. I didn’t buy the 400 percent, but I do believe blacks, like others, are advancing in our current economy, which I believe is a point you agree with.

I was amused however at your dismissal of J.Anderson’s link – while advancing no actual argument to support the dismissal – by using your own link to another untrustworthy leftwing and ideological source.

And the bottom line, I think the approval rating is probably somewhere between 3 percent and 21 percent.

There is NO difference. Bearing false witness had no implication of exclusively judicial application. Further, Jesus reinforced it when he said:

All else is lawyer talk in search of a loophole in the 9th Commandment.

To your second point: Hogwash, PD. You’re the only person on the planet I’ve ever heard make this argument.

Which doesn’t change the fact that big picture vs. details does not equal truth vs. lies; neither does it change the fact that everyone (including Trump) needs a grasp of the difference between truth and lies. If all he’s doing is manipulating for an end and doesn’t give a rat’s behind about the truth of it or lack thereof, that’s as scary as when Hillary does it.

Nonsense. There is a vast difference between bearing false witness and telling a lie. If what you say is true, why didn’t Jesus say, “I am the way, the true witness, and the life?” The answer, of course, is because Jesus himself knew the difference between a lie and “false witness.” The “courts” have nothing to do with anything involving “false witness.” The very word “witness” has nothing to do with courts. It means telling your neighbor that HIS neighbor is a pedophile when you know that he is not. THAT’S “false witness.” It means saying to some LEO that your neighbor is a terrorist, knowing that he’s no such thing. The meaning of the 9th Commandment has nothing to do with “lying.” It HAS to do with falsely accusing another in order to cause them harm.

Secondly, no true “statesman” would EVER tell those with whom they are negotiating or trying to convince the WHOLE truth about anything. Who do YOU consider to be a true “statesman”. Tell us and I’ll show you where and when they spoke falsely.

My Merriam-Webster says otherwise. In the noun form, it says: “attestation of a fact or event: TESTIMONY.” In the verb form, to testify to: ATTEST." When you look up “attest,” it says: “to affirm to be true or genuine.” To falsely “affirm to be true or genuine” is to LIE. You’re reaching with lawyer talk. And again, you’re the ONLY person I’ve EVER heard make this argument. Seems to me if it were a correct interpretation of one of the most prominent parts of the best-selling book in the history of the planet, I likely would have heard of it in Christian circles.

Witholding information isn’t always deceit (although it can be; a lie of ommission). But that aside, just because a person doesn’t live up to statesmenship (as opposed to down to politics) doesn’t mean it isn’t the right thing to do.

Nonsense. Do you think I’ve come up with a unique interpretation on my own that’s evaded scholarly scrutiny for 2,000 YEARS??? If you do, you’re giving me much more credit than I deserve.

Also, the 9th Commandment doesn’t say anything about “attesting” to anything. It says “bearing false witness.” Those aren’t the same thing. If you go to a religious leader and falsely claim that your neighbor has committed a mortal sin, THAT’S bearing false witness.

So you’re basically saying that God’s cool with lying? If it’s for the right cause or the right result?

Proverbs 12:21: There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.

Colossians 3:9: Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds

John 8:44: Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Ephesians 4:25: Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

That is not what Pappadave is saying.

:roll_eyes:

So, he’s saying God’s not cool with lying?

No, he’s saying that the 9th Commandment isn’t ABOUT “lying.” It’s about offering false or defamatory testimony about another. The Ten Commandments say NOTHING about lying at all and all who believe that it does are misreading it.

But the discussion was about Trump’s poor grasp of the difference between “truth and lies,” not the 10 Commandments or bearing false witness. Do you dispute that the Bible tells us to the truth and not to lie? Why are you discussing “bearing false witness” as opposed to “truth and lies”? What’s the point you’re trying to make?

FC is saying that it matters, the ability to differentiate between truth and lies, while CWolf said it doesn’t matter. I agree with FC. I’m not surprised that CWolf doesn’t. It’s very in keeping with his moral outlook.

We all know that President Trump is prone to exaggerations…what the left and elitists insist are “lies.” For example, he says that black unemployment is the lowest it’s been in our history. That’s not completely true. Under the Democrats, prior to 1865, black unemployment was virtually zero, but you won’t hear them bragging about it.