Despite Threats, U.S. Cut Security in Libya Before Attacks

In the six months leading up to the assault on the United States consulate in Benghazi, the State Department reduced the number of trained Americans guarding U.S. facilities in Libya, according to a leading House Republican investigating the Sept. 11 anniversary attacks. The reduction in U.S. security personnel increased America’s reliance on local Libyan guards for the protection of its diplomats.

Despite Threats, U.S. Cut Security in Libya Before Attacks - The Daily Beast

In a war torn country with reports Al Qaeda has infiltrated the country, our state department decides to reduce protection. In the next debate which I believe is supposed to be on foreign policy, I hope Rommey blasts him about this and all the other major mistakes Obama has made on policy.

I dislike Rommey but he has shown more presidential material than our current slacker partier-in chief. Obama needs to be relegated to speaking engagements and parties the taxpayer does not have to pay for.

Remember the “3:00AM” phone call question? Well, when Obama got it he said, “Call me back at a decent hour”.

Sam, why are you blaming our own country? The terrorists are at fault, yet, you blame the United States. Don’t you love your country?

Maybe because our country shares the blame. No, we didn’t “make” the terrorists do their thing, but knowing how terrorists behave, we failed to protect our own.

We are to blame or rather Billary and 'bammy. Neither has any creds, any experience and we have had one running around the world writing checks the other running around the world apologizing…that has been our Foreign policy for nearly 4 years. The massacre at Ft Hood was called “workplace violence”, there is no such thing as terrorism, 'bammy deemed gone and so it was.

Fast & Furious

Benghazi

Yemen

How many Americans have to die before we charge those two with Treason, dereliction of duty and ship their azzs to another country if not another world.

It gets downright frustrating!!

Earlier today I read we have a billion plus we have not used for security purposes that is earmarked for just this the protection of our consuls and embassies. I have a feeling Obama wants that money for other purposes. A trick I see in Illinois all of the time with politicians co-oping funds.

Yea, GREEN programs…you know, Obammy gives one of his big dollar donors a few $100 Million for a some phony near bankrupt company…that is why they call it GREEN

What a shocker. Republicans in Congress vote to slash embassy security funding, and suddenly the money goes away:

For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.) **Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.**
[GOP vice presidential nominee Paul] Ryan, [Rep. Darrell] Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

Dana Milbank: Forget about Big Bird - The Washington Post

And about Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the Republican “leading the charge” in the OP article:

CNN: Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?

CHAFFETZ: Absolutely. Look, we have to make priorities and choices in this country… When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices how to prioritize this.

GOP Rep: I ‘Absolutely’ Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security | ThinkProgress

We have that happening in our little bitty township (our entire county has a population of <5000, so that may give you an idea of the size).

Yea, I just caught that, $1 Billion and 'bammy said no, he needs to give $249 Million GRANT (meaning it does NOT need to be paid back) to some Green company that is going bankrupt…