Democrats to be rebranded

Apparently Nancy Pelosi sees the need to re-brand the Democratic party, much as Global Warming was re-branded after it was shown to be a monstrous fraud. If it is shown for the fraud it is, then you just have to call it something else, and re-label it in hopes of fooling the public.

Lawmakers say she is consulting marketing experts about building a stronger brand. The most prominent of her new whisperers is Steven Spielberg, the Hollywood director whose films have been works of branding genius. Lawmakers said Spielberg has not reported to Pelosi with a recommendation.

I wonder how this will play with the no-labels crowd…

It’s the Nth iteration of, “Oh crap! They’re on to us!”

The policies of liberals in the 70s and 80s made the word “liberal” a political liability, so they re-branded (using the term anachronistically) - same policies, new brand name, “Progressive”. Now those policies have made “Progressive” a liability, so it’s re-branding time again - again, same policies, new brand name.

Sounds like our local DER who wanted to improve their image, so they split into two organizations, one is called DEP, the other DCNR. Still same nonsense. If they want to improve their image, they need to improve their behaviour. But oh, no! They just want to do it with semantics. (emphasis on “antics”).

A big L on their forehead works for me

paint a pile of offal it becomes a painted pile of offal.

Demorats, Liables, Prosocialcoms, whatever it is it should be worth a good laugh

I remember one guy telling me he was not a democrat but a progressive, of course it took a while for him to admit he was not a conservative as he presented himself as before.

And a bunch of idiots will fall for the “oh, we’re new and improved, we wouldn’t #%@# you over again” line.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Can we brand them with a real branding iron? Across the forehead?