Detroit physician charged with mutilating girls’ genitalia

Detroit physician charged with mutilating girls’ genitalia
Robert Snell
The Detroit News
Published 11:54 a.m. ET April 13, 2017

Jumana Nagarwala of Livonia was charged with female genital mutilation, a five-year felony, and transportation with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, a 10-year felony, according to a complaint unsealed Thursday in U.S. District Court.

“According to the complaint, despite her oath to care for her patients, Dr. Nagarwala is alleged to have performed horrifying acts of brutality on the most vulnerable victims,” Acting Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Blanco said in a statement. “The Department of Justice is committed to stopping female genital mutilation in this country, and will use the full power of the law to ensure that no girls suffer such physical and emotional abuse.”

The FBI investigation alleges Nagarwala removed clitoral skin from two girls who were brought to Detroit earlier this year, activity that violates both federal and state law regarding female genital mutilation.

My human side wants to believe she would have been prosecuted even if Obama were President; my partisan side believes she would not have been prosecuted in Federal court. Sadly, I think my partisan side may be closer to reality.

Your partisan side is most likely correct.

:yeahthat:I wholeheartedly agree!:yeahthat:

who reported her?

To start with, she has her C-skin removed sans any Lidocaine, then we send her to the pen…

Caroline, there’s probably a whole lot to this story that hasn’t been made public. My very speculative guess is that one or both of the girls had a problem at school or otherwise had to go to the ER or doctor, a nurse or doctor recognized what had been done, and the situation was reported to CPS or the police. That got the ball rolling, and once it was realized that the girls had been taken from MN to MI, the Feds were called in. At some point it was recognized that more than one girl had been mutilated.

The really sad thing is that a reasonable inference from the two having stayed at the same motel is that this female insult-to-physicians had a set MO from having done this in the past, possibly many times. I’m going to further speculate that this was not the first time that state and even Federal officials had been alerted to FGM cases in the US, but that little or nothing was done for fear of being accused of and investigated for “Islamophobia” (much as happened in that rape ring in England).

Maybe I wrong in all these guesses, but I fear that several or most of them are pretty much correct.

Remove hers with a hatchet.

Dull one

There’s been another pair of arrests in this case. I have a feeling it’s more widespread a practice here in the US than just this one case.

Oh it is, and you have your regressive libtard apologists taking up for them, deflecting to “What about Christians, what about jews”. Well gas bags, why does this kind of thing ONLY happen in the Isamic faith?

This article has quite a bit more on this case. At the end it also includes this sadly ominous information:

> There are more victims in Michigan, prosecutors allege.
>
> On March 31, agents obtained a court order to listen to Nagarwala’s phone calls.
>
> During one call, Farida Attar was heard advising parents of one Michigan child to deny to law enforcement that the procedures were being performed, according to the agent.
>
> “Farida told the parent to completely deny the allegation, and to say that nothing has happened,” the agent wrote.

Unsurprisingly and sadly, IMO, this case has so far received mostly local coverage.