Dems--No budget again

Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., will take over as Senate Budget Committee chairman, but she said raising taxes is a higher priority for her than passing what would be the first budget in four years.
“If we can get Republicans to quit protecting the wealthy in order to move forward and solve that, then I think we are on a path to be able to make the decisions we need to do and move towards a budget,” Murray told the Politico Huddle while revealing that she plans to take over the top spot on the Budget Committee

New Senate Dem budget chair: Don

It is all the republican’s fault/sarcasm

Who needs a budget? Obama will just spend whatever he wants; after all, there is an endless supply of money coming from the US tax payers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/sarcasm.gif

[quote=“Susanna, post:2, topic:37126”]
Who needs a budget? Obama will just spend whatever he wants; after all, there is an endless supply of money coming from the US tax payers.

[/quote]Obama said he promised to work with the republicans and the last I read he wants twice the amount of taxes than before. Anyone who thinks that those under $250,000 will not see their taxes raise really is living in La la land.

I agree of all people to put in that spot they put Patty Murry there. She has been running her campaign on the fact that she is a soccer mom.

She has a BA in PE and was a preschool teacher then taught parenting classes as a community college. She is now chair of the Budget Committee representing Billions of dollars?

Crazy.

That, in itself, makes her no less qualified than any other Congressional Democrat that would fill that spot. They are all financial idiots.

As long as bammy does not have a budget he can do as he sees fit and we won’t see it coming, when we find out it will be too late, the budget is too gone for too long…

I had a good cry when you said "Goodbye"
I didn’t wanna let you go
but you’ve been too gone for too long
so why don’t you just stay gone?
now you’ve been too gone for too long
now it’s too late to come back home

If they viewed government money as their own personal checkbook (it really is the taxpayer’s checkbook), and had to pay a penalty for being overdrawn, like the rest of us, they might think twice about spending. As it is, there is no penalty to these bozos if they can’t balance the checkbook (well, WE pay the penalty when they print more money to cover the ISF ) . . . and I suspect there will never be a penalty that these morons have to pay out of there own pocket anyway.

Oh well . . . I guess I’ll have to keep wishing for accountability.

I agree with you on this one. I like how the current issue of the Economist described the USA fiscally: America is a country that likes to spend as a big state but tax as a small one. With Republicans hating tax increases and dems hating spending cuts someone is going to have to learn to give a little or they will be in for some much harder times. They need to decide whether they will run there economy like a big state to match thier spending or run thier economy like a little state and decrease spending.

[quote=“Susanna, post:2, topic:37126”]

[/quote]The was an article that said they are thinking of getting rid of the debt ceiling all together.
Geithner: We should definitely just get rid of the debt ceiling « Hot Air