Denmark to scrap world's first fat tax

Denmark said Saturday it would scrap a fat tax it introduced a little over a year ago in a world first, saying the measure was costly and failed to change Danes’ eating habits.
“The fat tax and the extension of the chocolate tax – the so-called sugar tax – has been criticised for increasing prices for consumers, increasing companies’ administrative costs and putting Danish jobs at risk,” the Danish tax ministry said in a statement.
“At the same time it is believed that the fat tax has, to a lesser extent, contributed to Danes travelling across the border to make purchases,” it added.

“Against this background, the government and the (far-left) Red Green Party have agreed to abolish the fat tax and cancel the planned sugar tax,” the ministry said.

AFP: Denmark to scrap world’s first fat tax

I guess they did not figure in the consequences

Added cost to the businesses
People shopping elsewhere
jobs at risk
Higher prices on everything

Look at what we see here with using ethanol with the government wanting a higher percentage in fuel.

It takes more gas to go anywhere
It takes a gal and a fourth to produce ethanol
Food prices go up

And yes there is talk of a fat tax here as well

[quote=“samspade, post:1, topic:37075”]

And yes there is talk of a fat tax here as well
[/quote]Just keep an eye on Mayor Bloomberg.

NYC bans food donations for the homeless | WTVR.com

The reason? The City can’t properly assess salt, fiber and fat content in the donated foo, so they don’t know if the homeless are getting optimal levels of nutrition.

Eat healthy or starve. ha ha ha!

[quote=“RightOnLeftCoast, post:3, topic:37075”]
Eat healthy or starve. ha ha ha!
[/quote]They can always eat what Michele Obama eats

[quote=“samspade, post:4, topic:37075”]
They can always eat what Michele Obama eats
[/quote]Ewww…

After his first election, I was driving to Thanksgiving dinner. The only station I get in the truck I was driving was NPR. They were reporting on the Obama family’s Thanksgiving dinner, as if any of us care at all. I was just grossed out: Oyster stuffing. Nasty. Who does that?

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:5, topic:37075”]
Ewww…

After his first election, I was driving to Thanksgiving dinner. The only station I get in the truck I was driving was NPR. They were reporting on the Obama family’s Thanksgiving dinner, as if any of us care at all. I was just grossed out: Oyster stuffing. Nasty. Who does that?
[/quote]I am talking about what she really eats versus what she tells others to eat. Can’t you dine on steak and lobster and other fancy food?

[quote=“samspade, post:6, topic:37075”]
I am talking about what she really eats versus what she tells others to eat. Can’t you dine on steak and lobster and other fancy food?
[/quote]I’ll have the steak, thanks!

I guess they did not figure in the consequences

IMO, most politicians of pretty much any nation are genetically incapable of such thinking.

Gee, Denmark and much of NW Europe is heavily into dairy production and consumption (directly and in various foods) and chocolate. How could this tax not fail to fail?!

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:5, topic:37075”]
Ewww…

[/quote]I do. Oyster stuffing, done right, is delicious.

Let them eat cake

What you are talking about is: “Law of Unintended Consequences”. As our world has got more and more complex this raises its head more and more often. In fact it is what is going to take our country down. The UiC in Obamacare are staggering. Look at the people who developed and pushed Obamacare, Harry Reid, Nancee Pelosi, you think they have any CONCEPT of the laws they pass and the ramifications down the road?

This all came patently clear in my years as a Chief Technical Architect building large systems and performing systems integration across disparate systems. Hence in the IT software business out-year support costs exceed development and fielding costs by as must as 10 to 1.

WHOA, been eating Oyster stuffing all of my life, its a deep south thing especially found in Texas and Louisiana…

In fact I posted the family recipe for it on here in another thread…never served it to anyone who did not love it…I can assure the Obamas did not have it as part of their regular meal, I doubt they had any idea what it was…

I’ve never had it, but it sounds good to me.

[quote=“Susanna, post:12, topic:37075”]
I’ve never had it, but it sounds good to me.
[/quote]I have several variations, but the one 17Oaks posted looked extremely good. I am making it next week.
17Oaks, get ready for the review. I’m fair, but tough.

Please do and if you make any changes or adds let me know, I am always looking to improve…

[quote=“17Oaks, post:14, topic:37075”]
Please do and if you make any changes or adds let me know, I am always looking to improve…
[/quote]I will, but that recipe looks practically fool proof. I simply cannot wait.

Well, I guess somebody needed to like seafood and do weird things with it :wink::grin:

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:16, topic:37075”]
Well, I guess somebody needed to like seafood and do weird things with it :wink::grin:
[/quote]Do you like seafood?

[quote=“Tiny1, post:17, topic:37075”]
Do you like seafood?
[/quote]Ummm nope! :smiley: I don’t think there’s anything good that comes from the ocean in terms of food! I like cows and pigs and birds and deer. I live by the motto that we should not anything with less than two legs or more than four – which of course doesn’t mean that everything with two to four legs is good to eat – just that the only things worth eating have two to four legs!

PS - I also believe that mustard is a gateway condiment.

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:19, topic:37075”]
Ummm nope! :smiley: I don’t think there’s anything good that comes from the ocean in terms of food! I like cows and pigs and birds and deer. I live by the motto that we should not anything with less than two legs or more than four – which of course doesn’t mean that everything with two to four legs is good to eat – just that the only things worth eating have two to four legs!

PS - I also believe that mustard is a gateway condiment.
[/quote]You are a racist:rofl: