Democrats want citizen's weapons stored with the government

Massachusetts State Representative David Linsky has filed a new bill that would force gun owners to undergo mental health background checks, pay an additional 25% tax on all forms of ammunition, and require firearms categorized as “assault weapons” to be stored outside of their homes at government approved sites.
Natick Patch reported, via Black Listed News:“This bill is a comprehensive effort to reduce all types of gun violence – murders, intentional shootings, accidental shootings and suicides. There is not one solution to reducing gun violence – we can’t eliminate it – but there are a lot of common-sense steps that we can take to significantly reduce the everyday tragedy of gun violence and deaths,” said Linsky…
…“I have spoken with hundreds of people over the past few weeks in developing this legislation – victims, police officers, criminologists, physicians, and yes – gun owners and sportsmen,” stated Linsky. “There are a lot of good ideas out there. We should all have one goal – reducing gun violence and trying to keep more tragedies from happening.”
Provisions in the bill include:
[LIST]
[]Having one standard of the issuance of all gun licenses, giving local police chiefs the ability to evaluate all aspects of an application for a gun license.
[
]Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
[]Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
[
]Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
[]Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
[
]Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victim’s services.
[] Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
[
]Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
[/LIST]
That way if someone breaks in your house, all you have to do is run down to the local gun storage facility to get your guns.
It makes perfect sense.

Democrat’s Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At Government Approved Storage Depots | The Gateway Pundit
Oh wait they are only thinking of your well being as they prepare the gas crematoriums for citizens/sarcasm

One thinks this is not a possibility? Right now we have groups and individuals calls for the subjucation and even death of those they hate coming from the democrats.

Under Obama the hate has been ramped up both racially and by party affiliation.

I hope this idiot pushes this really hard, and gets a goodly number of D legislators to support it. I think even a lot of liberal voters in MA would find this hard to swallow and be faced with the reality of where the D Party has gone. And even the 9th <em>Circus</em> Court would be likely to strike down this law, for at least one of two reasons: the mandatory outside-of-the-home-at-government-approved-storage provision is a sham ownership because that provision is a smoke-screened uncompensated confiscation; all the onerous requirements and extra taxes taken together also are a smoke-screened uncompensated taking, by making owning guns so burdensome as to make guns nearly worthless.

This makes entirely ZERO sense but the very same morons who voted for Obama will view this as a compromise. Ugh, take another shot of Jack, ol’ boy, and pretend you don’t speak English.

This makes entirely ZERO sense but the very same morons who voted for Obama will view this as a compromise.

Have to disagree FLLib. It makes total sense in the context of those proposing/supporting it. Gun-Haters know they cannot come close to overturning the Second Amendment, so they have to concoct incremental ways to slowly circumvent and nullify it. It’s the same thing the Enviros have been trying to do to property owners (getting slapped down on occasions when their ingenious regs go too far and become uncompensated takings). I think this character’s proposal, if passed and signed into law, will get slapped down in the courts, and this country needs the Gun-Haters to suffer a good number of such overreaches-and-slap-downs to strengthen constitutionally guaranteed freedoms and give the Gun-Haters some much-needed PR bloody noses.

(lalalalala) 영어 말핱 수없다. 안영하세요. 미국 아주 미초다.

I have have several Korean co-workers - all ladies. Would it be unwise to ask them to translate that?

Guess even my handguns would have to go. All of my firearms hold more than seven or 10 rounds, whichever it is folks are pushing for these days. Thank God I live in Oregon. I can’t even believe I said that out loud. Then again that lunatic Ginny Burdick from Portland is up to something not quite as stupid but stupid enough.

In the wake of the Clackamas mall shootings, Oregon state Sen. Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, on Wednesday launched an effort to round up support for legislation to ban the sale of high-capacity gun magazines.
In an email to colleagues seeking co-sponsors for a bill she plans to introduce for the 2013 legislative session, Burdick wrote:

According to news reports, the shooter yesterday was able to rapidly fire about 60 shots. This terrifying situation exemplifies the danger of large capacity magazines in our community. Large capacity magazines can dramatically increase death tolls and have no legitimate place in our neighborhoods.

Burdick said she introduced similar legislation in 2011 but was unable to get a hearing on the bill. She said the Clackamas shootings – along with a spate of other shootings involving a gunman able to rapidly fire a large number of shots – might lead to more political support for her proposal.

“I’m not saying this will end gun violence,” said Burdick. "But if people can’t go waltzing into a gun shop and buy a 50-round magazine, I think that is a positive step."
Clackamas Town Center shooting: Oregon lawmaker launches effort to ban high-capacity gun clips in wake of shootings | OregonLive.com

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:6, topic:37889”]
I have have several Korean co-workers - all ladies. Would it be unwise to ask them to translate that?
[/quote]If you google that, the only thing that shows up is this page right here lol

haha. No. I just said I can’t speak English