Did Trump Just Hint at Building the Border Wall Using the Military?

One of our mods is welcome to shorten this if needed.

There’s not going to be a wall.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/economic-intelligence/articles/2017-07-19/congress-slyly-diverts-pentagon-money-to-fund-donald-trumps-border-wall

You might want to check the date on that opinion piece.

I knew the date before I posted it.

And to really frost your @zz …

To the mods: A huge image is embedded within this post and I have no idea on how to delete it or if it’s even possible!

This forum tends to turn url links into partial pages from the linked site and unfortunately this huge picture is part of the link!

Maybe Trump Is Playing 3D Chess?

STATEMENTS & RELEASES Text of a Letter from the President to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate

BUDGET & SPENDING

Issued on: March 23, 2018

This was filed ONE hour after the Senate Passed the Bill.

The POTUS invoked the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 (a law Reagan passed) because of out of control debt and now has discretionary control of all the funds.

Here is the order from December 21st declaring the national emergency.

The Omnibus spending authorizes military spending for border security :slight_smile:

Blockquote That these funds may be used in such
2 amounts as the Secretary of Defense may determine to
3 enhance the border security of nations adjacent to conflict
4 areas including Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, and Tunisia re-
5 sulting from actions of the Islamic State of Iraq and
6 Syria

The United States is certainly adjacent to a conflict area: Mexico. Notice the word “including” which does not limit it to Jordan, Egypt, and Tunisia. If it can be established that there is any ISIS activity in Mexico or any interaction of ISIS with members of one of the drug cartels then this bill authorizes using military funds for a wall.

This is sad. How many times does Lucy- er Trump- need to pull the football away before you get it? There won’t be a wall. Trump doesn’t care about a wall.

I don’t see any issues with images. I shortened it so it wasn’t the entire post in keeping with the forum policy.

If true, that’s funny.

Remember that leaked conversation with the Mexican President?

"But he maintained his insistence that Peña Nieto remain quiet about the issue.
“You cannot say anymore that the United States is going to pay for the wall,” he said. "I am just going to say that we are working it out. Believe it or not, this is the least important thing that we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important talk about."

Lol

Of course, it’s CNN, so it’s a lie!

I’m sure I can find a link to a conservative outlet. It was a widely reported story.

It’s cool. I just know that’s a response some folks will have. While I seriously mistrust CNN, I don’t think it lies quite that blatantly. Others do. That was just a little sarcasm on my part.

Ok, gotcha.

Most assuredly, they do!

As a senator, Barack Obama once praised the border control legislation that would become the basis for one of Donald Trump’s first acts as president.

“The bill before us will certainly do some good,” Obama said on the Senate floor in October 2006. He praised the legislation, saying it would provide “better fences and better security along our borders” and would “help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.”

Obama was talking about the Secure Fence Act of 2006, legislation authorizing a barrier along the southern border passed into law with the support of 26 Democratic senators including party leaders like Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Chuck Schumer.

Now it’s become the legal mechanism for Trump to order construction of a wall between the United States and Mexico, attempting to make good on a key promise from the campaign trail. Trump specifically cited the law in the first sentence of Wednesday’s executive order authorizing the wall.

Suck it up leftists!:smiley:

Do you see a wall being built? It hasn’t happened, it’s not going to happen. Are you so naive you think the DoD will part with its precious dollars to spend billions on a pointless wall? Good grief!

I love when the Left double and triple down on their Trump predictions, I am sure Trump loves it as well :slight_smile:

They haven’t been right about ANYTHING they’ve predicted about President Trump…not a single thing. You’d think, if they were rational, they’d stop trying to predict ANYTHING.